Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

37 minutes ago, Cassel said:

How did you resize the image? Do you remember what mode you used?

I thought I used the 600x600 pixels. When I went back I see that it said bicubic so then I tried smart but it did not improve the quality. I just don't know what settings are appropriate.

9 minutes ago, Alice Daniel said:

I thought I used the 600x600 pixels. When I went back I see that it said bicubic so then I tried smart but it did not improve the quality. I just don't know what settings are appropriate.

How big is your "original" file? (in MB)

One of my favorite topics is my beautiful niece, Mikayla, and her finance, Joey. She has graciously shared her photos, including her wedding dress which I will not use. I made the heart background using one of my shimmer papers, the ellipse background was made with gmic filter and the rectangle from a FF linen seamless pattern. I lowered the opacity on the dots. The font is Morning Love from Creative Fabrica. 

dsMikaylaandJoey.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 9

2 minutes ago, Alice Daniel said:

That maybe is the problem--it was only 587 KB

That is unusually small. Maybe when you resized it, you sized up.

You might have to start over, using the full-size template, 3600x3600 pixels. Hopefully, it was not too hard.

Great lesson. Easy to follow though choosing papers was tricky... the more scrap kits you have the harder it is to select down to something specific. I didn't use the dots as they were just too much because of the busy papers I was using. And I lifted the text bar above the photo circle as the bottom of the picture had a ribbed textured fabric in another colour palette so it had to go and hiding it behind the text bar seemed the easiest solution. Font is Cotton Candies and the papers are from kits by CathyK and LilyFee. Looking forward to another template tomorrow. Sharon

TP lesson1 sharon (small).jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 15

large.2023122JudyatSweetFrogcass-Template1b600.jpg.c3149fb8b53afe21b9450e6feddf9aa6.jpg

I just used this template for the wedding layouts. Here it is for ice cream which was reallly frozen yogurt. The text is wordart...I can't find where it came from...I did add a bevel. Scollop paper is from Digital Scrapbooking and even though, I just used it, I now can't find who created it.

• Like 9
  • Love 11

Great to see everyone. Overall, over 100 people have registered. I wonder how many layouts we will see. We are always eager to see your projects, but also to know a bit more about it, so if you want to add some information about the photo, the story, the event, etc., we would love to read. And if you have comments about the tutorial, a tip you learned, or something you discovered, everyone would love to know too, so don't be shy! 

@Nel Kempersto That paper on the left is very suited with those primates' photo.

@France Rivest Bienvenue au Campus! Who is this cute face?

@Jen Brown Great header for Facebook. Will you post it on your FB page?

@Randy You worked hard and used many techniques. The result is great!

@Alice Daniel I hope you can figure out what happened to your project. If you are still stuck, don't hesitate to post about it. We are all here to help.

@Ann Seeber That is such an interesting font for an architect's firm!

@Louyse Toupin That kit is so well suited for a winter layout!

@Donna Sillia That is definitely a great photo to showcase!

@sharon thompson I LOVE that quote, and that dog is adorable. Is that yours?

@Bonnie Ballentine Is that at one of your regular after-pickleball ice cream get-together?

@Emerald Jay That background paper with variegated colors is lovely!

@Royanne Hewko It might be just me but it seems like the 2024 overlapping the photo seems a bit out of order. Do you see that? 🙂

@Steven Garthwaite Those snowballs are great!!! I would suggest you be careful with resizing the photo. Jenny will have a headache from being squished a bit 😉

If you have not posted yet, don't worry. I'll be back tomorrow and will review whatever you will post! Keep them coming! You are all inspiring each others.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Les Cook said:

i know it is just me... but I cannot find the lesson anywhere... i have downloaded the template, but i cannot find the instructions on what to do next... sorry... Les

The lesson should be on the same page as where you downloaded the template. Isn't there a video on that page?

• Like 1

Ohhhh, I could not see it before.  I know I clicked on that big main image before when I was looking for it, but you have to click right in the middle of that image.  I have it now.  Thank you!  My eyesight is not the best anymore.

• Like 2

Day One: 

I came across this solitary rose one mild November day. A few days later, it was frosty and the vibrant beauty of this flower had gone. I was glad I’d had my camera and caught the moment.

The font is Corbel. The papers are from Jessica Dunn’s Hope Mini Kit.

Nov Rose600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 11

Day one

Yesterday we had a tiny, tiny bit of snow with temperatures between -2 C at night and +2 C in the daytime. Here in the Netherlands we don't get snow every year and today was sunny; so I took some photos and used one of those for this day 1 layout. The kit I used is a favorite of mine and is called Winter Morning by DBMagnolia for the Blogtrain January 2022. I didn't use the layer with the circles, hided it and added a new raster layer with snowflakes made with a brush. The font is Fantasy Magist a freebie by Creative Fabrica (one of their everyday freebies) 

Template-Workshop-day1-600.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 11

For Cassel re query about the dog in my layout. No, the dog is not mine. My mother lived with me for the last 20 years of her life and she was extremely afraid of dogs since she was badly mauled by one when she was young. After she died, I thought about getting a dog but arthritis was causing increasing mobility problems and I believe that if you cannot care for a dog properly, including walking it a couple of times a day, you should not own one. So, I am "grandma" to all my friends' and neighbors' dogs. I give great cuddles and have an inexhaustible supply of bacon flavored doggie snacks.  Sharon

• Like 4
  • Love 1