What are you working on (in March 2024)?

Cassel

Cooper on title, Hollywood Starfire on body.  

I'm a big fan of these simplistic, minimal layouts and I don't mind uniformity in albums, so I often use the same 3 or four layouts for one album. Mostly grids 😉

edit: I was a whole decade off and had to change this... 

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

We are like to 2 peas in a pod,  I won the Periodical script the other week, and you won the zig zag script.  We have both showcased photos using  our winnings within a day of each other. Not only that Carole has  featured  examples of our frames  in this weeks blog.  Coincidence or what!! 🙂

Exactly my thoughts, this is becoming uncanny!

• Love 3

18 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I will often use techniques, layouts, even get inspiration from  previous workshops, when showcasing photos.  As a diamond member  you  can access these workshops at any time for a refresher of any of the techniques  etc used.  Lovely photo of the brown rabbit, it resembles the little brown rabbits we get, and not a hare. The ears are the main giveaway. 

It's funny, I know I have access to the workshops and yet I still wait for them to come around.  I guess I like doing it with a group.  But I think after the Build A Kit it might be a good idea to have a go at the Text Workshop again.  

• Like 4

Has anyone done Paper cutting?   Several weeks ago I bought a Paper cutting kit from Amazon.  It is an ancient chinese art.   I started out practicing on the butterfly, then I got a bit adventurous, and did the  easter eggs.  I have a long way to go before I'm competent at it.  Especially when it comes to cutting out circles.  At present I'm using cheap photo copying paper.  Once I'm happy with what I can do, I'd like to do some cutting out on cards.   It's a bit late  now, as winter will soon be over.  But I'm looking forward to spending more  time on it next winter.

20240328_083625.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

It's funny, I know I have access to the workshops and yet I still wait for them to come around.  I guess I like doing it with a group.  But I think after the Build A Kit it might be a good idea to have a go at the Text Workshop again.  

It's always nice to take part in the workshops,  where everyone can interact with each other, over ideas, approaches to  different techniques and  such, whilst giving support and encouragement when needed.   I will scroll through my challenge folders like I would the masterclasses and creative scrap/lab for ideas.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Has anyone done Paper cutting?   Several weeks ago I bought a Paper cutting kit from Amazon.  It is an ancient chinese art.   I started out practicing on the butterfly, then I got a bit adventurous, and did the  easter eggs.  I have a long to go before I'm competent at it.  Especially when it come to cutting out circles.  At present I'm using cheap phopt copy paper.  Once I'm happy with what I can do, I'd like to do some cutting out on cards.   It's a bit late  now, s winter will soon be over.  But I'm looking forward to spending more  on it next winter.

20240328_083625.jpg

Wow! they look fabulous.  I have in the past done cutting sort of like that, for a 3D element inside a Christmas card (in various years).  Nothing as elaborate as this though.  It must take a steady hand to do such tiny intricate details that the eggs have.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

It's funny, I know I have access to the workshops and yet I still wait for them to come around.  I guess I like doing it with a group.

I think it is just the difference between those who like to work alone and those who like to work with others. Both are right.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Has anyone done Paper cutting?   Several weeks ago I bought a Paper cutting kit from Amazon.  It is an ancient chinese art.   I started out practicing on the butterfly, then I got a bit adventurous, and did the  easter eggs.  I have a long way to go before I'm competent at it.  Especially when it comes to cutting out circles.  At present I'm using cheap photo copying paper.  Once I'm happy with what I can do, I'd like to do some cutting out on cards.   It's a bit late  now, as winter will soon be over.  But I'm looking forward to spending more  time on it next winter.

I used to do Decoupage with individual pieces cut and shaped to give a 3D effect. That was many moons ago. Now that I have a cutting machine, if I need to cut something, that is what I will use even though I still have my X-acto if I wanted to do some, by hand.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow! they look fabulous.  I have in the past done cutting sort of like that, for a 3D element inside a Christmas card (in various years).  Nothing as elaborate as this though.  It must take a steady hand to do such tiny intricate details that the eggs have.  

Yeah, with my shaky hands at times, paper cutting like this is a big no for me. I do have an older cutting machine that I could use if I wanted to do something like this. My handwriting has also gotten worse in the last 10 years. My formally pretty cursive handwriting is no longer pretty. So I do very little of anything with my hands that need precision!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Yeah, with my shaky hands at times, paper cutting like this is a big no for me. I do have an older cutting machine that I could use if I wanted to do something like this. My handwriting has also gotten worse in the last 10 years. My formally pretty cursive handwriting is no longer pretty. So I do very little of anything with my hands that need precision!

Ageing is so cruel isnt it?  When our "headspace" is finally at it's best, the rest of the body is falling apart.  

• Like 3

On 3/27/2024 at 9:00 PM, bina greene said:

Cooper on title, Hollywood Starfire on body.  

I'm a big fan of these simplistic, minimal layouts and I don't mind uniformity in albums, so I often use the same 3 or four layouts for one album. Mostly grids 😉

edit: I was a whole decade off and had to change this... 

spacer.png

Very nice layout, Bina!

I didn't win anything, I haven't taken any photos, and I have not dropped off the face of the earth! Just haven't had much time to play/work with PSP. I do check the Forum and enjoy seeing the creative work and effort that go into the layouts.

I made an Easter greeting card for folks I won't see over the weekend. And I made a baby layout for a friend for whom it's the first great-grand. She needs cheering b/c her daughter-in-law died rather suddenly around the same time as her granddaughter gave birth to the child. It's a bittersweet time for their family.

Happy Easter to all! Hope there's lots of chocolate in your weekend!

Donna new greatgrand_600.jpg

easter 600.jpg

• Love 7

On 3/28/2024 at 10:28 AM, Susan Ewart said:

No kidding! A steady hand and so much patience. But Sue has lots of that given her time spent waiting for the perfect shot in the out of doors!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 3/28/2024 at 7:00 PM, Rene Marker said:

Rene I have the same problem and nowadays my handwriting is so terrible that I use the pc to print address labels otherwise I'm afraid the postal services are not able to read the addresses and the postman/woman has a hard time delivering my letters. Getting older isn't always plain sailing but it is what it is, so keep smiling! As long my head and thinking stays in tact I can live with a lot of the aging problems.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I had to send a couple of Estercards through the post and I have made this one in the 3 languages I needed. I used a card idea from the Card Workshop and made the background with a Quatrefoil overlay that I had done sometime ago. The eggs and bunnies come from different easter themed sets I have in my stash for quite a long time and I think they were a freebie from CF.

I wish you all a happy Easter weekend if you celebrate it and otherwise have a nice weekend too.

Pasen-2024-600.jpg

• Love 8

Talking about aging, and  all that it entails, I created this page last night, bar for the phrase strips I wanted to do.   For the life of me I couldn't remember the word I was looking for.  I knew it's meaning and in what context I was going to use it.  This morning out of the blue It came to me, dextrous.  I immediately wrote it down.  Now the page is complete.  I consider myself very lucky in the fact that I'm  fit and healthy. I do have to wear cheap magnifying glasses, which I have dotted all around the place, inside and out, purly for reading.   If my arms were a little longer I wouldn't need them.  I have noticed that I am getting forgetful. As Corrie says aging is what it is.  We have to accept getting older and  don't let it stand in our way.   The ground squirrels tolerate me laying amongst them, they still have an imaginary boundery, which I don't cross.  I have bought them a bag of  rabbit pellets, which they are enjoying. I haven't seen them today, eveywhere is white, although it has stopped snowing now.

Now then, my page.  I creared phrase strips, used Carole's page punches again.  Created a date stamp.  For the scalloped edges and the  cut out dots around the background paper I used several techniques, all of which you will find the many turorials in the creative scrap/lab.  Multi scallops, double scallops, scalloped mat.  I also used a paper template, which I colourized to my liking and sized it down.  Carole did a masterclass on  paper templates, one of the best classes she has done. Paper templates suits me as I am not a fan of using patterned papers.  I used the same technique which I have given tips on for the  round photo, with it's cut out frame.

Ground squirrels dexterity.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

5 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I had to send a couple of Estercards through the post and I have made this one in the 3 languages I needed. I used a card idea from the Card Workshop and made the background with a Quatrefoil overlay that I had done sometime ago. The eggs and bunnies come from different easter themed sets I have in my stash for quite a long time and I think they were a freebie from CF.

I wish you all a happy Easter weekend if you celebrate it and otherwise have a nice weekend too.

Pasen-2024-600.jpg

Before I read your comment, I recognized the layout.  The card workshop was before Xmas, and I used all snowmen, you have used Easter bunnies.  It pays to delve into the workshop folders for  inspiration and ideas. Something I do often.  Lovely page!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I didn't win anything, I haven't taken any photos, and I have not dropped off the face of the earth! Just haven't had much time to play/work with PSP. I do check the Forum and enjoy seeing the creative work and effort that go into the layouts.

I made an Easter greeting card for folks I won't see over the weekend. And I made a baby layout for a friend for whom it's the first great-grand. She needs cheering b/c her daughter-in-law died rather suddenly around the same time as her granddaughter gave birth to the child. It's a bittersweet time for their family.

easter 600.jpg

So sad Julie, for your friend.  I love the baby's expressions.  As always, a very beautiful layout.  Happy Easter to you.  and I've been meaning to ask, how's your eyes?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

easter 600.jpg

Great to see you back! 

• Like 2

Even though I did the original back in 2017 (starting from scratch), I spent a bunch of time editing it for this year. It has soooo many layers now. The fonts are Bernard MT Condensed, JLR Big Girl Bed, and KR Coffee Dings. In order to make it look aged, I duplicated the text layers and converted them to rasters. Then, grouping them into one, I used a grunge brush to erase portions. Carole mentioned recently how grouping makes it easy to resize multiple elements at once. I now use groups for lots of different things. I added the barista character from the game for my group members (they like it when I do that LOL).

large.FABDLBedandBreakfast!600.jpg.a02ddaaf0ea2436a6189af6ee24f5778.jpg

• Love 7

4 hours ago, Michele said:

Even though I did the original back in 2017 (starting from scratch), I spent a bunch of time editing it for this year. It has soooo many layers now. The fonts are Bernard MT Condensed, JLR Big Girl Bed, and KR Coffee Dings. In order to make it look aged, I duplicated the text layers and converted them to rasters. Then, grouping them into one, I used a grunge brush to erase portions. Carole mentioned recently how grouping makes it easy to resize multiple elements at once. I now use groups for lots of different things. I added the barista character from the game for my group members (they like it when I do that LOL).

It certainly looks as if it has weathered the arrow of time.  Also time is change, not only on our planet but  in the  universe, everything goes through  decay and eventaully  dies.   You have done a superb job in  achieveing that  in PSP.   

• Like 2
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Talking about aging, and  all that it entails, I created this page last night, bar for the phrase strips I wanted to do.   For the life of me I couldn't remember the word I was looking for.  I knew it's meaning and in what context I was going to use it.  This morning out of the blue It came to me, dextrous.  I immediately wrote it down.  Now the page is complete.  I consider myself very lucky in the fact that I'm  fit and healthy. I do have to wear cheap magnifying glasses, which I have dotted all around the place, inside and out, purly for reading.   If my arms were a little longer I wouldn't need them.  I have noticed that I am getting forgetful. As Corrie says aging is what it is.  We have to accept getting older and  don't let it stand in our way.   The ground squirrels tolerate me laying amongst them, they still have an imaginary boundery, which I don't cross.  I have bought them a bag of  rabbit pellets, which they are enjoying. I haven't seen them today, eveywhere is white, although it has stopped snowing now.

Now then, my page.  I creared phrase strips, used Carole's page punches again.  Created a date stamp.  For the scalloped edges and the  cut out dots around the background paper I used several techniques, all of which you will find the many turorials in the creative scrap/lab.  Multi scallops, double scallops, scalloped mat.  I also used a paper template, which I colourized to my liking and sized it down.  Carole did a masterclass on  paper templates, one of the best classes she has done. Paper templates suits me as I am not a fan of using patterned papers.  I used the same technique which I have given tips on for the  round photo, with it's cut out frame.

Ground squirrels dexterity.jpg

Sue - in addition to the information about squirrels, this is a really great layout.  I like the cutout frame on the top layer background; the cutout of the top picture, the faded date stamp, each of the journaling strips (I remember that one of the labs (I think) about telling a story in strips). I love everything about this layout!  You are an inspiration.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

Michelle, thanks for the ideas on grouping and the use of screw heads.  And, as is usual, you use many layers. I see smudges on the background of the "poster" also and in different colors. My mojo has been lacking this month and I really appreciate the inspiration you and others have given.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1