Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

I used my bee flowers in my last bootcamp and had to search for pictures to use. I am trying to use the kits that I have, but always seem to have something missing. The background and the papers are from Marisa Lerin. The pictures are my own. I made the bee from a font called Bee cute and the title from a font called Kid Zone both from Creative Fabrica. I love the cass stripes 2 script because I can pick the colors from my project and make stripes that match. I don't care for those pointy things on the black layer so I used the cass script quick scallops. The blue things are sequins and the pink flowers are tubes that I made using the cass script directional tubes.

DSbusybee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Project #4

This time it is all about The Wall and Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin during the Cold War. When we visited there it was a rather gray day, fitting for the feel of the place, it was a bit gloomy!   All the papers are from Marissa Lerin gl-20 kit and I didn't use the brighter colors only the more subdued. The tank is a sticker I found on digitalscrapbook.com; the stop sign comes from Travel by DB Magnolia; the fonts are Berlin and Montana rough; the stamp is again made with my own stampscript and I made some paintsplashes .

large.Project4-600.jpg.cd3a670a9ba9ee242963a11619c91e18.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Can't always access the same resources as shown in the video, but I have downloaded some.  This was last year when we had a nurses reunion in Cornwall, so a found a poem to go with it.  Lost the will to live as it crashed on me twice (did that last night) so haven't changed the drop shadows between elements, but it was interesting how to do this.

Are there still the download sheets for each lesson?

three photos.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

@Jen Brown I am glad to see that you used different formats of photos and made them all the same height without distortion.

@Ann Seeber It is interesting to see a photo used for the background.

@bina greene I hope you will find an occasion to use the pinked edge technique, in some future projects!

@Donna Sillia Is that a layered font that you used from CF?

@Corrie Kinkel I am sure we are going to see more stamps of yours now that you made a script for that!

@Sue Booth You are very consistent with your shadows. Maybe you will want to try to tweak them for the ribbon or make them larger for the flowers. Give it a try!

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

@Jen Brown I am glad to see that you used different formats of photos and made them all the same height without distortion.

@bina greene I hope you will find an occasion to use the pinked edge technique, in some future projects!

@Corrie Kinkel I am sure we are going to see more stamps of yours now that you made a script for that!

@Sue Booth You are very consistent with your shadows. Maybe you will want to try to tweak them for the ribbon or make them larger for the flowers. Give it a try!

The layered font is called Kid Zone from CF. It is very easy to use--only three layeres

• Like 1

Project 4 Day 9

Well, that is something new I learned today, making that pinking shears effect, thank you, Carole.

A few years ago, I was at an afternoon tea at Ohinetahi in Governors Bay, near Christchurch.

I arrived home with several pictures of honey bees I'd seen hovering around the flower beds.

I decided to use them in this layout.

Supplies used were from Jessica Dunn, Rachel Martin, Marisa Lerin, and Violet Irisovna.

Jeni

busy-bees_jeni_day9_600.jpg.262b43b82b28f6672eeeb402f3ebf74c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Project 4 Day 9

Well, that is something new I learned today, making that pinking shears effect, thank you, Carole.

A few years ago, I was at an afternoon tea at Ohinetahi in Governors Bay, near Christchurch.

I arrived home with several pictures of honey bees I'd seen hovering around the flower beds.

I decided to use them in this layout.

Supplies used were from Jessica Dunn, Rachel Martin, Marisa Lerin, and Violet Irisovna.

Jeni

busy-bees_jeni_day9_600.jpg.262b43b82b28f6672eeeb402f3ebf74c.jpg

I see you used a loopy stitching element to show the bee's flight path. What a good idea! Thank you!!

Project 3. A bit late with this one .Puppies again I am afraid ! 5 weeks old on here, growing fast and now exploring time out of the whelping box under the watchful eye of Mum.  I have used Gina Jones Fido elements and papers along with Nit Wits papers. I have duplicated the flower and  layered them .Hope everyone is having as much fun as me !

DAY 7 PROJECT 3 glitter600 jpeg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 10

I love that you are doing each lesson with same colour scheme and puppies - it will make it easier to focus on new techniques and not spend ages hunting for photos and papers.  These look great!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sue Booth said:

I love that you are doing each lesson with same colour scheme and puppies - it will make it easier to focus on new techniques and not spend ages hunting for photos and papers.  These look great!

Thank you Sue. Yes it certainly does make it easier . I was lucky enough for the owner to send me photos and allow me to use them on here.

My intention was to have the mills from Far away to close by, but the photo I used wasn't good enough for it. So the mills differ in size, but not as intended.

Font is Chartz

Kit I used was an old one from PS-Rachel-Martin , the mill sticker is from an old "Holland" scrapkit, the original was red, I changed it to blue.

Dag 7-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Project #4

This time it is all about The Wall and Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin during the Cold War. When we visited there it was a rather gray day, fitting for the feel of the place, it was a bit gloomy!   All the papers are from Marissa Lerin gl-20 kit and I didn't use the brighter colors only the more subdued. The tank is a sticker I found on digitalscrapbook.com; the stop sign comes from Travel by DB Magnolia; the fonts are Berlin and Montana rough; the stamp is again made with my own stampscript and I made some paintsplashes .

large.Project4-600.jpg.cd3a670a9ba9ee242963a11619c91e18.jpg

I just listened to an album of Pink Floyd, now I see "the wall" and started humming "the wall"  🙂 :"

"Hey, teacher, leave them kids alone
All in all, it's just another brick in the wall
All in all, you're just another brick in the wall"
  • Haha 1

Project 4

I dug in my photos and found some photos from a short trip several years ago, a visit to the 'State Pen'. It was a planned trip, so it was fun.

I used a bunch of random papers and I guess that is how it looks! I should have planned better. I will try to use a kit next time. 

I am running to another doctor appointment today, so out of time now.

ljw_4-Project_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

My intention was to have the mills from Far away to close by, but the photo I used wasn't good enough for it. So the mills differ in size, but not as intended.

Font is Chartz

Kit I used was an old one from PS-Rachel-Martin , the mill sticker is from an old "Holland" scrapkit, the original was red, I changed it to blue.

Dag 7-600.jpg

Monique, Nederlands Openlucht Museum? I think recognize the mill, but it is long ago that we were there.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Cassel said:

You bet and my admission tickets too when I have something that I can use them on. I love to use the few scripts that I made and will have to think what I can do next. But that will have to wait until I'm back from my trip and photoalbum etc.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Monique, Nederlands Openlucht Museum? I think recognize the mill, but it is long ago that we were there.

Yes, it is! We visit this museum regulary, wel ove it there 🙂

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Project 3. A bit late with this one .Puppies again I am afraid ! 5 weeks old on here, growing fast and now exploring time out of the whelping box under the watchful eye of Mum.  I have used Gina Jones Fido elements and papers along with Nit Wits papers. I have duplicated the flower and  layered them .Hope everyone is having as much fun as me !

DAY 7 PROJECT 3 glitter600 jpeg.jpg

I have just realised that my selections of the green  and the stripped paper have feathered edges. It was not my intention but the fact I did not check if feathering was on! another lesson learnt ..

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I see you used a loopy stitching element to show the bee's flight path. What a good idea! Thank you!!

Ann, thank you.

The Bees flight path came from Marisa Lerin at Digital Scrapbook. I searched their pages for anything bee-related, and a few different flight paths are available.

Jeni

Day 9

This was fun again 🙂

One day we came across the same mill and the "wings" were gone. It took some while to repair (high costs) but now it is again in it's full glory 🙂

I used some elements found on Creative Fabrica, all Dutch things this country is famous for. The waffle is a "stroopwafel" as we call it.

Papers where all in my stash. Font is Holland 😉 and Hot mustard (The thick one)

I totally forgot how we learned in previous bootcamps to add an edge around a photo with the magic wand, I tend to use mats 🙂 Was a good reminder 🙂

🙂

Dag 9-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

@Cassel: I played around with it but it took a lot of attention away from the already super dark photos. I think it is a great technique: many thanks for showing it to us! I ended up not saving it as a jpg just as a layered file, so it never made imgur or this place but if you like I can show it here. As I said, wouldn't want to miss that entry 😄

• Like 1

@Bill Pearson That is a great composition with all those stars. You also used the pinking technique in an interesting way!

@Jeni Simpson You will see that the pinking technique can become addictive! You can use the same technique with different shapes and settings for different end results. I also feel like those very thin photos are unusual but work very well.

@Barbara CaultonBe very afraid. Puppies again!??? 🙂 Go ahead, show us as many puppies photos as you want. You will always have fans here. One question I have about your shadows is what color do you use? I suspect that you EITHER use grey (instead of black) or you have a very low opacity (which makes the black look grey). That seems most obvious on the paper shadows (not the photos) and they look fuzzy. Is that just on the resized version? Or is that just the feathered edges?

@MoniqueN.Those three photos are a great way to display a single photo. I might use that approach at some point because it really focus on the detail you want to showcase. Wow! windmill without the wings looks so "naked"! I see some missing shadows. Maybe they are just hidden? One on the blue strip and the top photo.

@Rodney Boyd It took me a while to notice the bees you added to the individual photos, but that is a great detail to add. 

@Linda J Walker If you have elements that don't seem to match, you can try just adjusting the colors so you might not have to search too long. If you like the patterns or the textures, you can control the colors!

@bina greene No need to send the layout. I was just curious if you just felt it was not suitable for the theme or the vision.

Tomorrow, you should receive the link to the last project of the Bootcamp, however, you still have the whole weekend (plus Monday) to catch up if you have not done all the projects so far. As I said many times, this is not a speed contest and the goal is just for you to become more comfortable using your program while showcasing some photos and stories. Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Bill Pearson That is a great composition with all those stars. You also used the pinking technique in an interesting way!

@Jeni Simpson You will see that the pinking technique can become addictive! You can use the same technique with different shapes and settings for different end results. I also feel like those very thin photos are unusual but work very well.

@Barbara CaultonBe very afraid. Puppies again!??? 🙂 Go ahead, show us as many puppies photos as you want. You will always have fans here. One question I have about your shadows is what color do you use? I suspect that you EITHER use grey (instead of black) or you have a very low opacity (which makes the black look grey). That seems most obvious on the paper shadows (not the photos) and they look fuzzy. Is that just on the resized version? Or is that just the feathered edges?

@MoniqueN.Those three photos are a great way to display a single photo. I might use that approach at some point because it really focus on the detail you want to showcase. Wow! windmill without the wings looks so "naked"! I see some missing shadows. Maybe they are just hidden? One on the blue strip and the top photo.

@Rodney Boyd It took me a while to notice the bees you added to the individual photos, but that is a great detail to add. 

@Linda J Walker If you have elements that don't seem to match, you can try just adjusting the colors so you might not have to search too long. If you like the patterns or the textures, you can control the colors!

@bina greene No need to send the layout. I was just curious if you just felt it was not suitable for the theme or the vision.

Tomorrow, you should receive the link to the last project of the Bootcamp, however, you still have the whole weekend (plus Monday) to catch up if you have not done all the projects so far. As I said many times, this is not a speed contest and the goal is just for you to become more comfortable using your program while showcasing some photos and stories. Keep it up!

@Cassel Thank you for the observation re the shadows, I could have both problems ! I will check. Re the fuzzy edges. I couldn't understand why then suddenly I realized it was the feathered edge that was on but it was too late as I had all ready posted it !  But again thank you for the observation I really appreciate all the help.

• Like 1