Campus Dozen

Cassel

44 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Besides the campus, we mustn't forget the  books Carole has done on Kindle.  ( don't have those)  The one I do have is Tips and Tricks for PaintShop Pro.

I got both Kindle books when I first joined and I have the Tips and Tricks for PaintShop Pro book, too. It resides next to my laptop.

37 minutes ago, Michele said:

Here is my out-of-bound technique. One from the tutorial and the other for my gaming group.
https://scrapbookcampus.com/2019/01/out-of-bound-technique/

Horse Out of Bounds (2019_01_20 14_34_50 UTC).jpg

Horse Show 01 20 (2018_08_02 16_43_59 UTC) 600.jpg

OMG!  you eve have a perfect shadow on the rider and horse.  FABULOUS!  I really love the Friesen stallion above (presuming it's a stallion with that neck),.  it's my favorite horse breed, there was a farm with a stallion I drove by everyday when I lived in British Columbia (Canada, west coast).

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

A small correction: it is Tips and Tricks for PaintShop Pro, not Trips. I have the paperback version. I do see it is on Kindle, also.

I have the book, love paper.  I think I have it on kindle too on my computer, but I'm old school and perfect the pages of a book.  But the kindle has color so lets just have both to cover all the bases.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I have the book, love paper.  I think I have it on kindle too on my computer, but I'm old school and perfect the pages of a book.  But the kindle has color so lets just have both to cover all the bases.

I find paper better for researching something, and as you said, the Kindle has great color!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I downloaded Dozi's brushes, as suggested in Grunge Magic and I was mesmerized by the odd shapes. Using Dozi's Background 5, I just clicked it once, then clicked again next to that image, etc., until I had a pattern. Then, I copied and pasted that pattern repeatedly, until I had filled a page. It reminded me of some sort of energy field. So, I used the page I'd created as an overlay to a garden scene. I made the garden very bright and saturated, since I wanted it to be other-worldly. Then I adjusted the opacity of the energy field overlay to show that there's a barrier, but so it wasn't obscuring the garden. I call it Garden Seen Through Dimension Rift! Of course, I had to shrink it to fit on this venue, but I hope you can get the drift.

Garden seen through dimensional rift.jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW 1
  • Love 11

https://scrapbookcampus.com/promo/qp-workshop/lesson-4/

QUICKPAGE/BUSY BEE WORKSHOP -Day 4

I miss it the first time around and regreted it.  This workshop teaches you not only how to use a Quick Page, but how to manipulate it and add to it to make unique.  I've done it 3 times now.  This one is the first one I did in February 2022. I dont think I changed anything on it.  Or added anything.  I was still quite a newbie.

Day 4 QP Tension at the Pond-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

QUICK PAGE/BUSY BEE WORKSHOP  - Day 4  (not meant as counting toward my 10, just a comparison to my prev. one)

This was from May 2022 and I got brave and turned it on it's side.  Special thanks to Sue T. for pointing out the shadows were not quite right.  She got me through how to mirror and flip and all sorts of contortions to make it right.  I was grateful that learning opportunity.  

QP Day 4 Sumi ver 3.0-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2
  • Love 11

QUICKPAGE/BUSYBEE WORKSHOP - Day 4 (not meant as counting toward my 10)

Here, for comparison, I added text.  3 of the same page, three different looks.  This page is pretty as it is, but the other pages in the workshop I did drastic color changes.  It's a fun workshop, I highly recommend it.  this is from June 2023

Quick Page 4 Minter Gardens-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 10

27 minutes ago, Michele said:

There was a challenge in February 2018 called Love Story and this is Day 1. I can't find it anywhere, not even in the archives. Earlier in this topic @Cristina said it was redone as the Masks Workshop. 

Love Story Day 01 (2018_08_02 16_43_59 UTC) 600.jpg

Beautiful LO, beautiful woman. Beautiful tribute.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Michele said:

There was a challenge in February 2018 called Love Story and this is Day 1. I can't find it anywhere, not even in the archives. Earlier in this topic @Cristina said it was redone as the Masks Workshop. 

Love Story Day 01 (2018_08_02 16_43_59 UTC) 600.jpg

Hi Michele, ?  I remember this layout very well, and as Suzy said, it is a beautiful tribute to your mom. I love these watercolor flowers.

I checked it again, and it was called "Love Story until 2021, but Carole recorded new videos for the 2020 edition. Last year, it was renamed as Mask Workshop.

I took a fast look at the Archives for the first time and also didn't see this Challenge, as it was called before. I wonder if it was lost during the change to the new platform.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1