Bootcamp - Sept 2021

Cassel

Actually, the lessons for Days 1 to 3 are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, when you will get the first project. After that, the projects will be every other day but the emails are still daily.

For those who are starting late, your emails are just a bit delayed and you might not get them at the same time of day as others, but they will catch up.

Hello, I did a bit more in the lesson. I used the drop shadow, beveled, and used the magic wand a few times. Hope this is alright. Got carried away with my sandswich, by trying to add toast did a few more layers on the dishes also. It almost looks like homemade bread to me.

This is my third Bootcamp and I got the e-mail early this morning so I have gone back and played with it several times. I like my really full sandwich on toast and it had so much stuff in it I had to put toothpicks in it to keep it together. The tablecloth and the flower are from creative fabrica. I wanted something cold so I have a glass of milk instead of a cup of something. My first bootcamp sandwich and table were pretty much just like the tutorial suggested.

just registered!! Honestly, I'm not sure yet if I'll be using jasc psp9 or psp2021, because on the latter I'm not really that comfortable yet.

Moreover, I take this opportunity to ask a quick question about the psp2021: in the gradients, I cannot find the "foreground/background" gradient .... normal or not ??

I found all the pieces of my creation on  google search.  Since I have done the boot camp several times I wanted to try to do something different.  I actually created a slice of bread but did not much like the way it turned out.  I added alvacado slices to mine and ham instead of bologna.   Had to cut out each piece of the silverware, all veggies and bread and I created the place mat, and dishes with PSP 2021.

Hi love you guys Sandwiches :)

I used free images on Bing like here:  https://www.bing.com/images/  the table cloth and the rose.

I had trouble with my shadows all my settings were messed up and I don't know what the default is on them like

before in bootcamp.     It was so much easier this time, but I have problems with  what settings things should be on,

and

layers.  But my understanding is so much better really.     Wished I could cut my sandwich don't know how,  wished

I could make my top break  sorta invisible to show my veggies :)  but don't know how.

Cassel what are the settings should be on the Shadows this video didn't show it I think?

Sue, hope you are up-to-date with the emails. When registration is later, sometimes, it delays some emails.

Susan, I hope you will also share your Christmas card in the What are you working on? thread.

Ann, amazing how those sandwiches change with every bootcamp!

Wanda, looking forward to seeing the greats! That is a cute placemat.

Helen, although shadows were not necessary in this exercise, it is still a good practice.

Colin, did you add those condiments in a new layer? (since we can't see it, you can say you did!) Working without the tabs will resemble more the work with various images if you were on your kitchen table :)

Anne, I think you are the first one to convert the cup into a glass to add milk!

Nadine, the Foreground-Background gradient seemed to have been "forgotten" in later versions, but don't worry. Go to your PSP9, and copy the file and save it in your own custom folder. OR, if you keep your PSP9, just point PSP2021 to the location of the gradients in 9 and you will be able to access it.

Cindy, the sandwich exercise didn't have any suggested shadows. That would scare newcomers! Wait until later in the bootcamp, and once we start talking about shadows, you can come back to this exercise. To make the top invisible, click on the little eye icon on the left of the layer you want to hide.

Hello Everyone. This is my second time in the Bootcamp. I enjoyed it so much and I wanted to practice again with all the PSP tools I learned to use the first time around.

Here are my workspace preferences:

Color: Dark Grey on Edit workspace, Tools toolbar on left docked, Standard, Status Tools on top, Materials on top right  docked, Layer palette floating, Organizer on bottom closed, Learning Center closed.

Here is my first picture for Day 1 which shows curious "Bella" who is probably thinking about which book to knock of the shelve.

my day2 sandwich )))

I use one of my plaid made for big10 for the background, and the lines used for this plaid (with effects store & texture fur), for the cutlery, I used the eye candy impact-chrome for the metal and glass for the handles, as well as for the cup-)

for the coffee, I use filter forge for an effect dirty, and then blur.

For the sandwich : filter forge for the texture bread, and my own photos of salade and tomatoe extracted, onions extracted from photos Pixabay royalty free

hope I don't forget something LOL

oops I forgot my plate: made with my circular element of the big10 made with a personal blue ribbon, recolored and put an interior bevelling effect, then added a background

I'm a little late to the table (pun intended).  Here's is my lunch.  I had this fabulous company called "The Big-10" come in and install my new linoleum flooring.  Carole, the installer, even taught me how to install my own linoleum...for next time.  Installer and teacher, a one of a kind service for sure!  So why not have a picnic on the new floor.  I'm having tomato soup with tea while darling hubby has a clubhouse sandwich, this time with onions.  When I went to get some napkins he cheekily (new word?) put one of his pickles into my soup.  He is having some hot chocolate.  I reduced the opacity on the soup and hot chocolate so you could see part of the spoon.  the bowl and sandwhich plates are sitting on charger plates (after all, we are civilized..well, sort of).  The charger plates are made of blue transparent glass(ie. reduced opacity). you can sort of see the lino through them.  I reduced opacity on the pickle so it looks like it sunk into the soup.  Lunch was yummy, although the cats kept thinking it was their meal (we dont feed them people food, but they try).

Just as a reminder, if you are new to this, and want to use only the original supplies for the sandwich exercise, it is perfectly ok. Some participants are just getting over-excited! Don't worry, they started at the beginning too! :)

And for those getting excited and adding more, thank you for sharing what you did and how as it will help our newcomers.

Hi Anne Lamp,  Thank YOU>>> <<<<  omg  ty

That's it  I wanted to show all my Onions,   I love lots of veggies    I never had so much fun.  Thank you Anne

Thank you Cassel for Everything, this Group, My Teachers really saved my life to.   Your all so Wonderful and Super

Smart.  I love Judge Judys saying Beauty fades Smart is Forever.   You all Rock   From the Top Down.

I sized my project to 600 to submit.

Love all the different tables and sandwiches.  Seems like we all have favorite foodies.  Mine was roast beef (altered the original meat slice), went to the NicePng store and got lettuce (romaine), pickle, mayo, tomato sliced, onion sliced, fries; the tablecloth I made while I was obsessing over plaids (love Reflection Effect), but when the effect wouldn't work, I just pulled the rectangle down for the stripes to begin the making of the plaid.  Of course the pink and metal cutlery is just color changing.  Lots of fun.

I now have the pictures I will use for the balance of the project.