Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

1 hour ago, Jen Brown said:

Lesson 5 done! I found these photos of Kingfishers on Pixabay and they reminded me of the Kingfishers that regularly visit our pool. They are beautiful birds.

jmb Lesson 5 600.jpg

They are beautiful. We have only one variety of this bird in SW Ontario, the belted kingfisher and they're not as colourful as these (white, blue, grey). Would love to see any of them near my yard!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:37 AM, Julie Magerka said:

Regular Template #5. Took a few liberties with this one and changed some elements. All pix from Unsplash, as usual.

I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with all the layouts in this workshop. So many and so much variety and creativity. Carole must be up all night looking at them and commenting. Applause to y'all!

2024 Jan Templ 5 SBC meerkat_600.jpg

Love the layout, Julie!

I haven't been here for many days, so I am also trying to keep up with the layouts... Everyone has been so busy and has created great pages!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I didnt know that, about the bug.  What is the script called?

I don't think it is PSP that that is causing this. As long as I pay attention when I save my work everything is ok. Only when I'm in a hurry and just click save, assuming I'm on the right spot then it can go the wrong way. A script would be handy though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

Beautiful layout, Corrie!

We also had the same weather: icy roads and streets... Schools were closed, and people were advised on the radio to stay home. We follow the advice. 🙂 

Cristina thank you and over here in the night from last Sunday on Monday all the snow (we had less then you got) melted away and the temperatures are now + 12C, but with a stormy wind and some showers. I was happy to go for a walk today as I always do on Tuesdays with a friend; we are doing that for almost 20 years now!

• Love 2

I have had a lot of fun with this Workshop and learned so much. Unfortunately, for the next week, I will be without a Windows computer. I will miss working in PaintShop very much, but my daughter has a full schedule of things to do in Fredericksburg. I am hoping to get some great pictures! 

I made a quick roadtrip template. Thanks to our vector workshop, I was able to make a little car that sort of looks like our Toyota. The map is from Google.

See you in a week.😪

trip.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

I have had a lot of fun with this Workshop and learned so much. Unfortunately, for the next week, I will be without a Windows computer. I will miss working in PaintShop very much, but my daughter has a full schedule of things to do in Fredericksburg. I am hoping to get some great pictures! 

I made a quick roadtrip template. Thanks to our vector workshop, I was able to make a little car that sort of looks like our Toyota. The map is from Google.

See you in a week.😪

trip.jpg

Have a fabulous trip Donna.  I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your adventures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Template 6. Changed the layout by moving the title to the bottom, moving the pictures up, adding a journal sheet, and removing some of the elements replacing them with my own elements. I had fun – and learned something new – to put a paper on top of the textured layer and working with the blend mode and the opacity of the paper layer.  Great stuff!!  The title is Annie Tobin’s font (she was such a wonderful lady) which I glittered and innerbevelled.  The heart in the top left corner is from CF and I innerbevelled it.  The bow I made with Cassel’s Bow 2 script. The Santa sign is from my stash as is the poinsettia cluster in the bottom left corner. The star tube is from Cassel.  The pictures are from scanning 1991 35m prints.  They were in bad shape and I used every trick that PSP has (well almost).  I had forgotten about fade correction, but Cassel reminded us of that tool and I used it and de-noised it to the max and sharpening it to the max.  The difference is amazing.

That trip was special and finding it was such a gift.  You can't imagine - as we went down the road into the town, it was dark - everything was closed up tight - no lights - off to the left at a distance was an oil drum that seemed to have a fire in it - something that the people on the road in the depression might have used to keep warm or cook food - the scene was really eerie.  Dolores really wanted to turn back, but I just felt we had to go further.  And then, when we turned that corner it was like Judy Garland opening the door into Oz - from blah to radiant color.  I will never forget it.

2024 Template 6_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 8

Lesson 6 done! We have a flock of about 10 Hadedas that visit us every day and most times spend the day in our garden. They are large birds (about 76 cm (30 in) long) and very noisy. Their call sounds like their name HA - DE - DA. When they make a noise, don't even try talking because someone standing in front of you won't even be able to hear you. I love these birds.

jmb Lesson 6-600.jpg

Edited by Jen Brown
  • Like 3
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Jen Brown said:

Lesson 6 done! We have a flock of about 10 Hadedas that visit us every day and most times spend the day in our garden. They are large birds (about 76 cm (30 in) long) and very noisy. Their call sounds like their name HA - DE - DA. When they make a noise, don't even try talking because someone standing in front of you won't even be able to hear you. I love these birds.

jmb Lesson 6-600.jpg

You are so lucky.  I would love this!  I had a Merlin in my yard on Sunday.  I was most excited.  He/She came, sat, pooped, and left.  But we watched for about 15 minutes.  I can never get enough of birds.  Your layout is beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Here is my take on day 7. I kept hem hawing about what to do for this one.  I got lucky and got the picks in my yard this morning.  The squirrels were really active today. Yesterday we had freezing rain from about 3AM  to noon.  I did not go anywhere.

my day 7  600 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8

I just wanted to say Thanks to Cassel for this great workshop. I have learned so much.  I never ceases to amaze me seeing all the wonderfully creative and different takes everyone has posted from the same few templates. Well done everyone.  I will be sure to keep checking in for a few days too.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Day 7

I changed the template completely (started with the Diamond Day 7 template).  the little tag is where the journal spot was and the title is in the same spot as the template.  I did add shadows but they arent going to be visible, except on the screwhead.  I originally wanted to use a label to cover up the alligator clip but thought it would look more "specimen-y" with it. the title and the outer frame have an inner bevel. Filled with a gradient (all the frames) and a pattern called Black Gold for the fill in the title.

Fonts used: Herkings (Creative Fabrica), and Arial (Windows)

Tag: my tag from the Vector Workshop (highly recommend this workshop!)

Thank you Carole for another wonderful workshop.  I'm always so delighted to re-remember the things I forgot from the last time through.  I saw so many beautiful and inspiring layouts and often thought; "that's awesome, why didn't I think of that"? 

TempWS Day 7 - Speciman-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

On 1/20/2024 at 9:21 AM, Harmony Birch said:

Actually the Clip-to-it is a paid for script and $6 may not seem like much but I am actually in a month where I simply don't have $6 to spare
Harmony

Yes, I understood it was free too, but it is listed as a paying script. Unfortunately our exchange rate is very cruel so I am going for the the long way too. Its good practice.  

7 hours ago, Shirley said:

Yes, I understood it was free too, but it is listed as a paying script. Unfortunately our exchange rate is very cruel so I am going for the the long way too. Its good practice.  

I did not purchase it either, mostly because I don't think I would use it much except for in these challenges, so I am glad Cassel reminded us how to do it the long way.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

You are so lucky.  I would love this!  I had a Merlin in my yard on Sunday.  I was most excited.  He/She came, sat, pooped, and left.  But we watched for about 15 minutes.  I can never get enough of birds.  Your layout is beautiful.

When the Merlin comes to my yard, she/he is looking for the small birds as a snack. And they are drawn here by the feeders. I feel guilty facilitating the predator.

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

When the Merlin comes to my yard, she/he is looking for the small birds as a snack. And they are drawn here by the feeders. I feel guilty facilitating the predator.

I know, I feel the guilt too.  At work one time (there is floor to ceiling windows in parts of the warehouse) we were working in front of the windows and there was rabbits with babies and we were so delighted at seeing it. Then, the ravens came and they were picking off the babies and dropping them from high.  One staff ran out and picked up a baby but it passed in her hands.  We were horrified.  I love ravens and I love bunnies.  I get the whole circle of life thing, but I don't have to like it or watch it unfold.  I moved to where I couldn't see out the window.

• Like 2