Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

Final Bootcamp project - featuring one of my new great-grandsons. He'll explain...

Fonts used are Cooper Black and Century Gothic - old standbys...

All elements are mine from my own kit...

BOOTCAMP-LESSON 11-JONAH JAMES_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Papers are all from Marisa Lerin. The steering wheel is from Canva, and the paperclip is from my kit and recolored. I pretty much followed the tutorial using the same fonts and overcame my addiction to layered fonts. This project was a good refresher for placing shadows, something with which I often struggle. 

dsconcentrationps600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

38 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2024320Day9Project4Daffsagain600.jpg.4920b3690371dfcc7645d45d6e202e05.jpg

Project 4...more daffs...the top one volunteered in my yard; the other 2 volunteered in the woods. I hope to dig them and transplant them.

Nice daffs and I am astonished that you can dig them up in the woods. Over here it is forbidden to do that kind of things. Of course there are always people who don't care and do it nevertheless, but the rangers (boswachters) can report you to the police when they catch you.

Project #5 

The end of this Bootcamp and the end of the trip to Berlin. I used the minikit crafty-eve-cpjess from the 2022 blogtrain and a frame from Sharon Dewi Stolp that I have in my stash because this kit had no frame. The font is Bremlin, the font Berlin that I used for the other layouts was to thin for this one and Lucinda calligraphy.  And of course again a postage stamp with my own script. Instead of the little rectangles I used stars, like a rating for the trip to Berlin, just for the fun of it.

It was good to have a little refresher of the basics after having learned more over the last 4 years. I completely forgot that you can use a paper as a pattern for text, so it will match perfectly with the rest of the papers. Carole thank you for offering the Bootcamp again, I have enjoyed it as well as seeing all the projects from the others, that is always inspiring.

Project#5-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Nice daffs and I am astonished that you can dig them up in the woods. Over here it is forbidden to do that kind of things. Of course there are always people who don't care and do it nevertheless, but the rangers (boswachters) can report you to the police when they catch you.

Corrie, the woods are mine...on my property.

• Like 1
  • WOW 2

@James Thomas Keep it up! The gold glitters work very well with the theme and it gives a great texture. Your pinked edge seems a little odd. It almost looks like the Opacity was less than 100%. Is that possible? Also, the polkadots seem to be on a separate layer from the green strip. Do you see the same thing or is it only in the resized version?

@Jen Brown Great choice of colors to go with those photos. Meerkats always remind me of Lion King and make me smile.

@Ann Seeber Your use of inner bevel gives a lot of dimensions to your page!

@Donna Sillia For your title, make sure you increase the kerning more when you want to replace one letter with something else. In some fonts, a simple space is not the same width as a regular character.

@Bonnie Ballentine It is interesting that, instead of alternating the colors by letter, you alternated with phrase segments! That is a great way to highlight words.

@Corrie Kinkel It is also great to have you as a student! You make me look good! I smiled when I saw another stamp on your layout 🙂

Keep it up. If you post 4 out of 5 projects by Monday night, your name will be in the random draw for great prizes!

• Thanks 1

From the days long ago (note the pager on my belt,) when I helped coach my son's baseball team. Not a particularly original layout as I simply followed Cassel's instructions step-by-step with the exception of a picture frame. If I used one and tried to put it inside the photo, I cut off my head. Used a quote from one of the great baseball flicks of all time.

focus.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I started while on was on leave and found my photos were the wrong size, and then I had to go back to work. So I have not actually started as yet, I will try and find some time over the weekend, So much to do, so little time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DAY 7 PROJECT 3

I could not stand the fuzzy edges and the mistakes on the shadowing so I have redone it! Thank you Carole, my opacity was like you suggested way to low and the fuzzy edges were due to the feathering being on ! As I had called it Pawsome  I thought I should have some pawprints !

DAY 7 PROJECT 3 glitter 600 .jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

@James Thomas Keep it up! The gold glitters work very well with the theme and it gives a great texture. Your pinked edge seems a little odd. It almost looks like the Opacity was less than 100%. Is that possible? Also, the polkadots seem to be on a separate layer from the green strip. Do you see the same thing or is it only in the resized version?

@Jen Brown Great choice of colors to go with those photos. Meerkats always remind me of Lion King and make me smile.

@Ann Seeber Your use of inner bevel gives a lot of dimensions to your page!

@Donna Sillia For your title, make sure you increase the kerning more when you want to replace one letter with something else. In some fonts, a simple space is not the same width as a regular character.

@Bonnie Ballentine It is interesting that, instead of alternating the colors by letter, you alternated with phrase segments! That is a great way to highlight words.

@Corrie Kinkel It is also great to have you as a student! You make me look good! I smiled when I saw another stamp on your layout 🙂

Keep it up. If you post 4 out of 5 projects by Monday night, your name will be in the random draw for great prizes!

@Cassel I thought the same thing even though the opacity was 100% it looked like there was some ghosting.  In the kit the paper was a single unit but I also thought the polka dots acted like a layer of their own.  I probably should have looked through other papers for something that might have matched the theme without the added pattern.  

• Like 1

Day 11 Project 5

Travelling along the lakeside highway from Queenstown, we chanced upon this scene.

Sheep were being moved from one area of the farm to another. This happens often in country areas.

Jeni

watching_jeni_Day11_600.jpg.b895ba7d04381bd938abd1dcaac7416f.jpg

Edited by Jeni Simpson
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

28 minutes ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Day 11 Project 5

Travelling along the lakeside highway from Queenstown, we chanced upon this scene.

Sheep were being moved from one area of the farm to another. This happens often in country areas.

Jeni

watching_jeni_Day11_600.jpg.b895ba7d04381bd938abd1dcaac7416f.jpg

This is so nice. I love the "O" sheep and leaving the windshield wipers in the photo is a great touch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodney Boyd said:

Concentration made me think of terrible things from years gone.  Today's world conflicts do not help.  Items are from Bing except paper from jessica-dunn. Font is Arial Narrow.

large.Day105600.jpg.603aa14e9f61946365fedcfdf76ace71.jpg

Never forget!

• Love 2

Here is  my last project, no 5. graphics from my Vinted kit, font is Selectric Advocate, WA brushes by Katie Pertiet. Many thanks for everything , @Cassel. Such a great workshop!

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

large.2024322Project5Contemplation600.jpg.d31ac81de57914a8ea87072db77df9fc.jpg

This photo was taken during the covid isolation. The papers used for the title and squares are from the kits suggested on the lesson page. The blue background was taken from the photo and a texture added. The acorns are from Shiela Reid's Outdoor Adventure kit at Digital Scrapbooking.  The frame is by Marisa Lerin at Digital Scrapbooking and the bow is also by Marisa...February, 2021 The Good Life. Thank you, Carole, for another fun workshop!

• Like 3
  • Love 7

15 minutes ago, Barbara Caulton said:

DAY 9 PROJECT 4 

I have kept the same colour scheme for continuity as it is the puppies journey to their forever homes . Papers and graphics are Nit wits Pawsitivity and Gina Jones Fido.

DAY 9 PROJECT 4  ..600 jpeg final.jpg

Not sure about the Rice Pudding reference. Do they eat it?