What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

38 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Hey Missy, you've got me curious now about the Change to Target Brush....? Is that in a Lab?

Beautiful and different colour choices. Making cards for friends/relatives is so much fun. But I doubt if anyone ever prints them.

Yeah, I also love that tool. Just select the object that needs a color change. Open target shaped tool and use it as a brush to apply a different color. I don't even always select if the object is isolated. Play with it as it reacts to the original color in odd ways, sometimes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

At someone's house yesterday, I noticed a cute cat on a postcard stuck to the fridge. His name is 'Dewey Readmore Books', and then the story of his life came out. It's a wonderful, heartwarming story of a rescue kitten in a small town in Iowa who gained far-flung fame. I looked him up to get some pix. Dewey is gone now 😢 but the librarian who saved him has another she calls Page.

The background is mine with brushwork. The rest of it is straightforward with photos from online.

Dewey the libtary cat_600.jpg

I read the book and loved it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

At someone's house yesterday, I noticed a cute cat on a postcard stuck to the fridge. His name is 'Dewey Readmore Books', and then the story of his life came out. It's a wonderful, heartwarming story of a rescue kitten in a small town in Iowa who gained far-flung fame. I looked him up to get some pix. Dewey is gone now 😢 but the librarian who saved him has another she calls Page.

The background is mine with brushwork. The rest of it is straightforward with photos from online.

Dewey the libtary cat_600.jpg

Julie, I love the cat's name! Your lovely layout faithfully tells this touching story.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Hey Missy, you've got me curious now about the Change to Target Brush....? Is that in a Lab?

Here's an article in the Campus explaining how to use the Change to Target brush. It comes in very handy when trying to match elements/papers to a desired color scheme.
https://scrapbookcampus.com/2020/09/changing-colors-in-paintshop-pro/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lab 13 Mod 4: flower vines (pink one behind the 3 photos, purple one and yellow one behind the Easter eggs); Easter eggs (3 in the picture of the 6 I made); Easter chick. The font is LaBambaLET; the background picture behind the 3 photos is an AI I created with CF's Spark some time ago. The 2 background papers are mine created from labs. The title is inner beveled and shadowed.  Shadows are the ones I have been using which I put in presets - learned mostly from Cassel.

Lab 13 Mod 4_600.jpg

• Love 7

I always have a tough time making cards for men. This year I took my inspiration from my friend Dan's profile pic. I thought he was looking rather dapper. 
The vintage gentleman was shared in one of my PSP groups on FB. The hexagons and brad are by melo-vrijhof from Pixel Scrapper/Digital Scrapbook. The text is Dogma and I applied cass's Dimension script to it. I also used that script for the frame around Dan.

large.HappyBirthdayDanSweeney2024600.jpg.a5aceac2897ea44a4c7655695815b2b3.jpg

• Love 7

On 8/21/2024 at 1:47 AM, Cristina said:

Julie, I love the cat's name! Your lovely layout faithfully tells this touching story.

I lived in Spencer Iowa for a couple of my late middle school years and spent alot of time at the town's library.

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I always have a tough time making cards for men. This year I took my inspiration from my friend Dan's profile pic. I thought he was looking rather dapper. 
The vintage gentleman was shared in one of my PSP groups on FB. The hexagons and brad are by melo-vrijhof from Pixel Scrapper/Digital Scrapbook. The text is Dogma and I applied cass's Dimension script to it. I also used that script for the frame around Dan.

I don't wear hats but sure love looking at them.  I did go to one of those vintage village museums and there was a milliner display of hats.  Such intricate art.  I love that touch with the hexagons on your card.  Dan truly is dapper.   fun fact: when looking up what these towns are called I found out the one near me (Fort Edmonton Park) is the largest in Canada, by area.  Who knew.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 13 Mod 4: flower vines (pink one behind the 3 photos, purple one and yellow one behind the Easter eggs); Easter eggs (3 in the picture of the 6 I made); Easter chick. The font is LaBambaLET; the background picture behind the 3 photos is an AI I created with CF's Spark some time ago. The 2 background papers are mine created from labs. The title is inner beveled and shadowed.  Shadows are the ones I have been using which I put in presets - learned mostly from Cassel.

Lab 13 Mod 4_600.jpg

Really sweet Mary.  The two background papers are really nice, especially the scalloped one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

Wow Michele, lovely for a gentleman! I have the same "problem" in designing a card for the men in my life, it just takes more thinking in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Michele said:

Dapper Dan, that works great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I don't wear hats but sure love looking at them.  I did go to one of those vintage village museums and there was a milliner display of hats.  Such intricate art.  I love that touch with the hexagons on your card.  Dan truly is dapper.   fun fact: when looking up what these towns are called I found out the one near me (Fort Edmonton Park) is the largest in Canada, by area.  Who knew.  

I wear hats, but not fashionable ones. Always cover my head/face in the summer and even in winter

• Like 2

In addition to learning to make a knotted rope, Lab 14, I have been working on a birthday card for my grandson, Thomas. The card is very busy, but I wanted to include most of his activities. The background is an orange pattern (very faint) from FF. I chose orange because he has become an orange belt in TaeKwanDo. The title font is TaeKwanDo from Creative Fabrica. Most of the graphics are from Canva. I guess you could say that I "cardlifted" from my Hallmark Card program, but changed the graphics to accommodate the age 9 and Thomas' particular interests. The inside of the card has lettering from several sources including Canva and some text effects from Photoshop. The pattern and the puzzle for the heart were created using scripts from cass.

dsfrontbdThomas600.jpg

dsbdThomas600.jpg

• Love 5

My last Hurrah before the trip! I liked the April 2024 sketch challenge and used it for this layout. The background is a duplicate of the largest picture. I liked the progression from the largest to the smallest and thought of these pictures that Joe and Laurie took on their trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone this summer.

2024April Sketch Challenge_600.jpg

• Love 5

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

My last Hurrah before the trip! I liked the April 2024 sketch challenge and used it for this layout. The background is a duplicate of the largest picture. I liked the progression from the largest to the smallest and thought of these pictures that Joe and Laurie took on their trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone this summer.

2024April Sketch Challenge_600.jpg

Nice use of that sketch! The photos are the star of the layout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1