Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

46 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I am struggling with Lesson #2 - my rectangle is misbehaving and I'm probably missing a step, maybe. I deleted my first attempt and even opened a new image but now when I draw my rectangle it appears with rounded corners! So, going with that, if I add the side node and attempt to stretch it out, the entire rounded rectangle moves over. And then, when I try again, nodes appear on all sides and corners... aarrgghh! I'm working in PSP 2022.

The round corners are because you likely have a value for the radius. Keep it at 0.

For the nodes on all sides, let me send you a message about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

Hello everyone,

It's good to be back at the computer. It's been hectic around here. First a shoulder replacement (another one to come), then the sale of our house. It sold in 4 days and we had to be out in 26 days. We are now living in our RV waiting for our new house to be built. We're in Sycamore RV Park in Illinois for about 5 weeks, so now a bit of down time. Yay!

I was able to do the first Vector lesson today. No frills, just the lesson. Time for number 2!

Heart 600px.jpg

Arrow 600px.jpg

So good to see you back, Lynda. I'm glad you're feeling better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marvin Fojtasek said:

My lesson 2 submissions. I feel so inadequate when I see so many better examples.

We all have to start somewhere, Marvin. If you could see the things I produced when I was a beginner, you would feel much better. Just keep it up and you'll get there. BTW, I think the shapes you created are just fine. Workshops are for learning. ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I am struggling with Lesson #2 - my rectangle is misbehaving and I'm probably missing a step, maybe. I deleted my first attempt and even opened a new image but now when I draw my rectangle it appears with rounded corners! So, going with that, if I add the side node and attempt to stretch it out, the entire rounded rectangle moves over. And then, when I try again, nodes appear on all sides and corners... aarrgghh! I'm working in PSP 2022.

I feel your pain Ann. I went through the same thing.  My biggest issue was making the selection.  The selection has it's corner nodes as all selections do so I kept grabbing that instead of the node.  I did a lot of rewinding on the video so I could see where precisely I was supposed to be pointing my cursor.  Carole makes it look so smooth and easy.  I think, Okay, I can do that easy peasy....and the universe laughs at me and says, Oh really, let me show you just how bad you can mess it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I feel your pain Ann. I went through the same thing.  My biggest issue was making the selection.  The selection has it's corner nodes as all selections do so I kept grabbing that instead of the node.  I did a lot of rewinding on the video so I could see where precisely I was supposed to be pointing my cursor.  Carole makes it look so smooth and easy.  I think, Okay, I can do that easy peasy....and the universe laughs at me and says, Oh really, let me show you just how bad you can mess it up.

Thanks for the commiseration, Susan! I've been in contact with Carole as to whether there's a bug in my PSP2022. I tend to think the bug's between my ears!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hello everyone! 

Already 10 pages on the third day on vector! wowww
I couldn't make it before, I was out and about and couldn't get my work done on the right day because my Wi-Fi connection at the cottage is so bad.  I'm in town with a good connection and will stay there until the end.  Having already had labyrinthitis, I get dizzy when I'm at the computer.  I'll try to read everything that was said before my message when I'm feeling better.

In the meantime, here's my Day 1 - I hope to catch up soon.

Thanks Carole for this workshop, I really need it as you can see from my work today.   My lines aren't straight :-(

Jour1.jpg.0bde06901e645158ceac4adf69bae773.jpg    Jour1.2.jpg.7918a2b1b29ca35dba972d6ea5532101.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Thanks for the commiseration, Susan! I've been in contact with Carole as to whether there's a bug in my PSP2022. I tend to think the bug's between my ears!

It must be a virus, 'cause I have it too.  hahaha

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Cassel, on Day 3, why don‘t we just select all the nodes and make them all symmetric at once, straight off, from the very beginning? It would be quite a bit faster, and when we get to an interior node, we can change it to cusp right away.  As an alternate to that, what about control Y?  (As an alternate to that, can The new Corel make it easier to get to the node types? It’s too much scrolling and clicking and not user friendly!

• Like 4

This Vector workshop is just a bit overwhelming since I have not worked with the new Corel 2023. I am lost on the first lesson watched the video several times and still have not grasped the first lesson. I just don't have the time to go back to the beginner lessons and then try to do the next lesson vector workshop before the time is up. I might be, retired but I have to keep up my inventory for the next craft show to sell my own jewelry I make to earn a profit. Trying to work this in too is turning into an all-day thing for me which I cannot do. So I am going to have to drop out of this vector workshop for these reasons. Thank you for having me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I'm so exhausted after doing these. I had to keep deleting, redoing, and re-saving my image files and shape files. I think I understand the process now; we'll see when I do Day 3. LOL I have a couple of labels for you, a label that ended up being a hat (?), and a pair of lips. I'm going to get some sleep now. 

large.Label04600.jpg.15cb51bdfd319b89844f8e44e0184b90.jpglarge.Label05600.jpg.5a1c579812bb87614b60fde84ee4570a.jpglarge.Hat01600.jpg.de371bab8186b040c8962a57ddd91b5e.jpglarge.Lips01600.jpg.9df6c400773080ae65cd17132178f780.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 6

4 minutes ago, SHARON HUGHES said:

This Vector workshop is just a bit overwhelming since I have not worked with the new Corel 2023. I am lost on the first lesson watched the video several times and still have not grasped the first lesson. I just don't have the time to go back to the beginner lessons and then try to do the next lesson vector workshop before the time is up. I might be, retired but I have to keep up my inventory for the next craft show to sell my own jewelry I make to earn a profit. Trying to work this in too is turning into an all-day thing for me which I cannot do. So I am going to have to drop out of this vector workshop for these reasons. Thank you for having me. 

There's no time limit, Sharon. If you ever find the time, you can always give it another shot. By the way, I've been sticking with 2022 because there seem to be too many glitches in 2023

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Cassel, on Day 3, why don‘t we just select all the nodes and make them all symmetric at once, straight off, from the very beginning? It would be quite a bit faster, and when we get to an interior node, we can change it to cusp right away.  As an alternate to that, what about control Y?  (As an alternate to that, can The new Corel make it easier to get to the node types? It’s too much scrolling and clicking and not user friendly!

You can make them all symmetric, but sometimes, you will want to keep a sharp area. When you make everything symmetric, you will get a swollen shape! It is a matter of preference since it also means you will HAVE to tweak all the nodes instead of just SOME.

Unfortunately, Ctrl-Y does not apply to editing nodes. It would have been a good idea, but that "command" is not recorded in a way to be used with the Repeat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SHARON HUGHES said:

Keep with it @SHARON HUGHES even though you're not working with 2023.

I use PSP 2022, and as for time wise, I purposely don't spend too much time in one go doing the projects - probably no more than an hour each time. I find it overwhelming also with watching, re-watching, pausing, clicking, going back to the project etc. I tend to keep to the basics with the workshops because of this, and when time allows I have a play around adding effects and backgrounds etc. I also write down a lot of notes and what things mean etc so I can go back in case I 'forget' ?

I'm enjoying the workshop and it is worthwhile. I'm surprised how much I've learnt in just a couple of days.

Good luck with your craft show ?

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, SHARON HUGHES said:

Tell us where you are confused. Are you seeing something different in your PSP than in the video? What was the previous version you worked with? Maybe you just need to adjust your workspace?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Michele said:

There's no time limit, Sharon. If you ever find the time, you can always give it another shot. By the way, I've been sticking with 2022 because there seem to be too many glitches in 2023

Thank you that is refreshing to hear. I use 2022 also I just recently upgraded to 2023 and it can be over the top too. But your encouragement is really helpful. Thanks again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2