What are you working on (in April 2024)?

Cassel

23 hours ago, gwen jewitt said:

blended photo 3.jpgThis is a photo of Sycamore gap before the tree was cut down, the beagle is Dash we looked after him as a pup for 7 months.

Would you mind  telling me where this photo was taken, as it's extremely  similar  to  a view of  a tree where I  grew up. It may also be a coincidence, as you have a popular Welsh Christian name. Llanbad, overlooking  Bryna, mid Glamorgan.

I thought the surf looked bigger than the ones I saw in the Florida Gulf near the shore.  That was actually their trip to the beach on the Atlantic Ocean in North Carolina.  So, having saved it as a pspimage, I was able to change the journaling.  Here is the correct version.

2018 July Florida Family Trip_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Here is more from Storkow. I seem to have a sweet spot for it. Ths is 6x8. I will slab it on an 10x8 later to match the preceding pages, but by now I'm thinking that 6x8 is one great format. Sorry for the missing border. Looks irritating.

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 1
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Would you mind  telling me where this photo was taken, as it's extremely  similar  to  a view of  a tree where I  grew up. It may also be a coincidence, as you have a popular Welsh Christian name. Llanbad, overlooking  Bryna, mid Glamorgan.

Hi Sue the photo was taken in the Northumberland National Park on the Hadrians Wall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, gwen jewitt said:

Hi Sue the photo was taken in the Northumberland National Park on the Hadrians Wall

It''s quite uncanny how the topography of your area would pass for  where my tree is situated in Wales. It brought back many wonderful memories of me riding my pony  as a child past that tree almost daily checking  the sheep. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I just had to try out my template for the Beach kit to see if that multiple frame held true.  And it did.  The font is Modern No 20. The elements are from my kit.

Mary, what a lovely layout!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I thought the surf looked bigger than the ones I saw in the Florida Gulf near the shore.  That was actually their trip to the beach on the Atlantic Ocean in North Carolina.  So, having saved it as a pspimage, I was able to change the journaling.  Here is the correct version.

What can  I say Mary, other than your pages are exquisitely created.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Slowly the native migratory birds are returning.  THis one is a  white throated Sparrow.   I'd say that all native sparrows are considered song birds. I haven't done a  proper frame in quite a while.  Colours used came from the photo. One of last night's  little projects.

White throated sparrow 13 April.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

Over the course of this past winter, and previous winters I have taken no end of photos of the delighful Chickadees at   the National Parks where I  snowshoe, and hike.  The background photo is one of last year's apple blossoms.  When I hear them I get out the seed, many will come and take food from my hand. They have become accustomed to me. I can only take photos of them feeding using my mobile photo, which pretty much basic, and takes crappy pics.  My camera is to cumbersome to use one handed.

Spring.jpg

Danielson Park Chickadee feeding 11 April (2).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Slowly the native migratory birds are returning.  THis one is a  white throated Sparrow.   I'd say that all native sparrows are considered song birds. I haven't done a  proper frame in quite a while.  Colours used came from the photo. One of last night's  little projects.

White throated sparrow 13 April.jpg

Sue, in addition to what you teach us about the natural world, I love your frames.  You turned me on to the transparent frames in PSP Picture frames.  Thank you.  Guess that's what started me on developing multiple transparent frames of various opacity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was out feeding the birds and using the Merlin app on my phone to record birdsong which the app identifies. I have a new "lifer" bird- the Yellow-Rumped Warbler (Myrtle variety). Here are the details for my layout:

Template-cass-corner-slip in
background paper=PSBT
First title font=Agency
Photo=Cornell Labs Merlin Bird ID
2nd title font=Brave Hearted + Curlz MT
Paint splash=treed-Have A Nice Day
Journal Card sketch-cass-pencil sketch 2
Bird info: Harpswell Heritage Land Trust-Maine-Nature Notes
Date stamp-cass #4

Since the text is reduced I'll post it separately, also.

CORNER SLIP-IN-YELLOW RUMPED WARBLER-MERLIN-4-2024_600.jpg

journal card and text_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

38 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I was out feeding the birds and using the Merlin app on my phone to record birdsong which the app identifies. I have a new "lifer" bird- the Yellow-Rumped Warbler (Myrtle variety). Here are the details for my layout:

background paper=PSBT
First title font=Agency
Date stamp-cass #4

Thank you for posting the journaling.  What an interesting bird, with the adaptation to eat waxy berries.  I like the slipped-in look and great touch with the music notes.  I was watching some peculiar behavior of crows in the school field behind my house.....after confirming with the binoculars....someone left their black sneakers in the field! 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

background paper=PSBT
First title font=Agency
Date stamp-cass #4

I’m only privileged to the  presence of Warblers during Spring and Autumn, as they don’t nest here, only pass through.  Warblers offer wonderful diversity, with more than 50 species in North America. They also offer interesting challenges , with completely different patterns in Spring and Autumn.  ID ing them in  the Autumn can be a real challenge.  This one is a  young  Autumn  Myrtle’s Warbler which I took on the 26th Sept last year.  The Myrtle species has a  distinctive white throat.  The bird you have showcased is a Spring  mating male.

I have never used the Merlin app. I’m sure it can do a good a job, but it’s  not infallible.  I believe it knows which birds are near to you, based on sightings submitted by bird watchers.  The app can  be helpful, but it’s not diagnostic. I’m not saying that it didn’t correctly ID the bird. To use it in order to  create lovely scrap pages, with  interesting information, it has served your purpose.  The bird groups I use, doesn’t  allow any comments, where the Merlin app ID’d the bird.   They say it’s not a proper or acceptable documentation.

Yellow rumped warbler 15 Sept (6).jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Sue, in addition to what you teach us about the natural world, I love your frames.  You turned me on to the transparent frames in PSP Picture frames.  Thank you.  Guess that's what started me on developing multiple transparent frames of various opacity.

I had forgotten about that.  Now that you have mentioned it, I remember now.  Always a pleasure to  share what  knowledge I have  with you and everyone else here. 

• Like 1

South Carolina is my home state...born and raised there. The University of South Carolina has seldom done well in sports but our women's basketball team has done very well. They won the national championship for the third time in 2024 and they are undefeated in the 2024 season. Needless to say, this season was outstanding for our fams. Dawn Staley is the coach and she does not refer to spectators as fans...they are fams...and the atmosphere feels like family. 2024 was a big year for women's basketball everywhere. The women's games were drew more spectators than the men's games (National Championship) and tickets for the women's games demanded and received a higher price. All of this is huge for women's sports!

large.202447UndefeatedGamecocks600.jpg.4fb6287d45c1327c84031eaa7188716c.jpg

• Love 10

Every Wednesday a group of women pickleball players meet after playing pickleball and have lunch together. After that we play table games...usually something different each week. Overall, it is the group that traveled to a pickleball clinic in January and we have a trip planned for March, 2025. Now you know why there are pickleballs in a layout for table games.

large.202426GameLadiesMFish_SmileFreebie600.jpg.f7fa1a570a766ac15d1b2d226977dba6.jpg

• Love 10

20 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

background paper=PSBT
First title font=Agency
Date stamp-cass #4

Thanks so much for sharing, so inspiring! 💗💗💗 Love it.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

I have another one from Storkow (say: "shtorkoh") , fonts are Bebas Kai and Brixton. Pls click image as there is no border yet again . And again this is 6x8 inches waiting to be migrated onto an 8x10 bg to match the preceding pages.  

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

I have been playing with layouts for the last week or so. The going has been rather slow, but since there is no rush, I continue to tinker and adjust until it's time to let them go!

The eclipse layout uses photos from a photographer who was mentioned on the radio as having spectacular pictures online. So I checked, grabbed a few and tried the Grid layout, which was not a great success. Each time I've tried it, the pix just don't snap to grid readily. So I leave it, out of frustration. The photog is Steve Biro. The actual blacking out of the sun in its totality was amazing, of course, but we then had a new "light" shining on us suddenly which threw us right off! It turns out it was one of the planets that was illuminated. Wish I had a photo of that!

The other layout is based on a United  Church decommissioning that took place on Sunday last (14th). Another small rural church has closed (near my home town). I attended to show my respects, took some pix, and observed the loss the folks there were experiencing. It was very sad. The Catholic church, not far away and the one I attended as a child, is experiencing a spurt of new attendance and the danger of closure has passed, yet again.

eclipse layout.jpg

Fletcher church closes.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

On 4/14/2024 at 5:44 PM, Sue Thomas said:

When I hear them I get out the seed, many will come and take food from my hand. They have become accustomed to me. I can only take photos of them feeding using my mobile photo, which pretty much basic, and takes crappy pics.  My camera is to cumbersome to use one handed.

Oh, Sue, seeing how they trust you is so sweet! Those photos are a gem! ❣️

• Love 3