Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

I was just playing with the nodes on the first one and, boy, was it fun; I used one of Cassel's chain tubes. For my initials, I used one of her gimp trim tubes (I found it interesting that the tube was applied differently on the S, almost like it was reversed). Then I thought I would have some fun with the lips I made for Lesson 2 and used a sequin tube I made a while ago from one of the tutorials. For the last one I used a star cutout shape I made several years ago and a star tube I also made.

I wonder what is in store for us in Lesson 7!

large.VectorTube03.jpg.437988a02d22f6495a27e4673b4f0f09.jpglarge.VectorTube05.jpg.c2f3599a962b64c41fd45c0ab9df5b70.jpglarge.VectorTube06.jpg.fa93ca04b57682c9941d120e2265cf91.jpglarge.VectorTube07.jpg.3107fc6c89108c813b7ad20edf49bfde.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 13

23 minutes ago, Michele said:

I was just playing with the nodes on the first one and, boy, was it fun; I used one of Cassel's chain tubes. For my initials, I used one of her gimp trim tubes (I found it interesting that the tube was applied differently on the S, almost like it was reversed). Then I thought I would have some fun with the lips I made for Lesson 2 and used a sequin tube I made a while ago from one of the tutorials. For the last one I used a star cutout shape I made several years ago and a star tube I also made.

I wonder what is in store for us in Lesson 7!

large.VectorTube03.jpg.437988a02d22f6495a27e4673b4f0f09.jpglarge.VectorTube05.jpg.c2f3599a962b64c41fd45c0ab9df5b70.jpglarge.VectorTube06.jpg.fa93ca04b57682c9941d120e2265cf91.jpglarge.VectorTube07.jpg.3107fc6c89108c813b7ad20edf49bfde.jpg

The gimp trim is really interesting.  I wanted to try a zipper but didnt because it's two parts.  I should have tried anyway, but it was late at night and things were getting blurry.  I can see I need more tubes, you can never have enough, right?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

The gimp trim is really interesting.  I wanted to try a zipper but didnt because it's two parts.  I should have tried anyway, but it was late at night and things were getting blurry.  I can see I need more tubes, you can never have enough, right?

The zippers also come with a single "closed" version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 7, already the last day! I'm very glad that we learned how to cut a vector shape because I have the Vector Spiral Script for a long time and I only could use it along the complete spiral with text or a picture tube. I have the explanation on how to cut the spiral but never could get it to work until now ?. I made the letter X with a garland tube and put the mas next to it, again something to use for a card (it's never to0 early to start thinking about Xmas!). Then I made a waterdrop with a fish scale tube and a spiral with the Vector Spiral script (it is a free script and it was a Featured Resource in the Campus).I gave the beads on the spiral different "christmas colors" with the string in silver.

Carole I enjoyed this workshop very, very much, thank you for all the work you have put and are putting in to help us understand and work with these vectors! Now I'm going back to making and exporting more leaves and shapes for future us, but as a diversion I'll do the 1-2-3 challenge of this week.

Vector Workshop Day7-600.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 10

Here is Lesson 7, and it went smoothly. This time I used Cassel's ChainBead-08 picture tube.

No problems with the arms or else... I wonder if the issue I had in Lesson 5 had anything to do with the image size or the number of nodes... Although I had clicked then numerous times on the center of the nodes, the icon (two curved arrows with plus sign in the middle) would not appear... That's why I had to move the nodes.

Still working on the extra practice of lesson 3... I am slow!

Lesson7_practice .jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

The zippers also come with a single "closed" version.

I bought some so I will look and see if I have a closed version. I did like what I made, even for an odd shape.  I thought I could use it as a hanging piece and put screws where the loops are.  There is an infinite amount of unique designs one can make with Vectors.  And even what I thought was "ugly" turned out to be pretty cool looking.  

• Like 3

Carole, this was a great workshop! Thank you!

Although I knew most of the techniques, I was not using them often, so I had to go back and check the tutorials every time. I am not saying that I will not go back to the instructions, but I do feel more secure working with some techniques.

• Like 1

I have really loved these lessons and although fairly comfortable with nodes, there is always something new to discover and learn. I used GeoSlab Font and a Ladybug element I made a long time ago and made it a directional tube with Carole's directional tube Script. Probably one of the first ones I bought from the store and use it such a lot. Thank you Carole, brilliant as always.

Vector Workshop lesson 7-SGH-23-07-2023.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, Michele said:

I used Particle Shop which is a plugin from Corel. I purchased a bunch of brush packs in the past, but I haven't been able to restore them all on my newer laptop yet. So instead of using the smoke brush, I used the flame brush in white and added a little Gaussian blur. I have smoke brushes in PSP, but I wanted to give Particle Shop a go.

Thank you Michele. It is effective and you are good to experiment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am enjoying this deep dive into learning about and working with vectors, however it does seem to take me a long time to get through the lesson with understanding  I decided to post one picture which shows lesson 3 & 4 together. You will also see a "sea creature" preset  (in the presets drop down) which was extra practice for the Diamond gang. Looking forward to trying my hand at the next lessons after seeing all the creative work posted here. I too was sizing my working using pixels and so have the jagged edge which confused me as it was a vector.... Thanks for the tip off to that Carole.

Lesson 3 & 4 600.jpg

• Like 11
  • WOW 1
  • Love 3

Continuing with more of Lesson 2. I am beginning to like and understand vectors a bit more than when I first started. My goal is to finish the class, it might take me a bit longer, but I will stick with it. Thank you for all your help, Carole,  and thanks to everyone here in the forum. Your tips and input help a lot also.

Anita-Vectors-2-Label-02.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 6

Day 6

"Come on, Barbie, let's go party!"

The flower uses pink pearls from Creation Cassel. The outline for the logo is the pink LED light also from the store.

The font is Barbie Medium which was used for the logo from the 90s. The new logo doesn't have an official font, although Dollie Script is a close approximation. Of course, the font color is Barbie pink (#e94196).

And just in case you really need more Barbie projects, the Barbie font is available for the Cricut as well as ALL of the logos going back to 1959.

And now I'm done. No more pink for today.

GNL-Day6-VectorTube-01.jpg

GNL-Day6-VectorTube-02.jpg

GNL-Day6-VectorTube-03.jpg

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Like 5
  • Love 12

On 7/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, James Brady said:

My second picture, below, is very small because I had to keep reducing the size to get this program to accept it. I wonder why, most of the other pictures in the forum are much larger.

I had that problem in the past, James, and found that increasing the JPG compression did the trick. Carole had told me to use 22 but that seems to be best for Facebook or printing. For here, I had to increase it to 72 dpi.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Suzy said:

I have a low threshold for things not working right the first time.  ISN'T THERE A SCRIPT FOR THIS?  Or some preset pen tool shapes in the store?

LOL I seem to have the same affliction! Still trying to gear up to finish Lesson 2. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I purchased the cass directional tube script and spent a lot of time today converting some of my graphics to directional tubes. It was so much fun that I couldn't stop playing with it. The diamond and the amethyst are from my Build a Kit. I made the heart today.

dsDamethyst600.jpg

dsDgoldbeads600.jpg

dsamethystcircle600.jpg

dsheartcircle600.jpg

• Like 9
  • WOW 1
  • Love 7

Lesson 5:

Have been away from the computer for a couple of days, and WOW, so much to catch up on. Have had a quick peruse of the pages I've missed on the forum and there are some wonderful snippets of creativity from everyone.

I managed to complete Lesson 5 today, but will struggle to get 6 and 7 done tomorrow.

Really enjoyed learning about text on a path - on a photo and on a preset shape.

Anyways here are my offerings for no 5:

Text Above and Below Vector Workshop Lesson 5.jpg

Wintes Morn Vector workshop lesson 5.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 6