What are you working on (in April 2024)?

Cassel

I'm a day late in saying this, but, Carole, you are much loved by all of us.  I know you are really a hobit in real life because you gift us on your birthday! I trust you had a very happy birthday.

Thank you for the gift!  As you know I've been buying scripts, etc. recently even before your birthday.  But thanks for the gift - I bought several more.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

This is a scraplift. I liked the layout I saw (AMarie on Digital Scrapbooking) and wanted to replicate it. For no purpose at all. Just an ode to Spring when the blossoms are so wonderful. (Photo from Pixabay)

I have started using a symbol (a wee bunny from a card from the 1940s) as my stamp or signature. There is a reason for the choice, but I am not going to share that. 😏

(Image reposted after I fixed the hard edges on mask that Sue pointed out. (So much for new "improved" vision, huh?)

Spring layout simple.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
adjusted mask
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

20 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

This is a scraplift. I liked the layout I saw (AMarie on Digital Scrapbooking) and wanted to replicate it. For no purpose at all. Just an ode to Spring when the blossoms are so wonderful. (Photo from Pixabay)

I have started using a symbol (a wee bunny from a card from the 1940s) as my stamp or signature. There is a reason for the choice, but I am not going to share that. 😏

Spring layout simple.jpg

I really do love your minimalistic ethereal layouts. Superb! Allow me to make a small suggestion to this particular layout. I see you have sharp edges on the left and right of the  mask.  This is easy to remedy.  Go to the mask, using a low  hardness,  and opacity, rotaion 100%,  you can judge those settings yourself, to  soften those edges.  I suspect the original mask filled the page, making those edges rather defined. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I really do love your minimalistic ethereal layouts. Superb! Allow me to make a small suggestion to this particular layout. I see you have sharp edges on the left and right of the  mask.  This is easy to remedy.  Go to the mask, using a low  hardness,  and opacity, rotaion 100%,  you can judge those settings yourself, to  soften those edges.  I suspect the original mask filled the page, making those edges rather defined. 

Darn! Thanks for your good eyes, Sue. I missed that!

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Darn! Thanks for your good eyes, Sue. I missed that!

I would have loved to see the hard edges so I can see the difference. Julie, I love your layout style.   It's a hard one for me to emulate (don't we tend to love what is out of artistic reach).  I really love AMarie's work too.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I would have loved to see the hard edges so I can see the difference. Julie, I love your layout style.   It's a hard one for me to emulate (don't we tend to love what is out of artistic reach).  I really love AMarie's work too.  

I wrote a longer than usual response, then it vanished when I clicked Submit! But thanks for your kind words, Susan.

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Check out the image in my response. It's  the original post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2024 at 5:09 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Although the Masterclasses are great, and I love them. I  have always and still do prefer the tutorials in what was the creative scrap, and now   called the Lab.  Even though  a greal deal of the tutorials are available as scripts.  I enjoy creating my own elements.

Sue, I feel the same way. 🙂  I really like creating my own stuff, although I certainly use things from the kits I've collected over the years.

I have many of Carole's great scripts, which come in handy to speed up the process... Some work like magic!

Like you, I love the Masterclasses. There is always something new or a deep explanation of something we saw before, but my go-to is the Preview page of the Creative Scrap tutorials... I like looking at the photos to decide which tutorial to follow.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

After many moons, I have something to post here... It's one layout from the folder I called Unfinished Layouts... There are still many in it!

I finished it a few weeks ago, but I only remember to post it today.

Credits:

• Template from Scrapping with Liz (SwL_LotsofBlocksTemplate3)
  • Background paper: DiHiller_PSJul2021_Paper5 plus Greenery and berries stickers from mommyish_AAM. I played with the blend mode.
  • Alpha (Hotel): APennington_TLP Treasured
  • Font: Astorica Display Black
  • Cassel: I followed different Frame Tutorials from the Creative Scrap tutorials.

Hotel Daniela 2018.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 7

@Cristina Thanks for explaining how you did your background paper.  I never thought putting stickers on the paper and using that layer as a blend mode.  Great idea.  Love your layout.  Also - great thought to put layouts in a folder called unfinished.  

Great layout.

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

After many moons, I have something to post here... It's one layout from the folder I called Unfinished Layouts... There are still many in it!

Credits:

• Background paper: DiHiller_PSJul2021_Paper5 plus Greenery and berries stickers from mommyish_AAM. I played with the blend mode.
  • Cassel: I followed different Frame Tutorials from the Creative Scrap tutorials.

Hotel Daniela 2018.jpg

I agree with Mary, this background is fabulous. I thought the paper came like that.  The first thing i noticed was the different frames on each photo.  What a great idea.  

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

Credits:

Hotel Daniela 2018.jpg

Cristina, your page is  the perfect quintessence of what is available in the creative scrap. Multitude of frames,  papers and more.  As always your page is most appealing.  I don't know if anyone else has done the same as myself.  I printed off all the previews when I first joined.  In latter years  I would use my owns work in each preview. Since the Lab, I add which  lab the tutorial can be located. When I have filled a sheet, I print it off. I can thumb through those pages at leisure anywhere.  I do the same  with the fonts I have accumilated over the years.  Not a vast amount, as I'm not a fontaholic.  I do like a paper trail.

Edited by Sue Thomas

Thank you so much, Mary, Susan, and Sue, for the kind words; they are immensely appreciated. ❤️ 

I have to say that I got the idea of adding greenery to the background paper from a Lilypad artist-designer (lgrieveson) who often adds them to her pages/kit, but in her case, more in an artsy way.

Here are the paper and some of the stickers I used (here in jpeg):

DiHiller_PSJul2021_Paper5.jpg

mommyish_AAM_sticker-berries.jpg

mommyish_AAM_sticker-flower1.jpg

mommyish_AAM_sticker-heart2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I printed off all the previews when I first joined.  In latter years  I would use my owns work in each preview. Since the Lab, I add which  lab the tutorial can be located. When I have filled a sheet, I print it off. I can thumb through those pages at leisure anywhere.  I do the same  with the fonts I have accumilated over the years.  Not a vast amount, as I'm not a fontaholic.  I do like a paper trail.

Sue, I started something similar but not as organized as you did... I have the preview images/ location on the laptop and it's very handy when I want to choose a tutorial to follow or to add to a layout. But having it on a printed sheet is even better! Good tip!

My last page for April 2024.  I read the  latest post in the blog. Using a table in digital scrapbooking.  Something I have never considered doing, so I thought I would give it a try.  Folded ribbon  and ribbon are Carole's scripts, the lace is a brush. Created a grungy overlay for the  papers, the  leaves is a paper template used as an overlay.   Everything else is my own.  Oh yes, I mustn't forget Carole's  heart corner  punch.  

Hare in summer attire (1).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 7

12 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

My last page for April 2024.  I read the  latest post in the blog. Using a table in digital scrapbooking.  Something I have never considered doing, so I thought I would give it a try.  Folded ribbon  and ribbon are Carole's scripts, the lace is a brush. Created a grungy overlay for the  papers, the  leaves is a paper template used as an overlay.   Everything else is my own.  Oh yes, I mustn't forget Carole's  heart corner  punch.  

Hare in summer attire (1).jpg

Sue, as always, beautifully done.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1