What are you working on (in July 2021)?

Cassel

The Corel Freebie this week is a Honeycomb Photo Collage in .pspimage or ,jpg. I tried it out using the same photo in each of the cells and adding frames as I slowly reduced the size and put every other one on a diagonal. Interesting effect, I think. I'm uploading reduced versions of my design; the original photo and the Corel collage format which in .pspimage form are all masks.

Like some of the others, I have not done much except the projects for the Bootcamp. I have learned even more this time around. Here is the one from the last challenge. I also included the framed window by itself. The photo is one I took at my Church.

I managed to get a few hrs of kayaking in this morning, before the wind really picked up. Still very hot and dry. Yesterday it was 39c, today it was cooler 32c. This evening's project, after going through and sorting out some of the best photos of insects, birds and mammals to be used in 2022 calendars. Anyway, instead of creating a title text I opted for something different. A tag. I even created the QR code. This is why I enjoy the Scavenger hunt challenges so much, when they come round in the campus. I like to create my own elements. Word Art.

My latest creation: Kaaterskill Double Falls.

TITLE FONT: COPPERPLATE GOTHIC

TEXT FONT: BABILONIA

HOW I MADE THE TRANSPARENT FRAME AROUND THE TEXT:

(ON NEW LAYER) SELECTION/MODIFY/SELECT SELECTION/EFFECT:CHISEL/DESELECT/MAGIC WAND/INVERT/DELETE/EFFECT:DROP SHADOW

PHOTO FROM GOOGLE SEARCH USED AS BACKGROUND CHANGED TO SEPIA

KAATERSKILL TRAIL AND FALLS COLOR PHOTOS BY CHUCK CALIO AT HViP

RIVET/GROMMET IS A PICTURE TUBE

Well, it has been something else completing this Travel Challenge.  I used one of the vacation frames from Cassel and changed the wording - that was a challenge - also changed the color which was another challenge.  I have all the double pages saved as pspimage - BUT I don't have pages 19 and 20 saved as a pspimage.  Another story.  I did manage to save it with using the 2 pages, but of course, not as a pspimage!  oh, well!

I finally managed to leave my mark on a wooden plank at the base of the Devils Tower.

I actually enjoyed going through this Travel Challenge and have learned a number of things.

That said - I really have enjoyed looking through all the forums and seeing the amazing things y'all have been doing!

Well this flyer may not be everyone's cup of tea! I thought I'd give you a tiny glimpse into the very private lives of a couple of insects. I've done magazine covers, and newspaper pages to showcase my photos. There is a masterclass on the newspaper. I wanted to use the QR code that I made, I thought a flyer would be prefect for it. As for me I'm in my element crawling around on the ground looking for insects to shoot, usually at the time the sun is rising. Then thumbing the pages of my books to ID them and learn about their secretive lives. These are all macro photographs. Of course my photos are 4,000x3000 pixels, which mean a lot of fine details are not visible, due to being greatly resized.

Nothing amazing, but I had fun making the background. I used a bunch of different distortion effects on the original image and I don't remember which ones or in what order. I usually pay more attention and write down what I'm doing, but not today!  LOL (The illustration is by Bella Pilar. The font is Arial Rounded MT Bold.)

I extracted the flower, to be used in other projects, also I'll have the word art on hand for another project. Sunflowers aren't delicate flowers, they are huge robust flowers, hence the reason for using bolder fonts. Added some gold to the SUNFLOWER word, and a little texture to the word SUNBEAM. I don't grow sunflowers. When I go shopping on a Tuesday there are several gardens in the town, that have some very talented gardeners with green fingers. This is one of their flowers.  This page will be more pleasing to the eye for those that don't like insects.

Started working in the labs again.  This is Lab 6, mod 2:  created the H, B, and L with stitching (I don't do that stitching so good); created the starburst paper which is under Lucy; created the flowers; and the string tube.  Interesting.  The background paper I had created some time ago and the yellow polka dot paper under the starburst I created in the Love Challenge.  The doily was in the Fire and Ice Kit by Cassel.

Let me just say how lovely it has been to get on here and see all the beautiful pages you ladies have created. As I haven't been on the 'what are you working on in july' showroom for ages there are just too many beautiful creations for me to comment on individually. Collectively ... beautiful work and a total joy to peruse ... well done dear friends. ;D

July is almost to an end and I just made this birthday card for a friend. I cann't post it on Facebook, because she will see it there before her birthday is due! Background is photo with a blur and texture;  another photo of a flower (Digitalis)  I took on a walk passing by a nice frontgarden. The mask is by Jessica Dunn and I use it often for cards. Simple frame with a butterfly and the text is Green Love and Growloves. I put her name inside the initial and decorated with a flower. I just started with the Diamond Membership and this are the first tutorials I did. I made one for myself too for future use. Furthermore I have browsed the contents and will work my way through, at first glance it is quite overwhelming!!! But I love it.

I agree with Annie, beautiful work.  If I may make just one suggestion, and it's just  me and my love  for insects.  I know that it's a butterfly. I recognize it. :-)  I would  move the butterfly  to the right by a few pixels to reveal some antennae, and  part of the abdomen, possibly tilt it  by 1%.  Only to make it more obvious.  Sometimes it's just those very fine details that makes the  page even more phenomenal.

I finally got around to doing something for this forum.  It is a mish mash of the freebie/scavenger/theme projects.  It is ok ... definitely not my best work and I think it could well and truly do without the threaded ribbon but ... it is what it is.  I would appreciate truthful comments about this piece and what you think of the threaded ribbon ... yay or nay.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;)

Sue, I see what you mean and have adjusted accordingly, thanks and your comments are always appreciated; you are in this "game" so much longer then I'm! I love to learn from you.

Annie, I agree with you; no treaded ribbon although it was a requested element it doesn't match well. I find your colorpalette so "not you" at all, if I may say so. This is really the first time that I have some minor critics. I should leave it and go on to a next new project/page, not everything can always be a 110%!

My dear friend Annie, your work is always superb, you always put so much time and thought into them.  Even though I'm very much a  minimalistic creator, I always love everyone's work. I often wish I could  add more, when I do, I don't like it, and remove them.  Yet when I see other pages I absolutely love them. No matter how hard I try, I just can't fetch myself to  fill my pages with elements.   Your page is  beautiful, you have a knack for  matching colours too.  You did a grand job on the threaded ribbon, much better than mine, I created mine to look flatter than yours, (or tried too) as your paper or card pieces appear thicker than mine.   To give my threaded ribbon purpose for being in the page, I added a date to it, with a blend mode.   Did you forget to add a shadow to the gem stone on the shell?   You could have put a hole in the shell and threaded a ribbon through it.  You have my honest  thoughts on this page.   I'm not one that gets easily offended.  I also try not to  offend anyone with my comments.  I always appreciate honest constructive criticism.  They always help me to look at my work in a  different light, as we can all get in a bit of a rut.

Annie: I like your color palette on this design though I usually go for stronger colors. Since you asked for input, and after reading Sue's comments, I have to chime in with my thoughts. I agree that the "gem" on the shell is invisible without a shadow; I didn't even see it until Sue pointed it out! Also, a good idea to thread the ribbon through a hole in the top of the shell instead of the chain. My only other thought is the title looks a bit disjointed. I would push the word Artistry up closer to the word Seashell, but otherwise a rather pleasing design. If it were me, I'd be going back to fix things as I always want to "fiddle" with my designs. Good luck! ;-)

Ann, Corrie and Sue, my dear friends you are absolute gems.  Thank you so much for your honest comments on this page.  I have made some adjustments to accommodate your suggestions.  I did put a shadow on the pearl by using the circle selection tool with a feather of 1.  I had to do it that way because the original tube came with pearl and chain attached.  I decided not to remove the chain ... probably sheer laziness on my part ... but there just wasn't enough room for me to add a threaded ribbon to it, so chain it had to be.  Also, it came with a shadow and removing a shadow from a chain was not enticing me to play by the rules, lol!  Dear Corrie, I totally agree that the colour scheme is not me so I made a very minor colour change adjustment which I think is better but still not satisfying ... hmmmm.  Clever idea dear Sue to add a date to the threaded ribbon and again it was just laziness that made me delete instead of adding to it.  I think by that stage I was wholeheartedly sick of the page and just wanted an end to it ... bin job, lol!  Dear Ann I went with your advice regards the title and moved the word Artistry up closer to the word Seashell and I do like the look of that better.

Thank you lovely friends for the constructive criticism ... goes a long way to furthering my desire to improve my work.  ;D