Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

Here is my Non-Scrap project from Day 5 - The Greeting card

I used the Creative Spark feature for the cat picture, I love to play with that option. The font is Birthday from Creative Fabrica. I used the method Carole showed us how to keep text aligned in the center by using the selection tool and drawing a rectangle, etc.and adding the text.

Carole, you asked which elements I used on Day 8 to add to the template. The large picture with the musical cats is from Creative Fabrica and so is the little birdie on top of the musical notes. The musical notes are from my stash from years ago and I don't remember where I got them..

Anita-Non-Scrap-5-scaled.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

@fiona cookThat issue with the text "disappearing" is frustrating but it is not really a bug or anything like that. It is a matter of understanding that the resize does NOT apply to the area where you wrapped your text. It is documented in this article. That page you made for the run would definitely make a nice thank-you note. May I suggest that you put the title on a piece of paper so it would look like it is part of the display.

@Anja PelzerGreat tribute to your mom with those black and white photos.

@Sharla That is a wonderful rainbow pic. No wonder you wanted to showcase it!

@MoniqueN.Fun page you found. Yes, sometimes, it is hard to find the photo to fit the page. Often, you will have the picture and then search for the page to use. Either way, it is a browsing challenge.

@Donna SilliaFun photos to showcase! They make me smile.

@Ann Seeber I am glad I didn't make any typo on that datestamp! ? You know that you could include a QRCode to your page and link to the video in question.

@Anita WyattThat is another nice page. Not knowing what the initial page looked like, I can't tell what elements were added, so it matches very well.

@Susan EwartYou have such a wide variety of sunsets. Hard to believe they are from the same point.

@kasanyWhere did you take those trip photos? The scenery looks familiar.

@Mary SolaasI saw you used one of those layouts in the Random Challenge. That is a good idea!

@Gerry LandrethMaybe i'll need to have a Song Challenge with the word STAR for you! ?

@Jannette Nieuwboer You have found a nice new page!

These photos are taken by JK during a first summer bike trip around the town.

8 hours ago, Gerry Landreth said:

Ann - do the animals seem well cared for? We had a similar zoo in Huntsville that was mercifully shut down. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from there so I'll put that on my list of potential day trips.

Gerry, yes. They looked healthy and content. The welfare of wild species in captivity is one of my passions, especially wild cats and my zookeeper granddaughter is following in my footsteps.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

You know that you could include a QRCode to your page and link to the video in question.

Yes, I suppose that would work but unsure how to link to something that was posted on Facebook to begin with. That's why I shared Jackie's post to our FB group.

Even if it is "officially" over,  I'd like to add QP 7. All photos are mine. A greater choice of totally different pics, not what I do usually but to show a bit the diversity of interests. Of course there is more than this. The font for the text is Freehand591BT. My coffee cup looks really like this ?, I use a milk foamer/frother, but not an electric one. 

Busy-QP7-1-w.jpg

• Love 9

And QP Non Scrap 6, a little mix of real animals and chinese light sculptures glowing in the night. I visited the zoo of Cologne at the same day. where there was the chinese festival in the middle of the zoo park. Incredibly artistic.

QP-Non-Scrap-6-1-w .jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, kasany said:

Excellent works:) Is it possible to create not symetrical fractals?

Kasany - for this last group that I showcased I went to CFSpark Prompt Builder.  It started me by showing different words I could use.  It was interesting because I would not have thought of starting with a color background and then moving on to different layers.  The outcome really astounded me too.  Some of them I will use separately and some I brought in to the Reflection Effects in PSP.  I'm using PSP 2022 Ultimate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Anita Wyatt said:

Here is my Non-Scrap project from Day 5 - The Greeting card

I used the Creative Spark feature for the cat picture, I love to play with that option. The font is Birthday from Creative Fabrica. I used the method Carole showed us how to keep text aligned in the center by using the selection tool and drawing a rectangle, etc.and adding the text.

Carole, you asked which elements I used on Day 8 to add to the template. The large picture with the musical cats is from Creative Fabrica and so is the little birdie on top of the musical notes. The musical notes are from my stash from years ago and I don't remember where I got them..

Anita-Non-Scrap-5-scaled.jpg

Anita, I love your cat.  Spark is interesting to play around with.

15 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Kasany - for this last group that I showcased I went to CFSpark Prompt Builder.  It started me by showing different words I could use.  It was interesting because I would not have thought of starting with a color background and then moving on to different layers.  The outcome really astounded me too.  Some of them I will use separately and some I brought in to the Reflection Effects in PSP.  I'm using PSP 2022 Ultimate.

I hope you will showv more your works ? created with this program.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 3:05 PM, Mary Solaas said:

Day 6.  The quick page extra always puzzled me as to what to do with it.  Guess I'm in a melancoly (can't spell it) phase, but Starry Starry Night just popped in my head when looking at it.  So here goes.  

QP 6 2023_600.jpg

QP Extra 6 2023_600.jpg

The subject matter really fits the template. Bet we all have that song on our brain now.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 2:59 PM, MoniqueN. said:

When you see this project, at first it looks a bit busy, but I really love the colours, the different art photo's and the over all look of it!  Never thought so many colourful photo's together would look so nice!?

Thank you Monique and Susan. When my friend sent me the images when they were on holiday each one wowed me. The imagination and the skill those artists have. Yes, I can't resist the colours. The little bit of black helps.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

So here is what I did with the cornucopia in PSP with Kaleidascope and what I did with the blue one in PSP also with Kaleidascope. - WOW I can't even post one of them in 600px.  Have to reduce them further - they must carry a ton of stuff ????

CF Spark by MLS - cornucopia rose - pattern-K_400.jpg

CF Spark by MLS - blue abstract-7-pattern-K_400.jpg

Those are really lovely! I tried with CF Spark, but like Susan I didn't get any results that I liked, maybe it is that English isn't my native language and I can't describe precisely enough  what I have in mind. I'll give it another try, oh well maybe. 

• Like 1

I used a qp that I downloaded a while back from Digital Scrapbook. The original file was a PSD and opened in Paintshop with layers. I could not figure out how to make the picture files into masks probably something to do with the PSD layout. The photos were sent to me by my grandson when he visited Southeast Asia prior to Covid(He made it home just in time.) The font is CallieHmk that I got when I installed the Hallmark card program. The palm tree is a tube, the map of Thailand is from Pixabay and added to the wood based on a Scrap tutorial. The shell is from shell pictures that David sent from Thailand. Escape is from a Digital Scrapbook kit. 

thailandqp600.jpg

ps_marisa-lerin_319719_travel-quick-page-11d_pu.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
To add original qp
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

54 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Those are really lovely! I tried with CF Spark, but like Susan I didn't get any results that I liked, maybe it is that English isn't my native language and I can't describe precisely enough  what I have in mind. I'll give it another try, oh well maybe. 

English is my native language and still it doesnt understand me. The post from Mary earlier talked about something called CFSpark Prompt Builder.  I will have a look for that.  Maybe that would help us.  it seems to be all about time doesnt it.  Do I have the time to put into learning to "talk" to CFSpark or should I be concentrating on learning how to do something else I need to learn.  Do you find if you try to learn it all, then you spread yourself thin and nothing really soaks in well enough.  That's me.  I can go off in many directions and then never really get anywhere.  However, we should find time for play, with other techniques because good suprises often come out of it.  Argh...my kingdom for more time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

English is my native language and still it doesnt understand me. The post from Mary earlier talked about something called CFSpark Prompt Builder.  I will have a look for that.  Maybe that would help us.  it seems to be all about time doesnt it.  Do I have the time to put into learning to "talk" to CFSpark or should I be concentrating on learning how to do something else I need to learn.  Do you find if you try to learn it all, then you spread yourself thin and nothing really soaks in well enough.  That's me.  I can go off in many directions and then never really get anywhere.  However, we should find time for play, with other techniques because good suprises often come out of it.  Argh...my kingdom for more time!

The prompt builder is the bottom of the list.  it really helps.  I've tried a number of the different Spark's: art, crystalloine which is a png generator, sketch which does black & white pencil sketches, pattern, and of course the prompt buillder.  Sometimes it helps to be brief  and sometimes the best results are when you get real particular.  I'm going to post my Andy Warhol cat which I did this morning - just asked for a cat like Andy Worhol.

MLS CFSpark Andy Warhol Cat_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 2

Well, guess what? I have one more QP for the Day 8 assignment. I downloaded a few from Digital Scrapbook and this one is from Marisa Lerin called QP-Slovenia03.

I decided to combine this with the Random Challenge to tell a personal story. The title font is Corlita Sans; the journaling is in Droid Serif. Behind the text I brushed some dark blue with a brush called cass-Dispersion2.

The journaling is a bit small so I'll repeat it here;

FACTS: The Model-A Ford (1927-1931) was the first Ford to use the standard set of driver controls with conventional clutch and brake pedals, throttle, and gearshift. The Model A's fuel tank was situated in the cowl, between the engine compartment's fire wall and the dash panel. It had a visual fuel gauge, and the fuel flowed to the carburetor by gravity.

OUR STORY: When I was young, our family of 3 traveled from Bergen County, NJ,  to Ulster County, NY,  for day-trips. Lake Minnewaska was a spectacular setting to visit. Situated up high, the access road was very steep and our Model-A Ford could only navigate it BACKWARDS because of the gravity gas feed.

OUR MODEL-A FORD STORY_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Well, guess what? I have one more QP for the Day 8 assignment. I downloaded a few from Digital Scrapbook and this one is from Marisa Lerin called QP-Slovenia03.

I decided to combine this with the Random Challenge to tell a personal story. The title font is Corlita Sans; the journaling is in Droid Serif. Behind the text I brushed some dark blue with a brush called cass-Dispersion2.

The journaling is a bit small so I'll repeat it here;

OUR MODEL-A FORD STORY_600.jpg

Yikes! Backwards uphill.  How long of a road was it?  If must've been exciting for you...maybe not so for your parents. I love those old cars.

18 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I like your blue work: ) 

• Thanks 1