Quick-Page Workshop - April 2024

Cassel

QPWorkshop-Preview-400.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to encourage us.

Every page we will make will be different, based on each others' photos, stories, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone's projects.

Once the workshop is started, on April 22nd, you can post your pages in here.

Make sure to resize your image to 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have all those pages.

Remember that each page should not take you longer than 5 minutes to complete.

(if you missed the registration link or if you want to invite a friend to join you, HERE it is).

DIAMOND members will get extra pages to work with.

Non-scrapbookers will also get some non-scrapbook supplies.

Who is going to be doing their FIRST digital scrapbook pages?

2 hours ago, Michele said:

I downloaded everything last year, but I didn't get a chance to work with the QPs. Will they be new this year or can I work with the ones from 2022?

That is my plan to have new additional supplies for the DIAMOND members.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

I'm in too, I hope to find the time to do something, I am so behind with the build a kit

Me too. Behind on P52, 3-4 weeks now.  And I thought I'd have the weekend for photography.  It was not to be.  Hopefully I'll find time in the week.  See you in the workshop.

Where does the TIME go? I'm in too, but will probably not start it today, but think about what photos to use. I'm making previews of my mega kit (Bundle?) I won't wrap it up as several zips, but only post the previews. And, as for P52, I've several photos I took that could begin with April 1, but that is also on the back burner as life as a way of interfering.  And - your kit is on TIME, Susan.  So - where does the TIME go?

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Where does the TIME go? I'm in too, but will probably not start it today, but think about what photos to use. I'm making previews of my mega kit (Bundle?) I won't wrap it up as several zips, but only post the previews. And, as for P52, I've several photos I took that could begin with April 1, but that is also on the back burner as life as a way of interfering.  And - your kit is on TIME, Susan.  So - where does the TIME go?

hahaha, if only I was a Time Lord, where is "the Doctor" (Who) when I need him/her. I still have one lesson to go then my MEGA-mini Kit (the Mini Kit with 20+ add-ons 😁)will be completed.

• Like 1

Here's my first part of Lesson One: a new photo from my California family. Great-grandson Raja is now 8 mos! Deb is my oldest daughter, Aaron is her beau, Anna and Will are her children, TJ is married to Anna and Lucy is married to Will. Raja and Magic are Will & Lucy's children. The lettering on the banners is cass-alpha-graduated-dimension. The font used is Children Funny.

QP-LESSON ONE-CALIFORNIA CREW_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
Explained family relationships
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

I used a Marisa Lerin Quickpage downloaded as a PSD so that I could change the colors to match my picture. The photo was sent to me by my grandson when he was in Thailand. The background is one that I used in my kit which was white. I used a gradient overlay and blend mode to change the color. The quote is from a good friend who asked me to help edit his book. We used this picture and quote in John's book.

dsquickpage600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

3 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I used a Marisa Lerin Quickpage downloaded as a PSD so that I could change the colors to match my picture. The photo was sent to me by my grandson when he was in Thailand. The background is one that I used in my kit which was white. I used a gradient overlay and blend mode to change the color. The quote is from a good friend who asked me to help edit his book. We used this picture and quote in John's book.

dsquickpage600.jpg

I love the quote!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to @Bonnie Ballentine, @Ann Seeber, @Mary Solaas, @Michele, @Susan Ewart, @Anja Pelzer, @Donna Sillia, @Emerald Jay.

@Ann Seeber. It is nice how you added that rainbow alphabet to the banners.

@Donna Sillia, it is nice that you can get a layered quick-page as they usually are flattened single layer images!

@Emerald Jay, are those flowers from your garden?

@Bonnie Ballentine, I will never get tired of kitties pictures!

If anyone has issues receiving their emails in the series, let me know Google and Yahoo are particularly picky about received emails and some might be deleted without your knowledge.

Looking forward to more projects in the next days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Continuing Lesson One, here's great grandson Logan. My daughter Laurey is his grandmother; her daughter Ilana, married to Maverick, is his mom. I added a starry banner from Marisa Lerin and the font is Stencil. I played with the colors a lot using the Change to Target brush which preserves textures.  

QP-LESSON ONE-LOGAN_600.jpg

• Love 9

I hope it's ok for me to post, even though I didn't register for this workshop.  After scrolling through the lovely pages submitted, and read Donna's comments on her page, I realized that I have a few layered  quick pages, which I've had for a while. I must confess I have  never used them, well until now that is.   I deleted  quite a few elements, added a little texture to the papers.  The colour palette was prefect, so I didn't  have to  change anything in that department.  It ook me less than  15 mins to complete the page.  As I also changed the photo slots to masks.  I'm  going to go through the other layered  quick pages, adapting them  my liking, to be used.

On the 15th April I was in a state of euphoria, when I heard a  chorus which I wasn't familiar with.  I have the Canadian Toad and the Plains Spadefoot toads.  Currently  their  dulcet chorus is  constant day and night, all around, but especially at the dugout, and  other standing water.  It took most of the day, but eventually I  spoted 2 of these frogs out in the trees.  Having a distinctive  sound I was able to  track down where is was coming from.  They are tiny, less than an inch  in length.  It's hard to believe they can freeze, and  their tiny hearts will beat again when they thaw!  A type of antifreeze in their blood protects them.  Most other  frogs bury down in the mud.  They are a type of tree frog which is also a unique trait.  I posted a photo  to a Sask  macro nature photography facebook group which I'm a member of, requesting an ID.  I wasn't the only one to be excited at my find.  As I'm told they are hard to find. 

Chorus frog.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 11

29 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I hope it's ok for me to post, even though I didn't register for this workshop.  After scrolling through the lovely pages submitted, and read Donna's comments on her page, I realized that I have a few layered  quick pages, which I've had for a while. I must confess I have  never used them, well until now that is.   I deleted  quite a few elements, added a little texture to the papers.  The colour palette was prefect, so I didn't  have to  change anything in that department.  It ook me less than  15 mins to complete the page.  As I also changed the photo slots to masks.  I'm  going to go through the other layered  quick pages, adapting them  my liking, to be used.

On the 15th April I was in a state of euphoria, when I heard a  chorus which I wasn't familiar with.  I have the Canadian Toad and the Plains Spadefoot toads.  Currently  their  dulcet chorus is  constant day and night, all around, but especially at the dugout, and  other standing water.  It took most of the day, but eventually I  spoted 2 of these frogs out in the trees.  Having a distinctive  sound I was able to  track down where is was coming from.  They are tiny, less than an inch  in length.  It's hard to believe they can freeze, and  their tiny hearts will beat again when they thaw!  A type of antifreeze in their blood protects them.  Most other  frogs bury down in the mud.  They are a type of tree frog which is also a unique trait.  I posted a photo  to a Sask  macro nature photography facebook group which I'm a member of, requesting an ID.  I wasn't the only one to be excited at my find.  As I'm told they are hard to find. 

Chorus frog.jpg

That is so interesting Sue.  I did not know they froze and thawed.  It's very interesting and so cool that you found them, especially the one amongst the leaves.  

• Like 3

Day 1,  using the Diamond Extra template.  

I used a photo from the distant past, a Carousel from Burnaby Village Museum (in British Columbia).  I even gave a donation to save/restore it many years ago and they have a book with the names of everyone who donated and my name is in it.  This carousel was also featured in a stamp set of Canadian carousels and the photo they used is the horse that I have showcased in the past.  This is my busy (several extra jobs) week at work so I might be sporadic with my postings.  I'll try and keep up though.

The font is Cowboy Kids, either Creative Fabrica or Google fonts, all is mixed up together now in my font viewer.  

QP Day 1- Carousel-600.jpg

• Love 8

29 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

My day 1 QP 2024   Dragonfly.  The alpha is actually named dragonfly.

MY DAY 1.pspimage  dragonfly 6.jpg

Do you know anything about the dragonfly, which I assume you took the photo?  It's a Skimmer, (family Libelludae). They are the quintessential dragonflies, flashy denizens of ponds and  meadows in Summer. Over a hundred species. This one is a male.  I get a lot of Skimmers, mostly the Twelve-spotted skimmers. Great shot!

• Like 2
  • Love 1