What are you working on (in December 2023)?

Cassel

13 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Fiona I'm very happy you opted to choose my Christmas frame that was done for a frame challenge last year and all those frames were a gift in the Christmas Countdown of last year. And believe it or not I just made a greeting out of that frame. You will see it here, I'm going to upload it now, 

Thank you Corrie. Your card is so elegant.

• Thanks 1

@Ann Seeber   @Susan Ewart No, the one trip I was on where I could have gone into Yellowstone, it was rain/snow that spring and Laurie was experiencing trouble with the altitude, so we skipped it.  However, my mother had been there and had pictures that I have seen, but I don't know where her photo book that has them is.  I had wanted to include her picture of Old Faithful in this layout, but couldn't find that photo book.  I'm going to do Z is for Zoo and do pictures of the Memphis Zoo.  I understand that one of your granddaughters works in the zoo in California.

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Ann Seeber   @Susan Ewart No, the one trip I was on where I could have gone into Yellowstone, it was rain/snow that spring and Laurie was experiencing trouble with the altitude, so we skipped it.  However, my mother had been there and had pictures that I have seen, but I don't know where her photo book that has them is.  I had wanted to include her picture of Old Faithful in this layout, but couldn't find that photo book.  I'm going to do Z is for Zoo and do pictures of the Memphis Zoo.  I understand that one of your granddaughters works in the zoo in California.

@Mary Solaas You're right that one of my granddaughters is a zookeeper but it is here on the East Coast, in Lake Ariel, PA. It is called Claws N Paws Animal Park and is really more of a tourist attraction than a true zoo. 

361875268_10222855890932991_2491832825829211370_n.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • WOW 1
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

@Mary Solaas You're right that one of my granddaughters is a zookeeper but it is here on the East Coast, in Lake Ariel, PA. It is called Claws N Paws Animal Park and is really more of a tourist attraction than a true zoo. 

361875268_10222855890932991_2491832825829211370_n.jpg

Oh man, what is a better job than this?  At work when we see rabbits or occasional coyote, my co-working and I are always saying how we want to get our face right up in the fur...well, your g'daughter gets to do just this.  Thanks for sharing.  My hubby is most jealous.   

• Haha 2
  • Love 2

I think this is the last Christmas theme of the year!

The template is from CD, the font is Nomah, presents from a Corel picture tube, and my sequin picture tube. Do you think the sequins were too much? I was going to delete them, but I ran out of time and had to post it to my group with only seconds to spare. 

large.Christmas!!!!T0102600.jpg.0b6af4737a3c5ff2e6dc32b7e6e1f147.jpg

• Love 8

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I think this is the last Christmas theme of the year!

The template is from CD, the font is Nomah, presents from a Corel picture tube, and my sequin picture tube. Do you think the sequins were too much? I was going to delete them, but I ran out of time and had to post it to my group with only seconds to spare. 

large.Christmas!!!!T0102600.jpg.0b6af4737a3c5ff2e6dc32b7e6e1f147.jpg

No, perfect as is. I saw this template somewhere and wondered how to use it. You've done it justice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I decided to share this silly pic.  That elf name etc was actually the first one I got when I clicked on it. I did not alter it at all.  What I want to know is how in the heck did they get a picture of me to use.    AH HA, it must have been from Santa.  The text is Santa-Ugly-Sweater-6018607 The free text on C F today 12/29.

wacky greenfeet 6.jpg

• Haha 5

My thoughts this morning: can you make a square circle?  So I started with a vector square, duplicated it (so I could show the transformation), and on the duplicate I used the nodes as symetric and made a circle - in a different fill color so that it could be seen; saved it as a pspimage, then as a png, and then as a jpg so I could show it here.

MLS Square Circle.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

My thoughts this morning: can you make a square circle?  So I started with a vector square, duplicated it (so I could show the transformation), and on the duplicate I used the nodes as symetric and made a circle - in a different fill color so that it could be seen; saved it as a pspimage, then as a png, and then as a jpg so I could show it here.

Finally, the way to fit a square peg into a round hole! 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1