What are you working on (in May 2024)?

Cassel

5 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Here is a single one I really liked. I found that if I put the orbits at 0 and the scale factor almost all the way down in the negative range, I would have a chance of something like the rose showing up looking like the rose.

white rose square k 1 b     6.jpg

That is really cool Anne.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I promised my granddaughter that I would make here a layout when I had overcome the jetlag and this is what I made for her. She loves plants, especially cacti and succulents, and she has quite a collection of them as mini plants. Besides that, green is her favorite color. I used the mask from Jessica Dunn for the May mask challenge on digital scrapbook and the papers (with blendmodes) and elements from cpjess Meadow bundle which I recently bought and some plant tubes. In the mean time I have transferred and ordered all my recent photos, so now I can start making a couple of layouts as intro pages for the photo album I'm going to make. Slowly I'm getting back into scrapping, it always takes some time to readjust to my normal routine at home.

Cactus-Lisanne-600.jpg

Corrie, I love the layout and the collection. Just wondering, did your granddaughter mention how often to water a cactus? I've not had good luck with them...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Nothing fancy...using Carole's Multi-Frame Collage:

large.20121011Utahcass-MultiFramesCollage1-Sample600.jpg.45d15f2ff5552a58f4c2694b419c9118.jpg

My friend and basketball teammate, Pat and her husband, Frank in 2012. We often played a tournament in St. George, Utah and Pat had built a home there. One year I was invited to stay in her home. We went hiking after the basketball tournament and that's when these photos were taken.  Sadly, Frank has passed away. However, Pat is doing well. I think she sold the house. 

Nice, Bonnie! Did you create the Utah wordart? You didn't mention it...

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 4:15 PM, Rene Marker said:

You don't have to make a selection to use the inner bevel. As long as the frame is on its on layer, you just go to Affects/3D Affects/Inner Bevel.

I went back and had another go at the bevel and reset to default settings and it worked. Not sure what I had it on before but thank you for the suggestion Rene. I think you are right. It gives more of a realistic 3D effect.

IronRingBevel_ship.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Nice, Bonnie! Did you create the Utah wordart? You didn't mention it...

I did forget, Ann. The outling and text are 2 files created by AnnieCDigital designs. She also has some great templates. Creative Fabrica has some of her work but not her templates.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 12:55 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Fiona, this is fabulous.  that corrugated wall photo is STUNNING! 

Thanks Susan for the encouragement. Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 11:48 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Many of the native sparrow species have already arrived.  Much to my delight the White -crowned Sparrows turned up  yesterday.  I was pleased to welcome them back.  A perfect opportunity to  create a banner after watching the live masterclass on Sunday.   The sparrows of the open field will stay, those like the White crowned will  move on further north.  

I used a gradient which I created  for the pennants using colours from the photo,  and the light coloured  wood frame

Sparrow White crowned.jpg

I lIke the use of the bunting from the masterclass recently. Fits the bill. ha ha!

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2024 at 4:20 AM, Rene Marker said:

Several of my neighbors got photos last night in west central Ohio of them. All I saw with the naked eye was a slight pink glow. They were saying that we could see them again tonight and I've been out every 30 to 40 minutes taking photos but no luck.  Even a friend in Dayton, Ohio (an hour south of me) got photos last night.

Wonderful, painterly photo.

@Anne Lamp I love playing with the kaleidoscope tool. I've saved many of them as presets.

@Julie Magerka You should definitely try using the punches in your projects. We all get inspiration from each other. There's even a term for it that I can't think of right now so I'll say scrap-napping. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Corrie, I love the layout and the collection. Just wondering, did your granddaughter mention how often to water a cactus? I've not had good luck with them...

Thank you Ann! The trick is to water very sparsely, the most common fault in watering a cactus is: you give them to much water. When in a pot or container you should let the soil dry out completely before giving them a drop. To this rule are some exemptions for certain species but that is normally on the label when you buy them. It is so funny to see her with her plants because my son, her uncle is also a great fan of cacti and he started with them when he was the same age as she is now. At 50 he still grows cacti but I'm not sure his wife loves those too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I really like this template so I tried another:

large.2022517NationalSeniorGameFt.LauderdaleEastCoastBouncerscass-MultiFramesCollage1-Sample600.jpg.ec581fa88f266de11ed9a5d3794a9547.jpg

Pat and Frank's page above was from 2012. This one is from 2022. This is my current basketball team. Beth, the girl standing beside me, was pretty deep into dementia when this photo was taken. She is no longer able to play. In this layout, you are able to see only part of this huge sand sculpture. It was indoors at the convention center where we played basketball and pickleball. Most of the sports played in the Senior Games were represented. 

Love the way the colours pop!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Nothing fancy...using Carole's Multi-Frame Collage:

large.20121011Utahcass-MultiFramesCollage1-Sample600.jpg.45d15f2ff5552a58f4c2694b419c9118.jpg

My friend and basketball teammate, Pat and her husband, Frank in 2012. We often played a tournament in St. George, Utah and Pat had built a home there. One year I was invited to stay in her home. We went hiking after the basketball tournament and that's when these photos were taken.  Sadly, Frank has passed away. However, Pat is doing well. I think she sold the house. 

That wordart works!

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 4:44 PM, Sue Thomas said:

I  don't see many using Carole's corner and paper punches.  I love them and use them a lot.  I used one of them on the  strip.  They are ever so versitle, quick and easy to use to add that extra  touch to any layout. 

You are right, Sue.  I also don't use them as much as I could (I keep forgetting).  So far, I've only used the Corner Punches in a "boring way" 😄, only at the corners of papers.

Another thing I could use more is the Edge Fonts, which you also use beautifully. 

I think I'll create a folder with some of your layouts to be reminded and inspired by all the different ways to add them to a page. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Another one using the cass-Multi-Frame Collage sample this time featuring my youngest great-grand, Raja, from California. I used the letter board from cass-Letterpress Alpha and the cass-Rusted Alpha, with added screw-head brads. The font is Impact with the copper gradient. We kid about Raja meaning king, so I added a crown, top right. Raja will turn one on Aug 31.

RAJA-KING OF REDWOODS_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 6

Posted (edited)

It's been two years since Annie Tobin left us. :classic_sad: As she would say: "Thanks for takin' a peek!" (The colorful background and alpha are her own designs. The frame is a cass-decorative stitches frame) ❤️

rip annie tobin_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

It's been two years since Annie Tobin left us. :classic_sad: As she would say: "Thanks for takin' a peek!" (The colorful background and alpha are her own designs. The frame is a cass-decorative stitches frame) ❤️

rip annie tobin_600.jpg

Annie was such a special person.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Another one using the cass-Multi-Frame Collage sample this time featuring my youngest great-grand, Raja, from California. I used the letter board from cass-Letterpress Alpha and the cass-Rusted Alpha, with added screw-head brads. The font is Impact with the copper gradient. We kid about Raja meaning king, so I added a crown, top right. Raja will turn one on Aug 31.

I remember the rustic alpha, which Carole created in  a masterclass.  The letterboard you used from the cass- letterpress alpha, is that a script, or a freebies from a script?  

7 hours ago, Cristina said:

You are right, Sue.  I also don't use them as much as I could (I keep forgetting).  So far, I've only used the Corner Punches in a "boring way" 😄, only at the corners of papers.

Another thing I could use more is the Edge Fonts, which you also use beautifully. 

I think I'll create a folder with some of your layouts to be reminded and inspired by all the different ways to add them to a page. 🙂 

The Creation Cassel Store, has so many  goodies, to remember  all that we have purchasd over the years can be a challenge.  I don't have that many element scripts, but as far as the brushes and  fonts are concerned I have them all.  I also have a collection  of corner, swashes, and  divider fonts from outside sources.   All of which I use.  The store isn't unlike the campus, it can be quite overwhelming.   Thankfully with what we post here, it can trigger a memory of a  use of  a font, or a brush or anything else for that matter.   The campus is a powerful source of inspiration, across the board.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

I remember the rustic alpha, which Carole created in  a masterclass.  The letterboard you used from the cass- letterpress alpha, is that a script, or a freebies from a script?  

I have an entire letterpress alpha and the letterboard is included with the group. If there's a script, I don't have it, though it does say it's a sample. The board I have is plain, without the raised borders. Here's the preview...

cass-Letterpress-sample.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber

16 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I have an entire letterpress alpha and the letterboard is included with the group. If there's a script, I don't have it, though it does say it's a sample. The board I have is plain, without the raised borders. Here's the preview...

cass-Letterpress-sample.jpg

Now  I  remember, it is a script. You downloaded  the freebie from creation cassel blog. Looks good.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

rip annie tobin_600.jpg

She was sure a person with a big heart.   She left us so unexpectedly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

What a cute layout, Ann

I like this template very much, and I saw great examples of how to use it here. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I cannot believe it, but I have finished another layout.   This has not happened for quite some time.   I am enjoying it while it lasts. 🙂

Credits:

lgrieveson_messy_noted_4_tp_2.jpg

MacucoSafari - Cataratas do Iguaçu.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2
  • Love 6