What are you working on (in April 2021)?

Cassel

Michele, the Scattered script is meant as a starting point. The simple fact that it will take all the images from a folder, resize them, add borders (if you want), randomize their placement and the rotation (if you want) is already a time-saver. Afterward, you can obviously rearrange them since the script is pretty stupid when it comes to a "nice arrangement"!

This layout is from Lab 5 Module 11 - using the template given at the end of the pdf.  I changed my mind so much I'm not sure I remember where I got the papers, the stickers with the greenery and heart are from April Umbrella Weather kit, the frame for the picture is a paper from Helpful from Rush Ranch.  I recolored all the papers except the frame to match colors in the picture.  I played with making the picture deeper in the frame with Inner Bevel and the paper frame to look deep with Chisel.

I, too, bought heaps of scripts, Annie.  In fact I went up both on the 22nd and the 23rd.  Started to play last night, but had to quit.  Learned a bit about playing with gradients, though.  I'm working through the labs also.  Really didn't like the template, thought I did learn how to cut out circles from different papers (what I originally put behind the 2 top papers (Lab5 Mod11-d).  I played around with inner bevel and chisel for the frame and picture - that was interesting and my real learning from that lab.  The picture I chose I thought didn't work well on that template, so I modified it and this is what I came up with.

I've had a couple of busy days.  First chance to come here this morning to see so many wonderful pages. I can't believe how busy the campus has been.   I too shopped in the store  I have bought so many  goodies to put to good use, and save time in the process. Great works of art ladies and gentlemen.  So inspirational for all of us.

Working with double width pages in the Double Take Challenge, I pulled out a "template" (really a sketch, there are no layers) from last year's Travel Time Challenge and rounded up the latest photos of my "Great Grands" I have several baby kits to choose from.

Carole (and Ann), I haven't been able to access my supplies since my old laptop died. I have been hesitating to ask you to renew the download links because I've purchased a lot from you through the years. That's one reason I didn't use the Scattered Photos script. The other  reason is the project really developed organically; I had no idea what I was planning until it happened which is my usual modus operandi. LOL.

Thanks for the kind words, Annie.

Mary, the color palette you used is great; it goes beautifully with the pic. If you hadn't mentioned that you got the papers from somewhere I would have thought you picked the colors from it.

Ann, I don't think it's fair that you have three grands and I don't have any. Are you willing to share? It's a wonderful l/o.

I haven't been here in a while, busy with the Double Take Challenge, but there is so much going on. Way to much to comment on each one. It was a pleasure to see it all. I too have bought al lot of things from Carole's birthday sale and have yet to learn to use them all. All in good time!

Michele, I know what a misery it is when your computer dies on you. I'm only just recovering from that same experience a couple of weeks ago. And it is a hell of a job to get everything working again just as you like it. I'm almost there now. So good luck and patience.

I've spent a day figuring out how to color the ribbon pattern without having to color the whole thing stroke by stroke.  The pattern is a repeated pattern - just about an inch and a half repeated.  So, I took out just that and created a new image with it.  Copied that image and colored it, saved it as a pattern, opened a new image 3600 x 300 and flood filled it with my pattern.

I pulled out the April color palette to play with and turned it into this swirly background paper using various tweaks. I had the photo of the birds which I think are super cute so I added a frame that looks like looking through a lens. A little journaling about the birds and two of Corel's spring overlays. Then I played with Cassel's tutorial on text on a path. After several false starts I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! ;-)

I agree, Ann - really neat.  Love playing, but it takes time.

I played around with making patterns for ribbons again and came up with a pattern I used for this ribbon.  I used the tutorial to create a scalloped ribbon in Lab5 Mod11 and make a scalloped top also.

The US Open was last week. It claims to be the biggest pickleball party in the world. The subject of this layout is the winners of the pro women's doubles gold medal. Their win is something of an upset as they defeated 2 of the top female players in the world. While we love and support all our players, this has caused some excitement in the pickleball world. The Open is located in Naples, FL...thus the template.

None of these photos are mine...they were snagged off the web.

I found this photo by Roger Pare and story by Judy Lampe Shelledy on The Hudson Valley in Pictures on Facebook. I created the background from a photo by Jennifer O'Shea last winter that had a lot of sky and I enlarged it so I could get a 3600px paper from it. I did a mask for the eaglet but it ended up obsured with the round frame that I created using the selection tool and then applying the chisel and buttonize. The pale bottom paper I used Cassel's burned edges script and the label was in my stash of elements along with the sun and the trees. The title font is Curlz.

I have not done a lot of scraping lately but I have created a few thing for my Osprey Nest chat.  Audubon Osprey Nest

Hog Island, Bremen, Maine, USA    The Osprey part was a screenshot from that sight.  I used the free photo frame that was for Mothers Day and changed the colors because it is a male Osprey.  I then added another frame around it just because I thought it looked better that way but that was after I resized it for here.

It's already morning somewhere in the world. Good morning ladies and gentlemen! There's a masterclass this weekend on effects. Art media. I use a lot of these tools to create papers, and frames. In this frame I used Charcoal, and fur. I can set my watch as to the time the ground squirrels get up and out in the morning. Here's one of them emerging , to start it's day, as they are only active during the day. Carole's knotted ribbon script, confetti script and corner punch. I created the sun and word art. Have a good day everyone, no matter what you'll be doing.

Finally got round to playing with some of the goodies I purchased in Carole's sale. Twisted knot, heart tubes, ribbon factory, and custom brad. I framed the ground squirrel, created a colour palette from the photo, twisted vine around the knotted ribbon, threaded the hearts through holes I created, and the tag I made, scalloped the green paper.