What are you working on in September (2023)?

Cassel

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

The day's are now becoming noticeably shorter.  The migratory birds are also on the move.  This morning a beautiful Philadelphia Vireo called in.  They are generally uncommon, and this one, was the first one I have ever seen.  Many of the birds are difficult to ID at this time of year, as many of then are dull in Autumn, and the young ones, don't have adult breeding plumage until next Spring. 

I used one of a-dozi's brushes from Sunday's masterclass on the background paper,  which is a gradient I created. For a change I used the slip in photo technique, and also slipped 3 of the tags (my own tag) under too. Also I used one Carole's  new punches. Once again, the date stamp script didn't work, so I created my  own template. 

Vireo and Warblers migration 23.jpg

Very interesting, Sue. It seems they are also inhabiting my feeders now and they blend so well together that I.D. is hard. Unfortunately, in this format I can't read the tags you used. Which date stamp script is being problematic? I have 2 or 3 with no problems in my PSP2023 Ult.

On 9/5/2023 at 4:00 AM, Susan Ewart said:

I have been through this with my mom.  People said it changed me, that I was going through the motions of life and not living life.  I drove over 850 Kms a week going to where she lived and back.  I couldnt work because I was helping with her healthcare.  When I was at my mom's I just wanted to go home, when I was leaving my mom's (either in an assisted living home or hospital) I just wanted to go back.  At one point my mom was living in my home and we had lots of stairs and she was prone to falling, especially during the night. It became too stressful and dangerous, and the medical people thought I was suffering from exhaustion as I barely slept worrying she'd get up in the night and fall down the stairs ( I often woke to the sound of her crashing to the floor).  We got her into assisted living (1 hr 20 min away and that's when 850 kms came to be-but less stressful for me).  In the end I was glad I had the time with her.  The burden can be very heavy and I had all the same thoughts as Corrie and the guilt that comes along with it.  Her mind and her sense of humour was all there but her body was betraying her.  I never really thought about "old age" until then.  Aging is cruel.

It seems where there is the greatest love, the suffering is also the greatest but then I know of people who have run away from the situation - what must they be feeling when it comes to the end?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Very interesting, Sue. It seems they are also inhabiting my feeders now and they blend so well together that I.D. is hard. Unfortunately, in this format I can't read the tags you used. Which date stamp script is being problematic? I have 2 or 3 with no problems in my PSP2023 Ult.

I have date stamps 8 and 10.  Carole and I  tested them several times, in fact I have 4 test scripts of each.  The outer text doesn't align  correctly.  It's OK, I make my own templates, which I can edit and use over and over.

The top right is a  Palm Warbler (Dendroica palmarum), below is a Yellow Warbler (Dendroica petechia), and the one below the Philadelphia Vireo is a Yellow- rumped Warbler (Dendroica coronata) .  More and more birds are arriving daily. Out in the trees it's a bird watchers paradise.  Thrushes, Yellow shafted Flickers, native sparrows, finches, Siskins, fly catchers to name but a few. So many warblers and Vireos.  A Tennessee Warbler and a Warbling Vireo arrived yesterday too. The trees went silent when the Orioles, Robins, and the blackbirds left about 10 days ago. Now, the trees as full of song again. I will showcase them all in time, many of which I will post.  I did post the full sized page on facebook, but then they compress files. 

Warblers migrate (3).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

On 9/6/2023 at 2:21 AM, fiona cook said:

It seems where there is the greatest love, the suffering is also the greatest but then I know of people who have run away from the situation - what must they be feeling when it comes to the end?

What profound words.  I cant imagine running away and what that would feel like.  The stress makes you want to run away,  but being away from them, makes you want to run back.  I couldnt imagine having loved ones with dementia or alzeheimers - I was told it's called "the long goodbye".  heartbreaking.

• Sad 4

At the National Senior Games there was a wall where the names of each athlete were listed. I took a picture  of the section where my name was. I promoted my name to a layer, changed the blend mode, wasn't satisified so promoted that to a layer and flood filled the letters with a darker green. It still doesn't show up well but it is much better. Template 195 by Bourico Casper, AKA, Lady 22.

2023 9 5 Bonnie at Nationals Template 195 de lady22 600.jpg

Edited by Bonnie Ballentine
  • Like 3
  • Love 10

On 9/4/2023 at 1:29 PM, Michele said:

I found this beautiful stained glass image in Creative Fabrica (can you believe it's meant to be a mouse pad?). I used it to make the background paper by applying 100 Gaussian blur on the original, adding the Mosaic Antique effect, and then another little blur. The text was made using the text cutter option for the font (Andalusia). Then Inner Bevel on both the text and the main pic.

large.FABDLSailAway!230903600.jpg.a5565f70e661d84c252310e5e82156db.jpg

Michele I love both of your pages, the colors are gorgeous and it is sometimes amazing what you can find on Creative Fabrica. I'm a fan of them and often take a look, not always for freebies but for inspiration too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Between all the other activities in the Campus and at home I have been working on a card for a dear friend who is turning 80 and it is a miracle he lived through all the medical conditions he has had in the last couple of years. He was and is now again an enthousiast golfer and plays golf one or two times a week. Therefore I made him a card with all kinds of golf accessories which I found on digitalscrapbook.com. It is a double card, but has a plain backside with my normal logo. On the card I used a couple of small masks to blend the images together because I didn't want sharp edges; duplicated a lot of the golf balls to put in the basket; the cup was very "ugly" colored so it is changed using Hue and Saturation. And last I used an Edge Punch. one of the last series I have bought, this one goes so well with the balls! Saturday we will have lunch in a posh restaurant with all his family and friends.

kaart Piet 80-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
Forgot something
  • Love 9

On 9/6/2023 at 9:00 AM, Sue Thomas said:

I have date stamps 8 and 10.  Carole and I  tested them several times, in fact I have 4 test scripts of each.  The outer text doesn't align  correctly.  It's OK, I make my own templates, which I can edit and use over and over.

The top right is a  Palm Warbler (Dendroica palmarum), below is a Yellow Warbler (Dendroica petechia), and the one below the Philadelphia Vireo is a Yellow- rumped Warbler (Dendroica coronata) .  More and more birds are arriving daily. Out in the trees it's a bird watchers paradise.  Thrushes, Yellow shafted Flickers, native sparrows, finches, Siskins, fly catchers to name but a few. So many warblers and Vireos.  A Tennessee Warbler and a Warbling Vireo arrived yesterday too. The trees went silent when the Orioles, Robins, and the blackbirds left about 10 days ago. Now, the trees as full of song again. I will showcase them all in time, many of which I will post.  I did post the full sized page on facebook, but then they compress files. 

Warblers migrate (3).jpg

Sue, what is the light blue background paper texture? I like it a lot, and am always on the lookout for something which shows up in a 600 px, btalso doesn't look too big on a 3600 px.  Both the dark and the light above fit the bill!

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Needed to make a quick birthday greeting.  The photo was taken Sept 6th (Birthday was Sept 7th).  My friend loved corvids and this is the sun from the weird smoky apocalypic looking world we find ourselves in this summer.  

The font is Melinda Script

Dori 2023-600.jpg

I like card you created. It's beautiful in BW tone:)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Needed to make a quick birthday greeting.  The photo was taken Sept 6th (Birthday was Sept 7th).  My friend loved corvids and this is the sun from the weird smoky apocalypic looking world we find ourselves in this summer.  

The font is Melinda Script

Dori 2023-600.jpg

Very nice and isn't amazing how easy it is to make an unique card, no matter if it has to be a quicky or one where you had more time to create something. I sometimes think it takes more time to wait for the card to dry after printing than to design it!

• Like 1

Still in Travel Challenge 2023 - because of the length of the trip, I will be working on it well into October.  As usual, all papers and elements are mine - except the 2 RV's on the road - they are from PS Marissa Lerrin;   The title font is Britannic Bold; the font on the journal strips are Black Horse (pretty sure it is from Creative Fabrica).

2023 Travel Challenge, pages 9-10_1000.jpg

• Love 10

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Still in Travel Challenge 2023 - because of the length of the trip, I will be working on it well into October.  As usual, all papers and elements are mine - except the 2 RV's on the road - they are from PS Marissa Lerrin;   The title font is Britannic Bold; the font on the journal strips are Black Horse (pretty sure it is from Creative Fabrica).

2023 Travel Challenge, pages 9-10_1000.jpg

Curious to know what types of "corn" related food they have in the restaurant. It looks like it's a bit cold there. 

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Curious to know what types of "corn" related food they have in the restaurant. It looks like it's a bit cold there. 

Didn't get any "corn" in the restaurant next door, but it was great.  It was COLD that day.  We started our trip the end of May and continued through the middle of June.  That is really not the best time of year to go north, but as you know, things warm up and are great in June generally for travel up north.  We had better weather about 2 days later when we were in Belle Fourche, SD and enjoyed our picnic with a large group of Solaas relatives and were not wearing winter gear!  You'll see that in the upcoming pages.  Next in our travels, after Mitchell, SD and the Corn Palace, is the 1880 Village.  Great outdoor "museum" of buildings of an 1880 town in the Dakotas.  It was still cold and we were bundled up.  However, the day after we were in Belle Fourche and the weather was warming up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Didn't get any "corn" in the restaurant next door, but it was great.  It was COLD that day.  We started our trip the end of May and continued through the middle of June.  That is really not the best time of year to go north, but as you know, things warm up and are great in June generally for travel up north.  We had better weather about 2 days later when we were in Belle Fourche, SD and enjoyed our picnic with a large group of Solaas relatives and were not wearing winter gear!  You'll see that in the upcoming pages.  Next in our travels, after Mitchell, SD and the Corn Palace, is the 1880 Village.  Great outdoor "museum" of buildings of an 1880 town in the Dakotas.  It was still cold and we were bundled up.  However, the day after we were in Belle Fourche and the weather was warming up.

I would love the 1880's village.  that's the places I love to go.  I like imagining what it would be like living there at that time.

• Like 1

The main pic is from another great clip art collection from Creative Fabrica. I tried to make it look like I was using a mask. First I Gaussian blurred the background paper. Then I magic wand selected outside the clip art, inverted, contracted, inverted again, and applied a Gaussian blur. I'm sure there's an easier way to achieve it, but I was in a huge time crunch; I even missed my deadline by about 15 mins. I have no idea where I got the little grapevines in the corners and I added a few versions of my game avatar (my members like to see them). The title font is Morning Dew and the swash is Avelana Deco Medi. 

large.FABDLVineyardVisit!600.jpg.db694768c780f009638359f28ff3b663.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Yes,  I'm running behind, It's September already

The background is from Jessica Dunn. Font Futurex Vayager. 

Last year I got a present from Mother Nature as a dove was breading in my bedroom window.  An experiment to place different shapes made out of photos and add an edge around them.  Father and Mother Dove are both breading by turns on the nest. So I figured it out. Father is having the night shift. 

ps_jessica-dunn_301307_fall-reflections-wood-paper-04_pu.jpg

• Love 9

3 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Yes,  I'm running behind, It's September already

The background is from Jessica Dunn. Font Futurex Vayager. 

Last year I got a present from Mother Nature as a dove was breading in my bedroom window.  An experiment to place different shapes made out of photos and add an edge around them.  Father and Mother Dove are both breading by turns on the nest. So I figured it out. Father is having the night shift. 

ps_jessica-dunn_301307_fall-reflections-wood-paper-04_pu.jpg

Having the photos in different shapes made it very interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I actually scrapped this morning! With my surgery scheduled for October 2, I decided to do the cover page for my October album early. I used a photo from October 2022 and papers and elements from my kit, Autumn Dream that I made during the Build-A-Kit workshop. I used a mask from the Mask Workshop (Day 3 Extra) and NO TEMPLATE!!! Big for me since I love using templates!

2023 Oct Daily Cover.jpg

• Love 9