Travel Tale Challenge 2021

Cassel

2021-TravelTaleChallenge-Preview-400.jpg

First of all, come and say HI if once you register for this challenge.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to challenge us.

Remember that it is NOT a contest. It is a friendly challenge to get you to do something you might not have thought of doing before.

Once the Challenge is started, on June 21st, you can post your pages, and your stories (if it is too small to read, you can always copy and paste the text, if you want).

Remember to resize your image to about 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. If you are using double pages, it might be better to split them in half and post both halves separately, otherwise they will be too small to really see.

Now, pack your bag and grab your ticket. Take off will be soon.

In case you see this post before it is announced elsewhere, congratulations, you are very observant. If you want to register, here is where you can reserve your seat.

I am on holiday at this moment in the English Lakedistrict. I have not taken many photos as so many attractions are still closed or restricted and activities have been cancelled. Today is dull and overcast so not the best for the scenery but will continue to try. The best views seem to be when driving in areas were I cannot stop ,wonder if I can extract some shots from the dash-cam footage ?  Off to try for some more views to photograph !

I'll be here but haven't decided what travel story to tell this time. Here's a map I started showing all my stops through the years; I may even use it for this class. I may have to "fake it" with photos in some cases as my old ones are boxed in the attic in the envelopes from the pharmacy! ;-)

Edit: Did more work on the map but still don't have a trip planned...

I think this is my first TTC and ... as is usual for me ... I will be sourcing travel photos and tales etcetera online. I am a recluse, I don't travel and I don't take photos either but that doesn't mean I can't bring my imagination into play to produce something interesting. I am looking forward to the challenge. ;D

I am here!

Not sure how much I will be able to post tho. We are heading south to Knoxville, TN in a few days for a family memorial service. One night we are staying in an airbnb in VA, with no wi-fi and limited cell service! I will have new photos, unless I forget to charge my battery?

I may have to catch up when we get back.

Linda

After 30+ years we are packing up our house to make a move. OMG, you never know how much you accumulate and how many memories are in a house until you decide to move. It's exhausting. We haven't been traveling since last March because of the virus so if I'm able to make time to do this challenge it will be of past adventures. I'll do my best to participate.

Good Luck to all and have fun.

hi, first time doing this challenge.  I'm still working on the Basic Scrapbooking Course (just started Module 5) and taking a color course so I hope I'm up for this challenge.  This photo is from Banff, Alberta (Canada) from 2015.  You likely wont hear from me on Mon or Tuesday, it's the busy, long days at work (work really gets in the way of fun!).  Looking forward to seeing the pages from everyone.

I decided to do a fantasy trip to somewhere I've always wanted to visit; mostly through the "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" novels. My destination is Botswana, in southern Africa. I did my first page but my PSP has been acting up and now Corel wants me to delete all temp files and download the program all over again. Aargh!

Meanwhile, here is my Botswana and the first book in the series that inspired me.

There is not much to show yet, but this are the contours of two provinces of the Netherlands with the yello spot being the city where we went for a short citytrip in 2018. It is not very far from where we live, approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes; for some of you just around the corner...... We went to Amersfoort, it has an old mediaval citycentre and thanks to very fine weather for november it was a splendid visit.

Once I get north, I have to admit, I don't travel too far.  After coming 1600 miles to get here, I am content to stay around the area as I am here for such a limited time.  That doesn't mean I don't get around favorite haunts though.  So that's what my travel tale will be about.  I grew up in Newport, RI ... and my sister married and stayed there, so I have to get there.  New Hampshire has great shopping ... so that's a given.  Otherwise I am quite content to be right here with my wildlife, the ocean and fishing!  :)  I'll probably hit on all those places.  I am located right beside the red star on the map.  Not in Portland, but Cape Elizabeth ... right at the mouth of the ship channel.  I get all the ships, tankers, cruise lines, fishing boats, tourists, etc. going by.  Today was a most unusual sight out there ... a tug boat hauling a monstrous barge with an enormous ship drydock on it.  If you know how big a drydock is, you can appreciate just what kind of sight that was!  Looking forward to everyone's tales!

Ann, I hope we can travel with you to that fantasy place.

Corrie, it is ok to have "only that" for now. You know how you will probably want to tweak it or add to it with upcoming tutorials!

Minka, looking forward to discover your little part of the world.

Susan, we'll wait for your return!

Lynda and Linda, do what you can. Remember there is no time limit.

Bonnie, better luck this time? Maybe some pickleball travel?

Annie, you always find great photos and afterall, the story you will tell is the important (and pleasant) part!

Monique, since most of us have never been to the Netherlands, it will be a discovery for us.

Sandra, looking forward to see your travel too.

James, I am pretty sure nobody will have travel stories of 2020 or 2021!! If you can extract photos from the dash-cam, it would be great!

Cristina, where will you bring us?

Minka: One of the places I remember going with my parents when I was about 10 or 11 was Bar Harbor, Maine. We took a ride out to sea in a tourist boat and were thrown around with enormous waves that I found very exciting! My parents.. not so much.. they got seasick. We also visited the Desert of Maine. Looking forward to more of your travels; I live just to the left of the "d" in your label for the Hudson River in New York. Save me some lobster rolls-YUM!

Sure enough, Ann, will do.  You ever get to these parts, I will make you one (or two).  :)  Maine is also famous for "Italian Sandwiches".  Don't ask me why ... well, I guess I do know.  The hill in Portland ... well if you don't know, Portland is a giant hill - no matter which way you are going you are either climbing up or zooming down to or from the water.  But anyway, THE HILL (Munjoy Hill) was pretty much established with Italians.  Guess it came from there.  But many people the first things they want when they come here are either a lobster roll, or like me, the first thing I want when I come back is an "Italian".  It's all in the roll.  It's funny ... in all the places I have lived which are many, they are called a variety of different names.  Hero's ... subs ... grinders ...  hoagie's ... etc.  I wonder how many regional ones I don't know?  That might make a good travel tale ... testing all the sandwich shops!  LOL  Good work if you can get it!

It's only about a three hour ride from here to Newport ... if you are going through Boston.  It's a little longer to go around Boston, but that's what I do.  Not much longer, but always a great stop in there to get a drink and snack.  Like I really need it for a three hour run ... but I am not in a big hurry.  Nice to stretch you legs for a minute.  Loads of scenic views and the entire Boston area is full of historical sites.

Sorry to hear of your problems with PSP ... technology has us over a barrel ... I hope it is sorted soon. Meantime I absolutely love what you have done with this Ann, terrific work my friend. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency has been my obsession since Alexander started writing them. I have a kindle so I read them from there. I have read all 21 books and have preordered his 22nd book "The Joy and Light Bus Company". They are truly delightful reading and I just love Precious to bits. There is an innocence to them that you just don't find anymore ... definitely my preferred reading. ;D