What are you working on (in September 2024)?

Cassel

14 hours ago, Cristina said:

Belated Happy Birthday, Bonnie!💟  What better way to commemorate it than with true friends?!

There's a saying, "In good times, your friends get to know who you are.  In bad times, you know who are your friends."

Lovely layout to remember this day!

Thank you, Cristina. Thank you for the quote. I see its use in another layout!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Cristina said:

I like the layout very much.   Mad Max is very persistent, Julie;  he doesn't take NO for an answer! 😄 

I got to know Katie Pertiet some time ago through Pinterest's suggestions; I like her style.

Last week, I even purchased a template #KPertiet_FramedSpillLayersNo3 ---, which I haven't had the opportunity to use yet, as I have been working on a multi-photo layout for the last trip.

I had not heard of Katie Pertiet before.  Her stuff is gorgeous!  thanks for the mention Julie and Cristina

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Thank you, Corrie. I celebrate all month and sometimes longer. You are not late. You're helping to extend the celebration!

Happy Birthday, Bonnie, and welcome to the Excellent Eighties Club! I, too, celebrate the whole month of February, as birthdays were always super special in my family. 

• Like 3

This layout is from the trip we did in August, the first stop. This city has many places to visit, but we only stayed there for two nights, so there are plenty of things to see if we ever go back.

Credits:

• Template by Scrapping with Liz SwL_SimplePhotosandWavesTemplate1
  • Paper – Lilypad – Mommyish - JustJaimee-jj-CU-GessoTextures-1

Cassel’s Tutorials:

Fonts: Evertone one /  Bowlby One SC  / Dessert Menu Sans

#SwL_SimplePhotosandWavesTemplate1_300.jpg

.34Snapshots of Potsdam 2024F.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

Hello everyone,🖐️

now the hot, humid summer is over in Germany and I can sit back at the PC and relax. It was really a stressful time for us health-wise. But now things should get going again.

I'm currently working on two private birthday cards and am practicing an online AI generator. Here is my latest scrap of it. I'm slowly running out of private photos that I can show publicly.

@ Carol
I'm really unhappy with the PSP 2023, would it be possible to exchange the program for an earlier version at Corel? I really want to be able to use the filters I've collected.

Or is Corel planning to do an update? You're connected to the company and maybe you know more about it?

large.DS-GloriousAutumn_0924.jpg.d2af88aef57c277887069673d6ba2789.jpg

• Love 7

the next lab 13 module calls for learning to do fringe papers.  Not sure what I will do with it, but I thought that Olaf (from Frozen) wanted to experience summer. My daughter got me a little stuffed Olaf with a hula skirt (since he wanted to experience summer). I thought that maybe I could use the tut for fringe to make a hula skirt for him. So I made an Olaf. This is my Olaf waiting for his hula skirt. I made the eyes in a previous lab. the toothy grin is mine as are the square buttons. the arms and carrot nose are from Pixel Scrapper - Jessica Dunn.

MLS-Olaf.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Hello everyone,🖐️

now the hot, humid summer is over in Germany and I can sit back at the PC and relax. It was really a stressful time for us health-wise. But now things should get going again.

I'm currently working on two private birthday cards and am practicing an online AI generator. Here is my latest scrap of it. I'm slowly running out of private photos that I can show publicly.

@ Carol
I'm really unhappy with the PSP 2023, would it be possible to exchange the program for an earlier version at Corel? I really want to be able to use the filters I've collected.

Or is Corel planning to do an update? You're connected to the company and maybe you know more about it?

large.DS-GloriousAutumn_0924.jpg.d2af88aef57c277887069673d6ba2789.jpg

Lovely work...like a sunny fall:)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

I downloaded the latest Corel Freebie but really had a problem finding places that illustrate Fall. The colors are not coming in well this year. This is the best I could find...

Hello Fall_600.jpg

Corel's cards are excellant IMHO but I would wait a moment for a real fall;)

• Like 2

On 9/26/2024 at 8:24 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Unfortunately, the pattern this year is for the leaves to turn brown and fall off the trees without the usual color display. :classic_sad:

You're quite right, Ann, about the lack of colour this autumn. Maybe it's still a bit early (here) but I still expect to see more vibrancy. And leaves are just dropping without changing. We usually have a lovely display by mid-October.

I think it is a truth universally accepted (to use a phrase from Jane Austen) that we tend not to notice the special places around us. I lived in Toronto for many years and, after visiting all the "hot spots" and special places, I didn't really pay much more attention to them unless I took visiting friends around.

The same where I've been living for the last 12 years (southwestern Ontario). Because I grew up down here, I often disregard that we have have nifty places to explore and visit.

One example is Point Pelee National Park, the most southerly and ecologically diverse park in Canada, jutting into Lake Erie. It is well-known, especially by birders who travel to it from places far away each May for the Festival of Birds. Over those weeks, more than 100 species of birds stop there on their northern migrations. I've been a couple of times, and it is quite the adventure.

On the map, Pelee is the long tapering point down at the bottom of Essex County. It's a skinny peninsula that just fades away in sand. If you take a ferry (from Leamington) for about 90 minutes,you can visit Pelee Island which is quite outstanding as well. These are the most southern parts of Canada and have different climatic conditions than elsewhere which allows for many different species to flourish. (On the map, my town - Belle River - is on the other lake to the north (Lake St. Clair). About a 40 minute drive to the park for me.

Photos from online in frames from my stash; Cass-Word Frame; fonts....?

Pt Pelee layout_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Love 1