Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

QPWorkshop-Preview-400.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to encourage us.

Every page we will make will be different, based on each others' photos, stories, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone's projects.

Once the workshop is started, on June 19th, you can post your pages in here.

Make sure to resize your image to 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have all those pages.

Remember that each page should not take you longer than 5 minutes to complete.

(if you missed the registration link or if you want to invite a friend to join you, HERE it is).

DIAMOND members will get extra pages to work with.

Non-scrapbookers will also get some non-scrapbook supplies.

Who is going to be doing their FIRST digital scrapbook pages?

• Like 1

I'm in for some revision because I always take ages doing a page!  For this first layout I have taken the decoration literally as the crochet doilie is the same colour as a beanie I made for my cousin, who at the beginning of the year was undergoing chemotherapy. Beanie shown here on the wrapping paper I sent it to her in.

Lesson1_Beanie.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 10

Since I don't scrapbook, I chose the FB cover layout. It takes me SO long to find an image, so what should've been 5 minutes of work turned into something longer. I'm not organized enough, and I don't have a sufficient number of my own pix to choose from. But hey, it's about the fun, right? (BTW, flip-flops not my thing. Too tricky to walk in outside of the house.)

My QP1 2023 June.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 8

I'm in too. As I do not shoot many horizontal photos I must make a choice from what's in my stock. I only have a cellphone to take photos. But here is my first result. 

Quickpage 1 is made in the psp2023 I changed the background, the original had a uni color blue as the sky, not so interesting. Quickpage 2 is made in the 2020 edition of PSP. I made an edge with a bevel of 15,8,8. font s name is Butterfly with shadows 1,1,60,1. 

Busy-QP1.jpg

Busy-QP1-2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 6

The crochet doilies immediately reminded me of having tea. The photo is of my husband when we were having tea at Miss Molly's Tea House. Since the photo was too narrow, I added a background paper from Digital Scrapbook. The letters are from my kit with the outline and the fill changed.

tea600.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 8

39 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

The crochet doilies immediately reminded me of having tea. The photo is of my husband when we were having tea at Miss Molly's Tea House. Since the photo was too narrow, I added a background paper from Digital Scrapbook. The letters are from my kit with the outline and the fill changed.

tea600.jpg

How neat - filling out the space when you have a vertical picture instead of a horizontal one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And these are my day 1.  The turtles sunning themselves is a pic taken by my son, Chris, when he and his family visited the park in New Orleans.  The peony in the extra is from a trip with my eldest son and his wife when we went rv-ing in 2021 in the northwest - this pic was taken at an rv park in Nebraska.  The rolling waves on the beach in the FB header is a pic my son, Chris, took when he and his family visited the Gulf.

QP 1 2023_600.jpg

QP Extra 1 2023_600.jpg

QP FB Template 1 2023.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 11

QP Lesson 1  

Front used: Brush King

Photo: mine from 2007, Visiting at a friends cabin in Gibbsons, BC.  Also known as the Sunshine Coast along the Straight of Georgia.  It is 31 kms from Vancouver, BC and 40 minute ferry ride...even though it's actually on the mainland BC and not an island.  My friends cabin is right on the beach (Pacific Ocean) and this was one of the old cabins we came across while walking on the beach.  All you could see was these three windows and bit of the roof, the res was covered in greenery.  

QP-1 Hidden Hideway-600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 7

QP Extra Lesson 1

This was another little odd shack we came across on our walk.  I would love to see inside these places.  My friends cabin had been in the family 3 generations and they have a sizeable property going up the hill with another cabin and creek beside that they had the water rights to.  Because of the close proximity to Vancouver, there is now huge mega houses on this beach.  I love the quirky odd shacks, too bad they are all gone now.  

QP-Xtra 1-iny Beach House-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

This time I did all 3 layouts for QP-1. First is a new bird at my feeder, well, actually, a regular but in a new color morph. Never saw an orange-headed house finch before but Merlin confirmed my sighting. This is the Merlin photo. The alpha is Fiesta from Annie Tobin-R.I.P. The text font is Ink Free. Second is the flip flop banner, featuring my daughter's flip flop birthday cake from last September when she turned 60. I used a gimp picture tube for the top border. Last is my granddaughter-in-law, Lucy, mother of Magic. I thought the black and white photo went well in the busy layout. I enlarged the photo area with my eraser tool.

HOUSE FINCH-QP1_600.jpg

FLIP FLOPS BANNER-QP1_600.jpg

LUCY_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8