What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

19 minutes ago, libera said:

canadian wildland fire and intense smoke level in some U.S. cities

Here on the East Coast of the USA it was intensely smoky early last week, the worst being Wednesday. Thankfully, it is now cleared up. Here were my shots of the sun Wednesay at Dawn and at Noon. (Never was able to shoot the sun without an eclipse before!) I felt like I was transported to the film Dune!

STARDATE 2023-06-07.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • WOW 2

10 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here on the East Coast of the USA it was intensely smoky early last week, the worst being Wednesday. Thankfully, it is now cleared up. Here were my shots of the sun Wednesay at Dawn and at Noon. (Never was able to shoot the sun without an eclipse before!) I felt like I was transported to the film Dune!

STARDATE 2023-06-07.jpg

My hubby said the moon this morning was a red sliver (he leaves around 3-3:30am), wished I'd looked out the window, I was up at 5am.  Ann, yes, this reminds me of Dune as well.  

• Like 1

Granddaughter Jackie and hubby Corey are celebrating their Second Anniversary. I had 16 photos to place and thank goodness for Carole's Hanging Photos 2 Script! The succulents are for Corey and the animals are for zookeeper Jackie, found in the Animal Kingdom kit; the LOVE word art and snippets are from Melo Vrijhoff on Pixelscrappers. The title font is Simple Pen Solid and the frame is labeled BMU-Eve from Scrap Girls and the striped background paper is from a wedding kit by Sahin Designs.

JACKIE & COREY 2ND ANNIVERSARY_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Phil and I decided to make some day trips, one of which was hilarious because he told me he knew where he was going. After going about 15 minutes in the wrong direction, I finally turned on GPS. I have made a vow to always use GPS, especially when he says he knows the way. In fairness to him, he did a good job navigating Windsor Ontario with no GPS.

roadtrip600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 5

17 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Phil and I decided to make some day trips, one of which was hilarious because he told me he knew where he was going. After going about 15 minutes in the wrong direction, I finally turned on GPS. I have made a vow to always use GPS, especially when he says he knows the way. In fairness to him, he did a good job navigating Windsor Ontario with no GPS.

GPS are not always the best thing to follow! On a trip with 2 of my friends to London, Ontario, Canada in 2008, we had a GPS. They live in Dayton and had gotten breakfast before they picked me up. I hadn't eaten so I was hungry about an hour into the trip up I-75. I wanted a McDonald's breakfast and we were in an area where there weren't any McDonald's right off the highway. One of the girls tried searching but I saw a bulletin board indicating one coming up at the next exit. So she stopped searching on the GPS. I got my McDonald's and we got back on the road. When we were going through Toledo, it kept telling us to exit. We kept heading north on I-75 and it kept telling us to make a u-turn to head back to Toledo. We did make it to the crossing and heading into Canada (we took the tunnel that time). When we got through the tunnel, the GPS was telling us to turn around and go back to the US. Finally, the girl decided to see where it was trying to take us. Turns out when she quit searching she had accidentally changed the destination to a restaurant in Toledo (Olga's Kitchen)! She changed the destination and we had no problems from then on.

Since then I've been extremely careful when setting my GPS unit as to my destination. But I also look things up on Google maps before I go so I at least have an idea already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

I made this for the Paintshop Maniacs page from a photo that I took at Colonial Beach, VA and my own mask. I used the shape cutter for the letters, then applied the cass-edges script. I applied a layer style bevel and emboss to the blue layer.

black terns2600.jpg

Great mask!

• Thanks 1

Just playing with this one. This is a favorite photo which I "misplaced". When I found it, I created a layout. Template 167 from Lady 22. Background paper by Marisa Lerin, paper 38, Coastal Papers Painted. Gulls 01 felt by Marisa, Coastal Elements. Teal starfish, White starfish and sanddollar by Sheila Reid, At The Beach Elements. Photo from May, 2010.

2010 5 15 Rehoboth Template 167 de lady22 600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 13

3 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

roadtrip600.jpg

I love this layout.  this is me.  i have a horrible sense of direction.  I laughed at the "Oops Wrong Way". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Ann, that turned out very nice! I gather you can tell the script how many photos you have to place because the samples I’ve seen have way fewer photos. I like it with more photos, I think.

Bonnie, you are on a roll! Three great LOS all at once!

Donna, we have THE WORST luck with GPS - always our fault - always a mess. My husband loves it, tho. (Rolling eyes). I was surprised to see the little town where I was born on your map, Alliance, Ohio!  My husband and I have taken a few day trips this summer with more to come.  I come up with the ideas and he says, “sure”. And then they end up being not quite as I advertised. This last one was an overnight, more or less in that area, Shipshewana, Middlebury and Napannee. I do not think we will be going back, but the 18 mile bike ride on the Pumpkinvine Trail was really good. (Hence my bicycle kit from last month).  On the way home, we got sort of lost and we were not on the grid. At all. No Apple, no Google, no VW Car care, no GPS. We just kept driving until we hit civilization, where I could ask a person how to get home. I think it added an extra hour to the trip home and it was completely ridiculous.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I made this for the Paintshop Maniacs page from a photo that I took at Colonial Beach, VA and my own mask. I used the shape cutter for the letters, then applied the cass-edges script. I applied a layer style bevel and emboss to the blue layer.

black terns2600.jpg

I love the Mask I bought a script but  have to see if I can figure it out again,  I still dont know how to make one going to try the one on the Q And A recent  I love your work so nice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Just playing with this one. This is a favorite photo which I "misplaced". When I found it, I created a layout. Template 167 from Lady 22. Background paper by Marisa Lerin, paper 38, Coastal Papers Painted. Gulls 01 felt by Marisa, Coastal Elements. Teal starfish, White starfish and sanddollar by Sheila Reid, At The Beach Elements. Photo from May, 2010.

2010 5 15 Rehoboth Template 167 de lady22 600.jpg

Vitamin Sea is a wonderful idea, Bonnie ?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

STARDATE 2023-06-07.jpg

You could use this photos for a layout ....Ann ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sue Thomas said:

So many wonderful pages being  created with such varied topics, also  many varied topics being discussed. 

I've now finished playing around with these lovely, quite different frames. I now have several templates for future use.

Paint frame Tree swallow 1.jpg

To add a shadow to the photo, that is the question.  I have added shadows to the others, but left this one, in my opinion naked.  Personally, I would add a small shadow.  I do know how to add a shadow to  paint at the edge of a photo or paper.  When I get a minute I'll do one for you all to see the realistic effect.   It's in one of Carole's tuts or masterclasses, which one for the life of me I can't remember. All I know is it was a long time ago. 

• Like 2

Just now, Michele said:

I love how she's peeking out of the hole in the tree, Sue. I imagine she could be protecting a nest of eggs? I like it quite a bit without the shadows.

Thanks Michele. 6 of the 10 tree swallow nest boxes are occupied this year.The parents occupying this box are busy trying to keep up with the constant demand of feeding young. I suspect they  gave 4  nestling. I'll  find out when they fledge. I have photos of youngest popping their heads out of holes. I appreciate the shadow comment. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Interestingly, I was doing my weekly movie theater work and came across this logo for our new Disney movie, Elemental. The font reminds me of Carole's new frames. I'd to know how to she created this effect. I'm posting a snipped so you'll see what I'm talking about...

ELEMENTAL LOGO TYPFACE.jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW 1

Very nice, Sue. It looks like she’s saying, “Yes, May I help you?” at her front door. 
So if you shadow the photo, will you treat it like a stamp and be offsetting that semi-translucent frame everywhere it crosses the edge of the photo? That’s a lot of offsets! (Read:That’s a lot of work!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suzy said:

Ann, that turned out very nice! I gather you can tell the script how many photos you have to place because the samples I’ve seen have way fewer photos. I like it with more photos, I think.

Bonnie, you are on a roll! Three great LOS all at once!

Donna, we have THE WORST luck with GPS - always our fault - always a mess. My husband loves it, tho. (Rolling eyes). I was surprised to see the little town where I was born on your map, Alliance, Ohio!  My husband and I have taken a few day trips this summer with more to come.  I come up with the ideas and he says, “sure”. And then they end up being not quite as I advertised. This last one was an overnight, more or less in that area, Shipshewana, Middlebury and Napannee. I do not think we will be going back, but the 18 mile bike ride on the Pumpkinvine Trail was really good. (Hence my bicycle kit from last month).  On the way home, we got sort of lost and we were not on the grid. At all. No Apple, no Google, no VW Car care, no GPS. We just kept driving until we hit civilization, where I could ask a person how to get home. I think it added an extra hour to the trip home and it was completely ridiculous.  

We were headed to the Hartsville Flea Market, but the parking lot was so helter-skelter that Phil decided to leave since he couldn't park his baby (red Toyota Camry SE) safely to avoid dings. We will be taking more day trips now that hubby now longer has to pick up kids. GPS has greatly improved now taking construction and traffic jams and rerouting you. It saved us hours in traffic once returning from a trip to Windsor, Ontario.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Interestingly, I was doing my weekly movie theater work and came across this logo for our new Disney movie, Elemental. The font reminds me of Carole's new frames. I'd to know how to she created this effect. I'm posting a snipped so you'll see what I'm talking about...

I think it would simply be a matter of layering straight lines in different colors and adjusting the opacity. It might be a bit tedious to do but it is not hard. Maybe a tutorial?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1