Campus Dozen

Cassel

spacer.png

A major part of the Scrapbook Campus is and has always been teaching. Since the very beginning, 12 years ago, we have offered tutorials and classes to help our members learn more about PaintShop Pro and digital scrapbooking. As part of our celebration, you are encouraged to show off what you have learned. In this thread (and this thread only), post projects you have completed, following at least one tutorial or class from the Campus. Here are the rules:

• ONE entry per post (don't post two or three images in a single post)
  • you need to LINK to the class, tutorial, or blog post that you learned from
  • you can post as many projects as you want but you can get a maximum of 10 entries
  • the random draw will take place on September 11th

Suggestions:

• make sure you resize your project images to 600 pixels before posting in the forum
  • if you can avoid posting all 10 entries at once, it will make us discover your work little by little; it is not necessary, but might be fun if you space your post a bit (Sept 6-10)

Now, let's have fun. Let's show off what has happened in the last 12 years. 

The first class I took was the Boot Camp, and the first actual layout was New Kid on the Block. This was actually the 3rd class, the first two being preparation, from laying out my workspace in Lesson One and learning Layers in Lesson Two with the famous Sandwich! Here is the lesson and my result. 

New Kid on the Block- 2020 Bootcamp-baby magic-600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 4
  • Love 12

Another Christmas webinar by Carole. This was from 2019 where we we shown how to make a transparent Bauble with an element inside. I love to make elements. The bow was made using one of Carole's bow scripts. The pine branch was using a tube from?? and the lights were tubes by Carole. The image of the Robin was my own photo. TFL.

Robin Ball resize-SGH-11-12-2019 .jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW 1
  • Love 13

This is a result of the SCRIPTING course https://scrapbookcampus.com/paintshop-pro-scripting-course/ I am currently taking.  This was in the beginning  (lesson 2 of 25 lessons).  Now I will be able to tweak the script to have the user choose their own color as we just learned how to make it interactive with the materials palette opening for the user to choose a color, pattern or gradient for each circle.  So cool!  We are now at lesson 7, I wonder what surprises await us.

practice script layout with color-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 8
  • WOW 2
  • Love 10

I've learned so, so much since I joined the Campus! And, no end in sight. ?

Here is a layout I created years ago to practice 3 tutorials from the Lab06-Module 05 (Cartoon Words - Burst Shape - Half-tone pattern)

LAB 06-Module 05

For the Super-Hero doll, I used a technique from the Masterclass Pop-Up 

Pop-Up Masterclass

Lab6-M05 Superhero.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 6
  • Love 13

Many of you will know  what the very first tutorial I did when I first  joined the campus,  and that was the Flair Button, in the creative scrap.  This page, I did for a challenge, where you had to  create a page using 20 of the same element.  Such as buttons,  flowers, ribbons etc.  I chose to  do 20 flair buttons.   In this page there are other techniques used  found in the  blog,  masterclasses, and creative scrap.  Extractions, text on a curve, blend modes, creating gradients, shadowing. 

Flair button  collage.jpg

• Like 7
  • WOW 2
  • Love 12

6 hours ago, Michele said:

This is one of my old projects from a 2018 challenge. Unfortunately, the original pics don't show in the older forum threads so we can't see the inspiration layout that Cassel posted.

large.CassChallenge180113(2018_08_0216_43_59UTC)600.jpg.faf889cf121919daf01712a90950593e.jpg

I remember those beads, I have them, and the tutorial printed off.  The tutorials came via email.   How to change the colour of the beads using the change to target tool, to correctly threading  sting, or beads.  This is  going to be a quite a trip down memory lane.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Sue Thomas said:

I remember those beads, I have them, and the tutorial printed off.  The tutorials came via email.   How to change the colour of the beads using the change to target tool, to correctly threading  sting, or beads.  This is  going to be a quite a trip down memory lane. 

There are 12 years of content, tutorials, classes, and members' participation!

Although the old forum photos didn't carry over to the new one, the forum is still available as an archive with the photos!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cassel said:

There are 12 years of content, tutorials, classes, and members' participation!

Although the old forum photos didn't carry over to the new one, the forum is still available as an archive with the photos!

Like so many of us, I joined before there was a Diamond Membership.  When I joined I subscribed to the  Creative Scrap.  I can remember clearly, I needed to know  how to create something pertaining to a scrapbook layout, as I wasn't a scrapbooker back then.   You replied, asking me to hold off until a specific date, as you were about to launch the Diamond membership. I believe I might have  been one of the first Diamond Members.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Many of you will know  what the very first tutorial I did when I first  joined the campus,  and that was the Flair Button, in the creative scrap.  This page, I did for a challenge, where you had to  create a page using 20 of the same element.  Such as buttons,  flowers, ribbons etc.  I chose to  do 20 flair buttons.   In this page there are other techniques used  found in the  blog,  masterclasses, and creative scrap.  Extractions, text on a curve, blend modes, creating gradients, shadowing. 

Flair button  collage.jpg    HI love your page Creation,  so cool.  Sue is there a place I can d/l this as a  template? lost my text but Hope you can see it thank YOU

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Dan Greenwood said:

I have a running inside joke about monkeys with Alyssa, my oldest granddaughter.  So, this is a pop-up card, where the mouth opens. I don't do scrapbook pages, per se, but I use Paint Shop Pro constantly, to make gifts and cards for my whole family.

Alyssa's Birthday.jpg   Its Great  I think,  love it.  I wanted to just make my daughter a card and it was terrible  without bootcamp I get so lost.   Yours is awesome.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Love this.  Had good laugh at the treat section.  I must remember to wear sunglass when viewing daffodils!  

Thanks Susan.   The Cornish and the Welsh people of South Wales, share a very long history with each other.  The Cornish  mined the Tin, and they would  ship it  to the steel works   in Port Talbot to be smelted. There they  picked up the Welsh language.  Cornwall  developed it's Cornish language, derived from the Welsh Language.  The page was a fun one I created for  my daughter-in-law,  Emma, as she  Cornish.  The story about Bryn, is although true, Emma's mother adopted the dog from Hungary.  I got to name him, Bryn,  is a popular boys name. It's also Welsh for  hill, or mount.  Pen y Bryn in English means  top of the hill.  The Cornish people  regard themselves as Celtic (which they are) and  not English. Even though Cornwall is in England. I've spent a lot of time in Cornwall over the years, and will be there again  for Christmas this year.   Emma's brother is a fitness and rehab instructor, and her mum enjoys gin.  Hence the fictitious  amusing stories.   

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 5
  • Love 2