Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

CardWorkshop-600.jpg

This workshop will illustrate 7 ways to create greeting cards for any occasion you want.

It was offered for the first time, in 2022, and this is the second time only.

The workshop will start on May 20th.

Register here

Who will join us?

Well I am in too, hopefully I will have time enough to follow along. I want to make a photo album about my visit to California too but if I don’t take on other things at the same time it will be doable. It will be nice to get into scrapping again which I missed during my  “holiday“ .

• Like 1

• Cassel pinned this topic
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 2:44 AM, Ann Seeber said:

I'll be here with bells on! 😉

Whoaaaa Ann, it's gonna be "that" kind of party is it?  Well then, let me get my bells shined up!

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I am in. This is the #1 thing I use PSP for and I am looking forward to seeing some alternative ways of doing things so that I can work faster. My new home has finally arrived and packing is getting down to the nitty gritty so I probably will only complete one card, but I am interested in all the techniques. I am also interested in making my own envelopes, possibly with the help of a silhouette (just got one but will not set it up until I have my new office/craft room).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cindy Sheets said:

I am in. This is the #1 thing I use PSP for and I am looking forward to seeing some alternative ways of doing things so that I can work faster. My new home has finally arrived and packing is getting down to the nitty gritty so I probably will only complete one card, but I am interested in all the techniques. I am also interested in making my own envelopes, possibly with the help of a silhouette (just got one but will not set it up until I have my new office/craft room).

Looking forward to having you around, Cindy!

• Like 1

I have registered too. I have been out and about lately so not been too active with PSP. I hope I can stick to the daily workshop and be able to contribute. Looking forward to it and sharing ideas as ever.

• Like 1

I was wishi washi on signing up for this one because I have not been doing a lot of PSP lately, but finally decided I had nothing to loose so I just signed up today.  I always learn something new or am reminded about something I forgot how to do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's the card I made for the workshop.  I used a image from Creative Fabrica.  Added texture to the scalloped panel and a drop shadow.  Added a ribbon and tag from Craftsuprint.com

(I make cards for the Cards For Hospitalized Kids Charity.  The kids range in age from 2 to 18 so I think this will work for the older girls.  Hopefully it will brighten their day.)

Card 1 Small.jpg

Edited by Dee347
  • Like 3
  • WOW 1
  • Love 17

Card # 1

I used the extra template for 2024 and I changed the landscape format to portrait format to accommodate the photo I wanted to use. I'm very happy with the new extra templates for diamond members, because I have used the ones from the first workshop over and over again. That's not a problem as such but new templates give new ideas! As soon as I had taken this photo, I thought of a friend who loves purple very much and her birthday is coming up next month. I used a ribbon that I have made earlier and recolored it with hue, saturation, lightness. the flowers at the bottom are a sticker and the font is itsadzoke S01 and I think it came from a lab. The name of the flower is Echium candidans - Snakeweed

CardWorkshop-Card1-Extra2024-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 15

18 minutes ago, Dee347 said:

Here's the card I made for the workshop.  I used a image from Creative Fabrica.  Added texture to the scalloped panel and a drop shadow.  Added a ribbon and tag from Craftsuprint.com

(I make cards for the Cards For Hospitalized Kids Charity.  The kids range in age from 2 to 18 so I think this will work for the older girls.  Hopefully it will brighten their day.)

Card 1 Small.jpg

Nice card and a very nice charity to make cards for!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Card # 1

I used the extra template for 2024 and I changed the landscape format to portrait format to accommodate the photo I wanted to use. I'm very happy with the new extra templates for diamond members, because I have used the ones from the first workshop over and over again. That's not a problem as such but new templates give new ideas! As soon as I had taken this photo, I thought of a friend who loves purple very much and her birthday is coming up next month. I used a ribbon that I have made earlier and recolored it with hue, saturation, lightness. the flowers at the bottom are a sticker and the font is itsadzoke S01 and I think it came from a lab. The name of the flower is Echium candidans - Snakeweed

CardWorkshop-Card1-Extra2024-600.jpg

You and I are quite  predictable with our choice of topics.  You with your flora and fauna and  myself, birds and other  creatures to showcase our photos.  Great first page, love the colours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This time I'm taking a slightly different approach, instead of the usual greeing cards I have decided to  go with Invitations.  Primarily birds and mammal invitations.  The recipients of the invitation,  will get a nice  surprise when they open the card.  You will have to wait until the last day to find out what it is.  These cards can be randomly placed into nature magazines, picked up at conservation offices, or just  posted to  memebrs of  a particular nature organisation.  

One of three pairs of Tree Swallows, that are nesting  in boxes fixed to the horses fence posts.  This one is a handsome mature male, guarding his family.

I created the token, and used  one of Carole's paper punches and  edge punches

Day 1.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 6
  • Love 17

First one just using just what was given and a drone shot of my neighborhood.  I've just returned for the summer - early - and wow, it's still chilly here!

The second one I played a little more and made my graphics and tube in ai ... then wanted to try Carole's duplicate text shading trick.  Yes - nice.

Always something to learn.

Welcome Home.jpg

Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me 600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 12