What are you working on (in July 2021)?

Cassel

Finished page 9.  Did the postcard and stamp using the state flower of SD jpg as my stamp.  Worked hard on the 5 masks - each separate this time and getting a frame around each of the masks, cutting my paper behind the masks.  Still a learning curve for me.  Nothing really new except the postcard and stamp.  Oh, yes, the enamel heart I got from PS some time ago.

Shirley thank you and I love the LO you did for your grandson. Nice to see you again as we haven't seen you here lately. I hope you are well.

Mary thank you and your Travel Tale is progressing steadily. I hope you do a printed version of it as well. I did that last year from my trip to the States where my daughter and family is living now.  An album is way easier to look to without having to start the computer.

Mary and Corrie thank you for your comments ladies, yes I loved flicking the balls around like playing marbles lol. Charlie is a gorgeous puppy and very spoilt.  Yes Corrie I am not going anywhere this place is like a magnet.

Page 10.  The panoramic view of the gold mine was made from 3 shots I took while there and then photo stitched with a program from Canon.  The gold nuggets and rocks are from NicePng and the miner is from ClipArt Library. The gold chain on the leather tag of SD is from Cassel.  All else is the usual on these pages.

OK, Page 11.  this was fun and I am getting better with masks.  This was my first attempt at creating a cluster: the scatter and background splash  is from ap-dandelinewishes, and the rest is from PSBT June DB Magnolia; the logo for Storybook Island came from their website.

Ann - that is a beautiful look at summer!

I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I would share this.  I used Cassel's  lovely shell frame and a photo from my vacation a few years ago.  I have always liked that pic and decided to finally frame it.   Oh Oh, I just realized my feet are sticking out under the frame.  I will have to fix that.

The theme Majestic Women had me stumped. I searched and searched for inspiration until I found this beautiful image. I tried really hard to find the original artist, but had no luck. Anyway, I used Image: Negative Image, duplicated, spaced evenly horizontal, flipped horizontal, and merged. I erased the background using Clipping Magic. (I pay a small monthly fee because I'm not very good at erasing complicated backgrounds with PSP e.g. her hair.) I duplicated the png image and resized by 50%. I duplicated and resized about 20 times to get this result.  I ran out of time so I quickly used the vector stroke script to make a border. The script was Angelta.

Michele - WOW!!!

This is page 12.  Struggled with this one - not sure why, but I really "stuffed" my pc and had to restart it several times in order to get through this one.  I think the history must be several miles long!  The only real difference this time is re-discovering that the rectangle has many shapes!! and so I have an elipse for the golden bull mask.  I also added a tag this time to write on - it's from Rush Ranch.

Thanks, Annie - always appreciate your comment.  Part of the problems I was facing with all of this project, is that "old photos never die, they just fade away!"  But I am continuing on.  The next page will be about a really good stop in SD called Bear Country and I researched it on "St. Google" so that I will also post the history of it.  Really a unique place.

Just a quick LO of a plant in a pot on my patio. It is a Pieris and when it gets new leaves they are a flaming red. After a while when they grow bigger they become green. The plant has flowers too but they are not very spectacular. I made the mask using the circle mask lesson from the Love Story Challenge with 2 different brushes. The font is Austi Bost you wear flowers and the corner brushes are from Carole. The background is the same photo but blurred with a little bit of texture which you cann't see very well in the resized version.

And now we come to Bear Country.  This will take 2 pages.  This is page 13.  New stuff: 3rd background paper is from Just Denim Kit-krisandlarry, colorized by me; background of the descriptive text is from PS, Marisa Lerin; cluster is from PS - Jessica Dunn with added bear claws; curled ribbon is from PSBT - June 21-DB Magnolia - colorized to match the bow in the cluster; the bear claw I used to make the picture tube of bear claws is from PS-Sheila Reid.  Had a lot of fun with this and planning the 2 pages.  Next page is yet to come!

Whoops!  a few glitches on the 1st one - the second one corrects them.

This is Grandson Sam's farewell party when he went off to study Digital media, studied an extra year in animation. He did us proud, now has his dream job as a self employed cartoonist doing family cartoon caricatures, and streams live as Bool Ruffell. He cartooned a book when he was about 10yrs , all the kids nicknamed him "Book" and it has stuck with him still. This is a page of the scrapbook I am putting together for his 30th birthday.

Ann: gorgeous 2 page layout of Maya Lin's Ghost Forest. Something we should all think about. Awww what a lovely sight to see through a "Summer Window". Beautiful laid out.

Michele: Stunning Aquamarine layout for your group. Loved seeing your avatar included. And Summer Beach Wear is a perfect layout for the lazy summer days on the beach. Stylish is perfect and so reminiscent of the 40's style. Oh my, Majestic Women is stupendous. Thanks your sharing your progress on it.

Annie: Thank you so much. So much to get caught up on these days, lol.

Shirley: You did a wonderful job on the photo of Charlie and the layout is great. Your grandson is so lucky to have you detail a day in his life. Great layout and I would love to see more about him.

Mary: Thank you so much. It is one of my favorites. Page 9 of your travel challenge turned out so wonderful. Love the addition of the postcard. Page 10 is a great addition to the travel challenge and soon you will have a trove of travel pages to scroll through. What can I say but "wow" on page 11. Awesome job on the clustering and I really like how you are keeping the color theme going through all the pages. Another great page (12) from your travel log. The oval framing of the golden bull really makes it stand out. Page 13 is great. I really liked reading about "Bear" country.

Anne:  Fabulous framing job on the the Hawaiian beach. Never would have noticed the feet if you hadn't said anything :)

Corrie: Pieris is a lovely layout and a beautiful photo. Blurring the image as the background makes the photo spectacular.

Lab 7 Module 3

Lesson 2: metallic element 2

Experiment 3: color/pattern - black

Kit: various from Designs by Helly

Side Note: Grandson's initials are ABC which is why they are on the layout. His uncle use to call him alphabet because of it.

Lab 7 Module 3

Lesson 3: fabric tag

Experiment 2: element - paper blocks

Experiment 4: sketch template -

Kit: Bohemian Bazaar ©Kimeric Kreations

Note: Quote from the "Space Between Us". Grandson was nearly 6' tall by this time. It is areference from the movie. The lead character also could not jump which grandson cannot do either.

Lab 7 Module 3

Lesson 1: multi-design pattern (Cassel's shoes preset)

Experiment 1: title work - onomatopoeia (whoa)

Experiment 5: fun font find - candy store (whoa)

Kit: Heels ©Kathryn Estry

Went from having 3 pair of shoes for the past 20 years to having more than doubled that.

Posted in the facebook group on the 2nd July.

I do love my Tiger Lilies, they don't flower until August, so I had to scroll through last year's flower pics. A very simple LO using adjustment layers, and word art. Weather report update. We have been warned that the temps are meant to peak today, soaring to 42c in some areas. It isn't mid day yet, and already it's 37.3c. It isn't supposed to be as windy as yesterday, so I will be heading to lake shortly. Meanwhile I hope you enjoy the Tiger Lily, and enjoy the rest of your Friday, wherever you may be.

We have 2 species of ground squirrel in Saskatchewan. The Richardson's ground squirrels are commonly known as gophers, but they are not gophers. Gophers have crescent shaped holes that they plug at the top, creating a mound of dirt, while ground squirrels have open burrows that are about 5 inches in diameter. I love this LO, I can select lots of photos out of hundreds and showcase them. I reuse the guides template over and over. No kit 3 tutorial.

Richardson's ground squirrel baby. I used this in a birthday ecard for a friend. From behind the lens of my camera, I like to share with you and others the beauty of Mother Nature. Sparking an interest and hopefully cultivating an optimism to which will open up conservation issues. Documenting the amazing species, to appreciate what is around us. Within this group, you are all nature lovers, and care for the environment.

Another no kit layout. These are quick and easy to do once you've created the template. I could have used another three photos, but only wanted to showcase these two species of insects. The larval emerged from the pond to metamorphosis into this perfect, pristine male Cherry Faced Meadowhawk dragonfly. In a friend's garden. Bee flies, are fuzzy pollinating flies, they average 6-9 mm in length. Far to hot to be out on the water, which means I can spend some time indoors on PSP. Even the insects have gone into hiding from the heat of the sun. Macro photography.

I haven't posted anything on here  since the end  of June. I have, on the other hand posted on the facebook page.  I  did take a bit of  a break, making the most of being outside, even though it's been extremely hot. Scrolling through the very lovely pages posted, I see it's as busy as ever.   Really lovely  work everyone!

Karen - thank you for your comments.  You are really working through the labs.  Great job on both grandson lo's.  I think I am going to end up with 20 pages on the travel challenge and then maybe I can get back to working on the labs.

Sue - really love the tiger lily and your lo.  You are teaching us a lot about ground squirrels as well as flowers.