What are you working on (in December 2023)?

Cassel

9 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Used one the Corel freebies to showcase this gorgeous winter photo by Nadia Povalinska, a friend of Heather Cox Richarson, the history professor I read daily on Substack and no, I didn't use the Selective Color script. 

WARM WISHES CARD_600.jpg

What a great card this would make.  

• Love 2

Today would have been my late hubby Frank's, 83rd birthday, so I created this for him. He's pictured at an outdoor restaurant on the beach at Acapulco, our favorite getaway. The textured background paper is labeled "texture25" and I changed the color to match the photo using the Change to Target tool. The frame is from Marisa Lerin, the punch is cass-CornersA-999-13, and the font is Bremen.

FRAN'S BIRTHDAY 12-11-2023_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Today would have been my late hubby Frank's, 83rd birthday, so I created this for him. He's pictured at an outdoor restaurant on the beach at Acapulco, our favorite getaway. The textured background paper is labeled "texture25" and I changed the color to match the photo using the Change to Target tool. The frame is from Marisa Lerin, the punch is cass-CornersA-999-13, and the font is Bremen.

FRAN'S BIRTHDAY 12-11-2023_600.jpg

That's a beautiful commemorative of your husband.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:32 AM, Sue Thomas said:

I put  this page in November by mistake.  I like  the gold.  I'm going to use this in  some of next year's festive cards, as the greeting/verse on the inside page.  It ill make for a novel layout. I will also be able change some of the wording, depending who the recipient of the card is going to be. 

Image1.jpg

I may save this one  or the other one I posted for next year's  Christmas countdown. Possibly by putting it to a vote. Thanks for all the loves, wows and likes.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

I may save this one  or the other one I posted for next year's  Christmas countdown. Possibly by putting it to a vote. Thanks for all the loves, wows and likes.

Oh man, we gotta wait a whole year!?  hahaha, it will make me wish for Christmas every day.  And thank you for the Countdown gift.  It's delight to click on the number and see that I'm getting your word art.  You have such a natural ability for word art design.  You would have been a brilliant Calligrapher. 

• Haha 1

Reading the blog 'how to create a festive snowglobe' gave me the idea for a birthday card (could double up as Christmas card) for a friend of mine who likes gonks. I made the gonk pictured by needlefelting, photographed him, cut him out with Smart Selection brush and the edit mode, adjusted his colour a bit and used him as the element for the snowglobe. A suggestion at the end of the instructions was to darken the edges. I used the Lighten and Darken tool but couldn't think how else to do that.

snowglobe_gonk.jpg

• Love 9

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of graphic work this month, personal cards and scraps for family, forums and PSP school. Most of it still with PI X3 but also frames with PSP. However, I have to switch to PI for plugins because the new PSP no longer allows external filters, as I read. I would have bought an older version if I had known this earlier. But with PI I can still switch if external filters need to be applied. Here is one of my newer PSP frames with a recent photo from our municipal Christmas market. The Tutorial is from here

DS-Weihnachtsmarkt-RahmenIII.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

And a happy Christmas to you all and looking forward to the new year. Thank you Carole and to all the inspirational work and comments. Here's one of my photos slightly festively adorned with freebies. Happy new year.

2023.jpg

Is that an English Robin?  So beautiful.  Merry Christmas to you and all in the Campus.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Is that an English Robin?  So beautiful.  Merry Christmas to you and all in the Campus.

I think I took the photo in Devon and retouched him a bit so yes, English. Very traditional on British Christmas cards but I was told (and hope the superstition is not believed anymore) that you shouldn't give a card to an older person as it signifies someone departing. I prefer to think 'when robins appear, loved ones are near' so you can take it either way, on earth or in heaven. Thank you Susan for your kind words re my photo book of my mother in law on the other forum.

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

I think I took the photo in Devon and retouched him a bit so yes, English. Very traditional on British Christmas cards but I was told (and hope the superstition is not believed anymore) that you shouldn't give a card to an older person as it signifies someone departing. I prefer to think 'when robins appear, loved ones are near' so you can take it either way, on earth or in heaven. Thank you Susan for your kind words re my photo book of my mother in law on the other forum.

You are most welcome for both and I'm going to take your que and go with "when robins appear, loved ones are near". 

3 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

This has nothing to do with Christmas, but what a show Mother Nature put on last night in Fairbanks.  These picks are from the web cam  about 1AM Alaska time this morning. https://explore.org/livecams/aurora-borealis-northern-lights/aurora-cam  

merged 6.jpg

These pics are spectatulare and I am not surprased when my friends arrive to Greenland to see it. 

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

On 12/20/2023 at 4:28 PM, fiona cook said:

And a happy Christmas to you all and looking forward to the new year. Thank you Carole and to all the inspirational work and comments. Here's one of my photos slightly festively adorned with freebies. Happy new year.

2023.jpg

Fiona I'm very happy you opted to choose my Christmas frame that was done for a frame challenge last year and all those frames were a gift in the Christmas Countdown of last year. And believe it or not I just made a greeting out of that frame. You will see it here, I'm going to upload it now, 

I have been rather busy and haven't been inside this tread for a while, so I'm not going to comment on every entree, but it was a joy to browse!

For all of you have a very good Christmas time, in which ever way you celebrate this time of the year. Thanks for all the inspiration, comments, friendship and support and may this continue in 2024!!!

X-mas_card01-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have been rather busy and haven't been inside this tread for a while, so I'm not going to comment on every entree, but it was a joy to browse!

For all of you have a very good Christmas time, in which ever way you celebrate this time of the year. Thanks for all the inspiration, comments, friendship and support and may this continue in 2024!!!

X-mas_card01-600.jpg

It can be a busy time of year.  I have enjoyed seeing everyone's post even if I don't always comment on them. 

• Like 3