What are you working on (in July 2021)?

Cassel

Date-07-2021-300x188.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in July, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

I took a couple of photos of the Lime tree (Linde, Basewood) right in front of our house and I needed a card too. Here is the combination of both, I wish I could attach the amazing smell of the flowers as well. Along my route when I go shopping (by bike) there are a lot of those trees and the smell makes it so nice to drive through those streets!

I used a photo with a heavy blur as background then the flowers with a mask, simple frame and a quote. Carole's cornerpunches and a selection of one flower inside a little frame made with a font.

Bonnie: Wonderful use of the template for your photo of the geese. Rumble in the Park is nicely laid out with the colors really highlighing the photos. Daffodils is absolutely beautiful. Andy and Fran are going to end up with awesome book with the layouts you have been doing of them. Sorry to hear about the rain delaying your second Rumble; but it appears that is did not dampen anyone's spirit. Such a fun layout.

Corrie: As usual your cards are so stunning. Fantastic colors and photo.

Lab 7 Module 2

Lesson 1: loopy frame (with Cassel's Christmas lights tube and Barton's VectorTube script)

Experiment 4: sketch template - AlainaE

Experiment 5: fun font find - frosty

Kit: Christmas in the Country ©Kimeric Kreations

Happy Independence Day USA: Here's a double layout I devised from an interesting story in my NY Times. I've always admired Maya Lin who was an 18-year-old woman, an Asian freshman at Harvard, when chosen for her design for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in D.C. This is her latest installation and I'm in awe!

There were several photos with the article: I used one, blurred and twirled, for the background. I used the vector spiral script on the one on the right. (Thanks guys for your help, Carole and Corrie!) No special fonts. I'm uploading the double page scaled down and also each half which will come up larger so you can see the text.

I don't know who did the original fashion illustration, but I loved it. I used cass-PaintedBackground script to create the background. I ran it several times using the various options until I was satisfied with the result. I love that script! The font is DESIGNER.

If anyone ever wants to know where to get a font I use, just ask. I only have free ones since my last pc died.

My Grandson id 30 next month so I have taken a spell from my daughters scrapbook to work on something for him. I have taken many photos over the years that he hasn't seen but this one of their King Charles was one of theirs and it had a very black background. I had a go of extracting it but didn't look natural enough.  I spent ages working out how I was going to soften it and this is how it turned out, not perfect by any means, but then neither am I.  I  have used Carole's slat script .I wasn't sure on the background for the slats so I just went into the pattern and used the open photo of the dog.

Michele - always love your take of the day for the Fabulous Divas!

Shirley - That picture of Charlie is winsome.  Those bubble balls decorating the layout are great.

Karen - I especially enjoyed your "Spaghetti" layout!

Corrie - Enjoy your postings.  Loved your Travel Challenge - as was noted, the history lesson was great.  Especially like this posting of the Lime tree - beautifully done.

I guess I will finish my Travel Challenge here as I am still working on it - will end up with about 18 pages and am considering on getting it printed as a book.  It was a fun, whirlwind trip with my daughter and her 2 oldest children - a long time ago.