And here is the book!!!!

Cassel

A lovely present Carole and I like the consistency in the style of the photos. I have made a photobook as a present this Christmas for my husband and his brothers of memories of their late mother. We have so many photos of her so it is nice to have one record of the best of them. The skills I have been learning at the Campus, for which I am grateful, have been put into practice.  I just hope the photobook doesn't upset them at Christmas time.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

A lovely present Carole and I like the consistency in the style of the photos. I have made a photobook as a present this Christmas for my husband and his brothers of memories of their late mother. We have so many photos of her so it is nice to have one record of the best of them. The skills I have been learning at the Campus, for which I am grateful, have been put into practice.  I just hope the photobook doesn't upset them at Christmas time.

That's a beautiful gesture Fiona.  And if tears are shed it will be tear of love for their mother.  I think they will be very happy and grateful for your thoughtful present.

• Like 3

This beautiful book will be read over and over. Pete's daughter in law prints off the photos they have taken as a family in a simple soft cover book monthly ( she has some sort of subscription she uploads to with a set quantity of pictures) and her two young children love to go through them over and over and over. Your magnificent creation is much more elaborate and a consistent story line that Xavier will learn to read from as well!  Your talent shines as glossy as those pages! Priceless. Thanks for sharing with us. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is a special gift to your son-in-law, and it will be something Xavier will love to see when he gets older to understand more.  Beautiful work!  The photos are great with the techniques you used, but for me, the journaling is what stands out... So, so creative!

I like the size you used (8x8), and I have been thinking of starting to scrap in a different size than 12x12 so it will be easier to have it printed. 

In one newsletter, Lynn Grieveson, a designer from The Lilypad, mentioned she used to print 10x10 at Persnickety and then at Shutterfly, but the former discontinued the size, and the latter had to start charging too much for international deliveries... She lives in New Zealand. 

Now, she prints 8x10 (i.e., portrait orientation), which is close to letter size A4, but she still sells her designs in 12x12 format. 

Since then, I have been thinking of changing it, too; I haven't yet decided which size.

• Love 2

6 hours ago, Cristina said:

This is a special gift to your son-in-law, and it will be something Xavier will love to see when he gets older to understand more.  Beautiful work!  The photos are great with the techniques you used, but for me, the journaling is what stands out... So, so creative!

I like the size you used (8x8), and I have been thinking of starting to scrap in a different size than 12x12 so it will be easier to have it printed. 

In one newsletter, Lynn Grieveson, a designer from The Lilypad, mentioned she used to print 10x10 at Persnickety and then at Shutterfly, but the former discontinued the size, and the latter had to start charging too much for international deliveries... She lives in New Zealand. 

Now, she prints 8x10 (i.e., portrait orientation), which is close to letter size A4, but she still sells her designs in 12x12 format. 

Since then, I have been thinking of changing it, too; I haven't yet decided which size.

Cristina, I thought of this topic too but couldn't decide on which size to use. So, I use different sizes depending on the use I want. If it is only for here in the Campus then it doesn't matter. On the other hand if I want to print at home, mostly for cards, I use a size that my printer can handle. When I want it printed at a printing service I use the sizes they prefer.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Cristina, I thought of this topic too but couldn't decide on which size to use. So, I use different sizes depending on the use I want. If it is only for here in the Campus then it doesn't matter. On the other hand if I want to print at home, mostly for cards, I use a size that my printer can handle. When I want it printed at a printing service I use the sizes they prefer.  

I guess I will start with 8x10, following her tips on how to do it, sometimes adapting a template, and see how I feel about it.

But not anytime soon. 🙂  First, I have lots of unfinished layouts from workshops, etc.

• Love 1