Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

Project #3

For this layout I used the kit cpjess-Vintage Blooms (Jessica Dunn) with glitters from my stash which have a color similar to one in my photos. I had to cleanup the photos, after all they are from 2008 and taken indoors. Instead of the glitter outline of a butterfly I used a paint splash from the kit. I have some elements like the butterfly but those didn't looked right on my page. The admission tickets are done with my own script and the font is Berlin. 

Project #3-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

DAY 7 - My fantasy Viking River Cruise. 😉 (For the new members; I"ve done this before with a fantasy trip to Gabarone, Botswana, Africa.) I mostly used the kit Carole offered, True Heart. The gold leaf is from Nellie Bell. The title font is Belisha and the journaling font is Franklin Gothic Medium. This color scheme is a bit of a departure for me as I usually use bright, primary colors or deep tones. 

VIKING RIVERSHIP CRUISE_600.jpg

Ann those colors go so well with that photo!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

My project 3. I was aiming for a midcentury modern-ish vibe. Supplies myself, Jessica Dunn, Sharon Dewi Stolp. Fonts are Georgia on date and Cuciniere on title. @Cassel:  Yes, especially in a PSP WS, lol!!!! 💕😉. I have been playing with them, not enough it seems tho. I find EC gives me what I want faster. The layouts so far are the most elegant recipes ever! An absolute fool proof way to a great layout. Many thanks. Many great examples here in this thread. Fab recipe!

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

Project 2, but I don't know what day!

Guess I am on a spring flowers theme. I took this photo this past week when I visited a garden that my fellow Penn State Master Gardener's maintain, at the Outdoor Discovery Center. I'm not able to participate in gardening activities right now, because I am in 'recovery mode'. The weather has been tempting me tho! I used part of the same kit I used on Project 1, and the same fonts. I tried rotating the background paper so it would look different, but it just looked odd to me, so I used contol + Z and undid it. I also used part of another kit called Dandelion Wishes. I loved seeing the crocus blooming at this garden. Either the chipmunks steal the ones I plant, or the voles eat them, or both....but I keep trying...gotta feed the wildlife 😉

ljw_Bootcamp-Project-2_2nd_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Must be a hummingbird. Their nests are about the size of a walnut.

Thanks, Bonnie. Unfortunately, we don't have hummingbirds in New Zealand. It would have been a nest of thrushes, I think.  Jeni :classic_smile:

• WOW 1

large.2024311SweetReunionDay7Project3600.jpg.df0053c191f44b5782697501582fe35f.jpg

Jackie (on the left) and I have been friends for over 20 years but this was our first time together since well before  Covid. I was a real blessing to see her again and catch up! The rose on the table in the center photo is repeated on each of the photos. Actually, this is one photo. I separated each of us into our own photo.

• Like 3
  • Love 9

@Cassel: Here is another one following the project 2 layout suggestions. I used to make a lot of layouts like this, wonder what got me off track... I think it is a great way to make a page. 12x6 inches, all graphics from my All You Need, font (on jc)  is Chelopace 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 6

@Barbara Caulton Nobody will get bored of puppies' photos! Keep them coming!

@Jeni Simpson Great consistent shadows now.

@James Thomas Welcome to the bootamp. With projects every other day, you should be able to catch up. Great projects 1 and 2. Good shadows. And yes, keyboard shortcuts can really save time!

@Rodney Boyd In order to help me know which project you did, can you specify which lesson you are showcasing?

@Ann SeeberWe are traveling with you!

@Corrie Kinkel It is fun to see you use your scripts!

@bina greene I don't know if the photos were already the same size but they are great like that without any distortion.

@Linda J Walker Great use of the pain splashes. If you want to up that one notch, you can use the technique to have paint/writing on different surfaces, explained on this blog post. It is not essential but something to keep in mind.

@Bonnie BallentineIt looks like we know all your friends by now 🙂

Keep them coming!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2024311SweetReunionDay7Project3600.jpg.df0053c191f44b5782697501582fe35f.jpg

Jackie (on the left) and I have been friends for over 20 years but this was our first time together since well before  Covid. I was a real blessing to see her again and catch up! The rose on the table in the center photo is repeated on each of the photos. Actually, this is one photo. I separated each of us into our own photo.

What a wonderful photo! So lovely. Great layout as well 💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Project #3

For this layout I used the kit cpjess-Vintage Blooms (Jessica Dunn) with glitters from my stash which have a color similar to one in my photos. I had to cleanup the photos, after all they are from 2008 and taken indoors. Instead of the glitter outline of a butterfly I used a paint splash from the kit. I have some elements like the butterfly but those didn't looked right on my page. The admission tickets are done with my own script and the font is Berlin. 

Project #3-600.jpg

Beautiful, Corrie! Where is the museum located?

Day 7 Project #3

Used 1 paper from site provided “DSF March 2013 Blog Train – Designs by Marisa Lerin.” Glitter also from site provided and paper from Nellie Bell. Pictures, flowers and rainbow strip from Bing search. Fonts are BankGothic Md BT and Vivaldi with a small bevel applied.

large.project3@600.jpg.898420edf42eb17ac84f6b477feb0371.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

7 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Beautiful, Corrie! Where is the museum located?

Thank you Ann, like all the layouts for this Bootcamp I used photos from a trip to Berlin in 2008, so the museum is in Berlin too. When we were there it was a fantastic experience and the museum is really big, so we concentrated on a section of it that had these big mosaic structures. We thought we would do another trip to Berlin because we didn't see all we planned. Unfortunately the next year my husband got seriously ill and all though he survived we haven't travelled (together) anymore!

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
typo
  • Like 2

A day late, but yesterday I was feeding my addiction for layered fonts. For the bottom papers, I used a cpjess kit call cherish mini, and the hearts from cpjess cranberry mini. I couldn't find stripes to match so I created some using the cass stripes2 script. The bone is from Creative Fabrica with an added texture that I created on AI and recolored. The photos are my own. The glitter was created using cass glitters B script to match my colors. The font from Creative Fabrica is Rainbow which I used in my Kit and recolored to match. The arrows are my own.

dsphilipandtyler.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
add info
  • Like 4
  • Love 7

Bootcamp, Day 7 Project 3

I chose 3 images, sized them as per instructions, and altered the alignment to fit them on the page better.

I will try and create one where the images are all sitting the same way.

Papers and elements by Janet Kemp. Font is Gill Sans.

Jeni

DoubtfulSound_jeni_Day7_600.jpg

Edited by Jeni Simpson
  • Like 4
  • Love 8

Hopefully, this image is okay for this project. 

I used a snowflake brush I had in PSP, and covered my background with that, instead of adding any elements to my image.

Where I live, I am lucky, because I have such beauty on my doorstep.

Thanks

Jeni

Queenstown_jeni_Day7_600.jpg.0953cd004672158161d9133838732c28.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

Project 3--

It is always so interesting to see how everyone uses the tutorial in a slightly different way!

I used the glitters, but I didn't like the color so I adjusted it....and it doesn't look very glittery now. I used the guides, it is a good way to make things the same size that don't start out that way.

I am not sure I am entirely happy with my choice of papers and colors, but I am finished for tonight. Maybe I will like it better tomorrow 😉

ljw_Project-3_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

@Rodney Boyd If you are to add some drop shadow, it will give a more realistic appearance. All the papers, photos, and flowers can use shadows.

@Bill Pearson great to see that you resized the photos evenly without distortion.

@Donna Sillia Layered fonts can be addictive. It is amazing that they can be available for free or very little.

@Jeni Simpson You know, you CAN use those three photos to make them the same height. Of course, they won't be the same width but it is possible if you want to try it. But your second layout is great!

@Sue Booth I see that you tweaked the shadow on the ribbon a little bit. Great job!

@Linda J Walker Using the "glitters" with a different color would simply make an interesting texture, so why not?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Jeni Simpson You know, you CAN use those three photos to make them the same height. Of course, they won't be the same width but it is possible if you want to try it. But your second layout is great! tweaked the shadow on the ribbon a little bit. Great job!

Thank you, Carole, the photos are all the same size, and the waterfall I thought needed to be portrait, not landscape. The second one, the photos are all going the same way, so they probably work better. I rarely do long skinny pix, mostly I try for landscape, except when the subject demands a tall skinny pic, as per the waterfall.

Jeni

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Linda J Walker said:

Project 3--

It is always so interesting to see how everyone uses the tutorial in a slightly different way!

I used the glitters, but I didn't like the color so I adjusted it....and it doesn't look very glittery now. I used the guides, it is a good way to make things the same size that don't start out that way.

I am not sure I am entirely happy with my choice of papers and colors, but I am finished for tonight. Maybe I will like it better tomorrow 😉

I love what you have created. I love the paua [abalone] colours. I also changed the colours of the glitters, using adjust > hue and saturation > colourise. I don't normally do bling yet in this layout, it looks nice with a touch of glitter behind the photographs.

Jeni

• Like 1

Scrap Bootcamp-Day 9-Project #4. I rotated the photos as I had horizontal ones from my daughter's ski vacation in Colorado last week. Aaron and Deb were visiting her daughter-in-law, Lucy's parents; Magic & Raja's other grandparents. The background is also her photo. The title fonts are Belisha and Birdy. The troll, gem scatters and skis are from my Iceland mega kit. 

LESSON NINE-COLORADO SNOW BIRDS MARCH 2024_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7