Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

Quick Page Lesson 6

I had no idea what to do for this one as the photo space is very small and doesnt lend to detailed photos.  On our walk today we came across 3 little free libraries.  I have known about two of them, but I needed 1 more for  the layout.  And bingo!  There was the blockbuster one (it has DVDs in it).  I would like the do separate layouts in the future that shows them.  the black one is exceptional.  And we got to have a chat with the library owner of that one.  

Photos: mine, from today

fonts: Rose Birth Flowers and Spring Garden Script (both from Creative Fabrica)

QP-6-Little Free Library-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 12

Still on Lesson 5 with some catching up to do on the next two days. I am thinking of using the extra pages templates from Day5 for a wedding card for my neighbours who are about to be married. Fonts: M&J monogram = Yash Monogram, Maria & John = The Billion, Date = Evelyne. Rose photo my own with Brightness and contrast adjustments. The original 'DATE' text I removed using the clone tool from the background. In reality I suppose the text should have been creased like the paper behind it. Can I use artistic licence here boss?

QP-Extra5.jpg

QP-Non-Scrap-5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 10

4 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Nice touch for a card with your logo on the back.

Thank you, I made that logo a long time ago when I first started making digital cards; way before PSP with a no longer existing cardmaking program (Data Becker) and I have used it ever since.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

Last year I made this lay out in black, just as it was. I'm joining Corrie now in her purple mood, with this one.?

QP-extra 6-600.jpg

You are welcome in my purple mood! There are so many flowers that are more or less purple and like you I used the black layout last year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Quick Page Lesson 6

I had no idea what to do for this one as the photo space is very small and doesnt lend to detailed photos.  On our walk today we came across 3 little free libraries.  I have known about two of them, but I needed 1 more for  the layout.  And bingo!  There was the blockbuster one (it has DVDs in it).  I would like the do separate layouts in the future that shows them.  the black one is exceptional.  And we got to have a chat with the library owner of that one.  

That would be a great photo project. We have only one of these where I live and, when I first saw it, I thought it was such a wonderful idea. Here, the idea is "take one" or "leave one".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

For our 55th anniversary, we traveled to Windsor, Ontario. I took this photo of Detroit from our hotel room window. I changed the hue to better match the photo and changed the white frame to also match. The frame was beveled. Since there was still a little white showing, I added a heart that I created using a cass script offset cutout. The font is itsadzokeS02, an olf font.

detroit600.jpg

I live near Windsor, and one of the best things about it is the skyline view of Detroit. Both cities were once quite beautiful and bustling and then declined badly. They are coming back, bit by bit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Quick Page Lesson 6

These little libraries are sprouting worldwide! Over here in the Netherlands we also have lots of them and in the village where I live I think we have at the moment at least 8 in different locations. You can take a book and return it after reading or keep it and replace it with a book(s) of your own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Julie Magerka said:

I live near Windsor, and one of the best things about it is the skyline view of Detroit. Both cities were once quite beautiful and bustling and then declined badly. They are coming back, bit by bit.

Julie, we are about 2 1/2 hours from Windsor and love to visit. We went to Nero's for our 55th dinner and Vito's the day before. Food is Canada is wonderful. They ban a lot of additives like corn syrup which I think makes the food taste better. I also love shopping at Devonshire Mall where I have been buying my make up for years at Caryl Baker. The photo is a selfie of me and Pete, taken by Pete who has been our server at Nero's for over 30 years

donnaandpete.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Here is my QP Workshop Day 6:

It took me a while to figure out what images to use for this one. Images  are from Creative Fabrica. Font is Reading and Little Kitty glyph also from Creative Fabrica. Will try and work some more on the Extra Pages  and Non-Scrap layouts.

Anita-QP-6-2023-scaled.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

These little libraries are sprouting worldwide! Over here in the Netherlands we also have lots of them and in the village where I live I think we have at the moment at least 8 in different locations. You can take a book and return it after reading or keep it and replace it with a book(s) of your own.

Such a great idea isnt it.  The homeowner I talked to said one person showed up with a bag full of books to put in.  She also said she has extra books in the house to replenish with. The "librarians" are really quite inventive with their library structures.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

Julie, we are about 2 1/2 hours from Windsor and love to visit. We went to Nero's for our 55th dinner and Vito's the day before. Food is Canada is wonderful. They ban a lot of additives like corn syrup which I think makes the food taste better. I also love shopping at Devonshire Mall where I have been buying my make up for years at Caryl Baker. The photo is a selfie of me and Pete, taken by Pete who has been our server at Nero's for over 30 years

donnaandpete.jpg

What a wonderful story.    

• Thanks 1

I think this is my last edited foto of this course. Friends of mine are in Italy on a summer holiday.

Sent me such beautiful pictures so I asked them to use them in this course. 

As an answer, they sent me their whole batch. I've used just one photo and copied it 4 times and snip snip.?  

So just a street in ITALY.

QP-Non-Scrap-6-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

donnaandpete.jpg

Looks like a place where "everyone knows your name"!!!! Nice that people from away are supporting the city.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you, I made that logo a long time ago when I first started making digital cards; way before PSP with a no longer existing cardmaking program (Data Becker) and I have used it ever since.

I remember this program, it existed too in Germany and was very popular.

1 hour ago, Anita Wyatt said:

Here is my QP-6 again, I changed the background on the merged jpg  a bit with Hue and Saturation and it brightened up everything. I like the way that one came oui too.

Anita-QP-6-2023BKChange-scaled.jpg

Cool idea with the cats and I love the way you used the font .

• Like 1

I tried to go on, Day 5 and 6, Non Scrap 5. Day 5 finally with no title, I put one initially but didn't like it.
Day 6, this was my first squirrel years ago crossing the garden almost every day, taking nut and walnut i left for, made me smile every time and became my "little love". 

Day 5-1-w.jpg

Busy-QP6-1-w.jpg

QP-Non-Scrap-5-1-w.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 9

Here is my QP-Day 7

I picked some pretty stones from Pixabay to fill all the frames at once. Font is Rockwell Extra Bold and the decorative leaf below is from Salmon Queen. Added Inner Bevel and drop shadow to both. Thank you Carole and everyone here for a fun-filled workshop. You have all inspired me with your beautiful pages. I will continue to work on the extra and Non-Scrap pages.

Anita-QP-7-2023-scaled.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 13

11 minutes ago, Anita Wyatt said:

Here is my QP-Day 7

I picked some pretty stones from Pixabay to fill all the frames at once. Font is Rockwell Extra Bold and the decorative leaf below is from Salmon Queen. Added Inner Bevel and drop shadow to both. Thank you Carole and everyone here for a fun-filled workshop. You have all inspired me with your beautiful pages. I will continue to work on the extra and Non-Scrap pages.

Anita-QP-7-2023-scaled.jpg

Wowzers!  that is really cool.  

• Like 1

@Jannette Nieuwboer Simple and effective with those yellow flowers. Your tweaking of the insects page is lovely and delicate.

@Anita WyattThose cats are so cute. The font is interesting too!

@kasanyHave you made sure that the bears photos were sized proportionally? I have a feeling they are a little squished.

@Mary Solaas It is certainly pink!!

@Susan EwartIt is true that Saya LOOKS grumpy!! Good thing you specify that she is not! You didn't have to edit the pickles to give them faces! It does happen that some punctuation is not clear in some fonts. Sometimes, some actual letters look odd! Those little libraries are getting popular here too. In town here, there are at least 3 that I know of and it is not a big town! I have a story to tell about those. I'll have to tell it some other time!

@Sharla Those little hearts are cute. They were not picture tubes that you scattered?

@Donna SilliaWhen we have a lot to share, we want to use all the available space!

@Corrie Kinkel You used a smart way to fill smaller spaces. Sometimes, we can use small areas for "close-ups" or details of a larger photo. If you don't have small photos, in a way, it is a good problem to have. Better than the reverse when one has ONLY small pics! I am sure that card will bring a smile to your friend as you made it especially with her preferences in mind!

@Anja Pelzer Lovely to see those tubes used!

@Gerry LandrethHow do you communicate with Lynda now?

@Julie MagerkaBeautiful colors in your garden. Is that Peggy's Cove in the picture?

@MoniqueN. You are using mats very creatively to add delicate elements like dates. For the card, you might not even need a cutting machine since everything is easy to cut with scissors. When I was doing decoupage, I remember images from Anton Pieck. I'll have to look to see if I still have any work from those pics.

@fiona cook Nice touch for the neighbours!

@Anne LampNice spring flowers! And don't worry about "being late". Life comes first! And as a DIAMOND member, you will keep access to the lessons anyways so you are not limited in time.

@liberaThe change in color matches the photos well.

If you have not finished this workshop, don't worry, the tutorials will be left available for another week. Of course, DIAMOND members keep full access during their membership.

Quick Page Lesson 7

This is 20 years ago!  How did that happen?  It only feels like yesterday I was getting up at 3am in the days before a show to re-load the kiln. This is the years I set down my camera and got a point and shoot digital camera.  Ugh, it was awful.  so much lag time between depressing the shutter button and it actually taking a picture...this wasnt a cheap camera either.  

fonts: Madelyn calligraphy, Showcard Gothic, Magic Hopes (Creative Fabrica)

Photos: mine

QP-7-Production-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOW 1
  • Love 10