What are you working on (in April 2021)?

Cassel

Finally finished Lab 5 Module 11. Made the chevron paper, the eyelet ribbons (eyelet at top is from Lab 5 1st module), used a gradient for the chevron paper (made several colors of chevron papers), fishies are from PSP picture tube, segoe script is the narratgive, the arrow is from a scrapbook kit (sorry I don't remember which one) but I colored it black.

LOL! Well aren't we all different ... and, that delivers inspiration. I love The Belt Story ... quirky and right up my alley Michele. Solid Satin is lovely. Advice? ... not from me, just don't knock yourself honeybun cos I think you do very well. Hugs ... Annie T

Sue: As expected your bird pages fabulous. Wonderful weaving of the rope on the Meadowlark layout. Your ground squirrel layout is really nice. I really like how you also intertwined with the rope on the frame.

Lynda: Thanks so much. Zoe was thrilled to have gotten the book, but then she and her friends spent hours to try and find the spider on each page, LOL. Wow, your overlay pictures are stunning. I am stunned with your Days of Remembrance layout. This should be placed in every school in the nation. You did fabulously.

Annie: Great Kookaburra layout. The colors are spot on and, of course, the blending perfect too. I really like the touch of color that the flowers pull in at the bottom. Lat 11 Mod 3 was a perfect fit for the colorful rainbow bee-eater pics. It is all so cheery. Loving those cutouts. Got a chuckle out the names you picked...an unholy mess and a holy mess. They look great.

Michele: Awesome Athletes is fantastic. Using a motion blur on the background is a great idea.

Ann: What sweet pictures using the spring frame. And while you are attending their wedding on the 11th; we will be driving up to attend our granddaughter's wedding on the 12th :) Nicely done Zoo page. Using a more neutral background and elements (except the parrot) really makes the pictures stand out.

Minka: Welcome back girl. Glad to see you and your awesome work. Loved reading about your garden escapades. I tried tomatoes one year. DH even built me a "greenhouse" to keep the caties out; they still found a way in and I never got any. My sister on the other has beautiful gardens at her place (but I can't seem to get her to grow tomatoes).

Mary: Your two cards are delightful. The Christmas rose photo is stunning and the birthday card is happy and vibrant.

Laurie: You and my sister would get along famously. Your layout reminds me of her and it is just perfect for this spring weather.

If I have not included you on the list, please don't despair, I was running out of things to say. And everyone has done such great work. Thank you all for your inspiration. Had to work all day and am not use to it, lol.

Well it was a really interesting webinar yesterday.  I loved how Carole showed us a couple of different ways to work with templates.  These are examples using templates from Pixel Scrappers.  No.1 is a layered template which made it really easy to colourize.  I used the same colour palette for each project.  Whilst I would have loved to use the select all process and the flood flood fill tool PSP2021 would not comply so I had to lock transparency and use the brush tool.  No.2 and No.3 were achieved using a template which was not layered and the magic wand came into play.  Promoting each colour to a layer and thereby creating a layered template to use for any project.  This is probably going to come across pretty garbled but for those who attended understanding will surface beyond my cryptic mumblings.  It was a 'you beaut' webinar my friends and I am about to go and play some more!  ;D

Beautiful earth tone colours you used Annie. I agree it was a very interesting webinar. I did learn one useful tip, and that was to hold down the control key with the flood fill tool selected to change a colour instead of changing to the dropper tool.  All the techniques demonstrated  can be used in so many other  ways, not just colouring templates and elements.

Thanks dear Sue. I agree about the ctrl flood fill trick ... new to me. 2021 will not let me do the ctrl all and then flood fill ... go figure. I am looking forward to upgrading to the new version when it is out. Hopefully a lot of the glitches will be ironed out. :D

This is a different form of overlay using the Filter Eliminate Black/White.  I'm including the color palette that I used and the overlay template.  It is interesting to play around and see how each can turn out using a change of blend modes and opacity.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Annie, I am a bit puzzled why your system does not like the Select all.  Here are a couple of questions to try troubleshooting this issue:

are you getting the same result when you use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-A) or the long way Selection > Select all?

when you are trying this, what tool is active? I found that when a vector tool is active, the "marching ants" don't display

Hi, I enjoyed  the creativity of the webinar on Cassel's 'Using Element Templates' and have practiced colourising by using a single layer template kindly made available by Marisa Lerin of Pixelscrapper. The template number (207817 paper template kit 214).

I used a typical set of colour combinations of my favourite textile designer, Kaffe Fassett to make my own colour palette. I then added the green background to make the image zing!

For the 'Select All' command I was finding that I had to remember to 'Ctrl A' at the end of the colourising process, before filling the image with the selected colour, otherwise it just filled one of the elements only from the current selection.

Thank you Carole for the tuition.

I have already commented in the campus, saying what an interesting webinar it was on Sunday. I had previously framed the photo, it was waiting in the pending file to be showcased. I did learn that I didn't have to change to the dropper tool, in order to change the colours. I found the elements, and the papers on pixel scrapper, found a site of colour palettes, which gave the hex codes and RGB's. Something I never use.  I duplicated the ribbon, flood filled and used a blend mode. I did the same for the leaf. I used the hue sat lightness on the frame tag. The techniques Carole used in the webinar, I use  in many of my pages. For those that have been experiencing problems flood filling, may I suggest that  you close any  flood filled layers, in fact close all the layers except the one that you are working with.  It may  help with your issue.  I haven't experienced that problem myself.

Sue, that is a gorgeous scene (fall is one of my favorite seasons - I guess because of the vibrant colors - even the sky is a vibrant blue).  The layout is perfect for it and I like the red on the tag .  Evidently you used what you learned from the webinar on the background paper???  I finally learned that you had to close all the layers above the one you want to flood fill!