Travel Tale Challenge 2021

Cassel

Page 8 - the purple frame is from PS-Marissa Lerrin (it was blue originally), the pasque flower is the state flower and I extracted it from a photo and now have it as an element (png). The mask I made with the eraser tool (don't quite remember how to do it with the paint brush???), the 3 bottom pictures are in masks also but I put the 3 of them on 1 mask (didn't know it but that is how you put a picture through 3 masks) and so I had to shuffle the pictures around so that they didn't overlap each other!  This one has been quite a learning experience about masks.  I decided to put the SD leather tag with this picture.

• 1 month later...

Well, it happened again. Once and a while, when I edit a post, it disappears... Sometimes, it reappears, and then there are two posts if I repost. Anyway, I will write it again.

I am late, but I want to acknowledge all the lovely and creative layouts added to this challenge. Every page is unique and a source of inspiration. Great work, Everyone!

Hi Lynda, I hope that you are feeling better by now! We are missing you here. :)

A few days ago, I finally finished the layout for this challenge. It is a first that took me so long, but many things were going on, and I didn't have much time to work on it.

Credits:

I used Marisa Lerin Day4 layout.

Background paper: PixelScraper 2019Feb blog train from Rush Ranch -"A Walk in the Wild " - "rr_feb19_wildside_solid18"

Edge Trims: Solid Color ---- PixelScrapper - Melo Vrijhof  "ps_melo-vrijhof_162542_textures-painted-paper2-paint-paper-08_cu" ----  HG Designs - "hg-cu-messyheartsoverlay" - and played with the Blend Mode.

Cassel's Tutorials: Crease - Fold - Puzzle - Torn Edge - Flair Button

Fonts: Decomart FF 4F -- Typewriter -- KG Arrows (g)

Cristina you have made a great travel tale!!! So nice to see all those pictures because many years (12 to be precise) we planned to go to Portugal and Lissabon, everything was booked and 2 days before departure my husband became very ill and I had to cancel everything. Since then he cann't travel anymore, so we never made that trip. Nowadays I travel on my own but somehow never made that trip.

Dear Corrie, thank you so much for your kind comment! It is very much appreciated. <3

Sorry to hear about your husband getting ill before the trip and that he cannot travel anymore. As my mother-in-law always tells us: "Enjoy while you can"...We are well aware that life can change in a split of a second.

Last year, we were planning to go back and get to know the North, Porto, and surroundings, but that was not possible, of course. And although both of us are fully vaccinated, I don't feel comfortable yet traveling.

Portugal has become a tourist destination, and one can see/hear tourists from all over. In the South, Algarve, the British are the majority since ever. At the hotels, living there during winter, having their local places to eat, and even free newspapers at bigger supermarkets... But you also see many motor homes from France, Netherlands, etc...

Maybe one day you can plan a trip there, as it's also not far from where you live. :)

Thanks, Cristina, much appreciated. Love your pages. Don't know how you keep track of all the things you use to create them.

Mary, South Dakota, a great place to visit. Love your Corn Palace photos. They actually change the murals on it every year. Pretty impressive!

Again, everyone is doing a great job.

We are in the process of selling our home and it's pretty unnerving. We have to pack ourselves up and our very old dog and get out while there are people are looking at the house. Still don't really know why but it is what it is. Cuts into my creativity. I don't like it one bit!

Keep the projects flowing. I love seeing what everyone comes up with. :-)

This photo is for Mary. Corn Palace from 2016- 2017 and they were working on it at the time I took this photo. Thought you might find it interesting.