And here is the book!!!!

Cassel

JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!! 
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww    It turned out so GREAT! I knew all your hard work would be awesome, but I could not wait to see how Staples turned out! It is truly magical!!!! It's amazing how REALLY GREAT this turned out! I  especially like the glossy effect....and I think the size of the type turned out just right.  It was well worth the wait. Love it, Cassel...JUST LOVE IT!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

That's so beautiful and touching.  As you said he is reserved and might not cry, but I sure did.  Thank you for sharing such a personal gift.  I would love to know about the ordering process. Do you choose the type of book (binding style, soft or hard cover, matte or glossy etc) and the type of paper and is it templates you put your layouts into?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

That's so beautiful and touching.  As you said he is reserved and might not cry, but I sure did.  Thank you for sharing such a personal gift.  I would love to know about the ordering process. Do you choose the type of book (binding style, soft or hard cover, matte or glossy etc) and the type of paper and is it templates you put your layouts into?  

If it were the Netherlands, I could answer yes to all your questions, because the printing service I use over here has all that options and I have used them very often.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I would love to know about the ordering process. Do you choose the type of book (binding style, soft or hard cover, matte or glossy etc) and the type of paper and is it templates you put your layouts into? 

Online, they have a few pre-made templates, but I chose to start from scratch so it was just a blank canvas. I had each image sized to 2400x2400 pixels (8x8 inches) and just imported them one by one. The text was also saved on a 2400x2400 canvas. I didn't really have many other options though, but I was able to start with the hard-cover (I think there is a softcover option). Also, it might not show much on the video, because I had forgotten about it, but the title is also on the side of the book. It is not very thick so quite subtle!

So that was the process for Staples. I think it might be different for different services. I could have gone with Shutterfly or others, but at this time of year, I was afraid it would take longer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Clarine said:

I think you should get it published for libraries and such. 

The format is not the easiest to get published on platforms like Amazon (like my other books), and I am not sure he would want his photos published further. In his line of work, it is not "safe" so to speak.

However, I was thinking that maybe someone would want a SIMILAR book with their photos. However, since every photo has to be edited for the out-of-bound effect, that would vary from photo to photo so it is not like I could sell a template to Staples for example. But yes, I was also wondering if anyone else would have wanted a book of that sort, if/how I could offer it. The text would also have to change based on the photos. We'll see. Maybe I will get some requests and if so, I'll go from there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Online, they have a few pre-made templates, but I chose to start from scratch so it was just a blank canvas. I had each image sized to 2400x2400 pixels (8x8 inches) and just imported them one by one. The text was also saved on a 2400x2400 canvas. I didn't really have many other options though, but I was able to start with the hard-cover (I think there is a softcover option). Also, it might not show much on the video, because I had forgotten about it, but the title is also on the side of the book. It is not very thick so quite subtle!

So that was the process for Staples. I think it might be different for different services. I could have gone with Shutterfly or others, but at this time of year, I was afraid it would take longer.

Thank you, this is good info.  I like that there is a blank option to start from.