Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

25 minutes ago, Minka Glasier said:

First one just using just what was given and a drone shot of my neighborhood.  I've just returned for the summer - early - and wow, it's still chilly here!

The second one I played a little more and made my graphics and tube in ai ... then wanted to try Carole's duplicate text shading trick.  Yes - nice.

Always something to learn.

Welcome Home.jpg

Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me 600.jpg

Nice, Minka and it's so nice to see you here!

• Like 4

I just love flowers and flower photography plus I have a niece's birthday coming up so the ideal subject. I changed the canvas to 1500 x1500. Used a Random Noise Effect to the scallop paper. The texture effect, 'Blind' on the strip is bold at 100%. The round element is 'happiness is homemade' by Marissa Lerin form Digital scrapbooking.com. The font I have used is also from Creative Fabrica called 'Babylone'

Card1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 15

I used the extra one from Day 1. The moon photo is mine the font is Love-Stars-29963770 which is one of the $1 downloads this week on Creative Fabrica. I also used the Cass fireworks picture tube.

My card ws day 1 X.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 9

Lesson 1 - Kept mine simple. Wanted to use cool tones b/c it's so stinkin' hot here the last couple of days! The image is from somewhere online, years ago. Originally in pink. Text on path with clipart of bell, ET Designs (I think).

SBC Greeting Card 1-2024_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 12

3 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

I used the extra one from Day 1. The moon photo is mine the font is Love-Stars-29963770 which is one of the $1 downloads this week on Creative Fabrica. I also used the Cass fireworks picture tube.

My card ws day 1 X.jpg

Honeymoon....firewooks? Isn't that what they use in the movies for - ahem - the honeymoon night? 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sheila Hogg said:

My first one done and I used an image from the many freebies I have saved from Creative Fabrica. I used a font called Precious but the creator is unknown.

CardWorkshop-Card1-Resize-SGH-20-05-2024.jpg

Nice glitter border on the scalloped edge!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Aminah is the third addition to our family this year, preceded by her cousins Felix and Ansley. 

The font is Romland from Creative Fabrica. The ribbon was created using Cassel's Glitters-C script and is adorned with an emerald, the birthstone for May, from cleanPNG.com.

GNL-GreetingCard-01-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 12

Lesson 1 (extra template)

Since today is a holiday (Victoria Day, in most of Canada) I thought it fitting to do something for it. It tends to be more usually called May Two-Four and is celebrated with fireworks, barbecues, boating, cottages, beer and more beer. Even if the date is not May 24, it still gets that name.

Image of Queen V, the flag, and the fireworks from online.

SBC Greeting Card 1 extra 2024_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Gerry Landreth said:

Aminah is the third addition to our family this year, preceded by her cousins Felix and Ansley. 

The font is Romland from Creative Fabrica. The ribbon was created using Cassel's Glitters-C script and is adorned with an emerald, the birthstone for May, from cleanPNG.com.

GNL-GreetingCard-01-600.jpg

How sweet is that?

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

Honeymoon....firewooks? Isn't that what they use in the movies for - ahem - the honeymoon night? 🙃

Isn't that what the honeymoon is all about?  I really didn't think about the fireworks meaning that in the movies though.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, carol Woudema said:

Getting in some refresher lesson's again been a long time since I really used it  We have a new great grand baby coming in Aug.

CardWorkshop-Card1.jpg

Congratulations on a great-grand! Pretty layout for her,

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I am impressed to see so many different cards posted.

@Petra Nuijten I am sure a friend would LOVE to receive that card.

@Bonnie Borntrager I see that you resized the template. May I suggest that you CROP it instead of using the resize command? That way, the scallops and the circle wouldn't be stretched/squished and you could still have the same shapes. Good start.

@Dee347 That is a cool idea for sharing your skills and creativity, and that card is lovely!

@Corrie Kinkel If you had not said what template you used, I might have thought you tweaked the original one! I guess you like scallops!

@Sue Thomas An invitation is definitely an alternate way to use those templates. So many ways one single template can be used! Looking forward to all the other ones.

@Minka Glasier Nice cards! You might consider making the shadows a little more prominent when the colors are darker.

@fiona cook I am glad to see that you cropped the template instead of resizing it. It allowed you to keep the scallops intact.

@Sharla It is never too early to start on Christmas cards! Did the photo and the clipart come together or did you make the montage?

@Anne Lamp That is such a cool font. Thanks for the information about it.

@Julie Magerka Such a delicate card! Again, never too early to start on Christmas cards. For Victoria Day, I have never heard it called the May 2-4 day (and I am Canadian). That is interesting.

@Sheila Hogg That glitter edge is lovely!

@carol Woudema GReat card!! I would suggest looking at your shadowing to make sure they are consistent. The shadow on the flower is in a different direction than the one on the ribbon, and the scallops could use some too.

@Gerry Landreth Awe, we will never see too many of those baby photos!

@Louyse ToupinIs that birthday card for a specific person?

Keep them coming. As you can see, greeting cards are much faster to complete than full scrapbook pages! Looking forward to the next ones.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here is my first greeting card, a birthday card for my great granddaughter, Magic. Her 4th birthday is June 4. It appears I have 4 more birthdays coming up in June so this workshop will come in handy! The birthday coin is from Cassel.

GREETING CARD WORKSHOP-EXTRA01- MAGIC 06-04_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here is my first greeting card, a birthday card for my great granddaughter, Magic. Her 4th birthday is June 4. It appears I have 4 more birthdays coming up in June so this workshop will come in handy! The birthday coin is from Cassel.

GREETING CARD WORKSHOP-EXTRA01- MAGIC 06-04_600.jpg

What a gorgeous little girl...I have a great granddaughter who looks very much like this one and she is now 3 but 4 in February...love the card Ann.

• Like 2
  • Love 1