What is your "favorite" purchase?

Cassel

Well, haven't had a chance to play with all of them but the one script I did use I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner... Merge Group Rename.

I always drag and drop my photos into the layer palette of the template I'm using so it keeps the image name but I always lost that when merging the group so would have to rename the merged layer. Now I don't have to ?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Rene, after seeing your comment, I added this script, Merge Group Rename, to my Wish List.

Ann and Bonnie, like both of you, I also got the Open Book Script. ? 

I am sure this script was a hit this time, thanks to Gerry Landreth posting layouts with it... At least, it was the reason I purchased it!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Cristina said:

Rene, after seeing your comment, I added this script, Merge Group Rename, to my Wish List.

Ann and Bonnie, like both of you, I also got the Open Book Script. ? 

I am sure this script was a hit this time, thanks to Gerry Landreth posting layouts with it... At least, it was the reason I purchased it!

I have just played with the Open book script so far.  When I saw Gerry's book I had to have it.  Now I'm going to add the Merge Group rename too to my wish list.  I always think I will go back and rename it, then I dont.  I bought 24 items so it will take some time to get them all installed and tried out.  I did buy lots that would be good for making kits, like button machine 3, a number of bows, some tubes, confetti maker, paper pattern type scripts and the two tone font.  I'm looking forward to playing with that one. After watching the Vector Master Classes and now on the Brush Variance classes I can see how that font will come in handy.  I could see scheduling in time for just playing with tools to see what they do (with assistance from the master classes) without having to think of and end layout in mind.  I'm taking a PSP short break while I catch up on an ongoing abstract photo project so I can eject the flyers (I'm photographing) out of my house.   

DPWS-Lesson 6-Open Book-Baby Slugger-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I'm taking a PSP short break while I catch up on an ongoing abstract photo project so I can eject the flyers (I'm photographing) out of my house.   

Inquiring minds want to know what KIND of "flyers" are you "ejecting"? Are they alive or dead? ?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Inquiring minds want to know what KIND of "flyers" are you "ejecting"? Are they alive or dead? ?

hahaha, you crack me up.  Not sure if you remember that abstract spines of the flyers I was taking pictures of.  It's those. I keep saying to myself I"m not going to bring home any more flyers.  But I see some with a cool color combo or design and I end up at home wth copious bundles of flyers.  I'll post a few, but right now I'm late leaving for work.  Work is such a hassle when it cuts into my creative time.? 

PS. they are quite dead (if dead means "stale dated").  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

My favorite script is not a fancy one with which you can make great layout but the humble "Raster to Mask" script. It is such a time saver but I did buy it on another occasion. From this sale it has to be the "Custom Confetti" and I only gave it a quick try, because this weekend we had visitors and I wanted to finish the Double Page Workshop first. But I like that it makes confetti from any image design or shape, so it will always match the project I'm doing.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

My favorite script is not a fancy one with which you can make great layout but the humble "Raster to Mask" script. It is such a time saver but I did buy it on another occasion. From this sale it has to be the "Custom Confetti" and I only gave it a quick try, because this weekend we had visitors and I wanted to finish the Double Page Workshop first. But I like that it makes confetti from any image design or shape, so it will always match the project I'm doing.

I got one called Confetti Maker and one called Punched Confetti.  I couldnt decide, so I got both.  The Build A Kit workshop really taught me that I want to make more of my own elements/papers etc, So I bought things with that in mind.  That workshop had a big impact on me.  And now I see the value in the Double Page layout too.  Love the workshops.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

My favorite script is not a fancy one with which you can make great layout but the humble "Raster to Mask" script

It is my favorite, also, and I use it all the time, though I think I've encountered a glitch when working on a template that started as a PSD. One of the photo areas would not turn to a mask and went all white.?? I ended up doing the mask by hand (had to drag out my written instructions...the script has got me spoiled!)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

It is my favorite, also, and I use it all the time, though I think I've encountered a glitch when working on a template that started as a PSD. One of the photo areas would not turn to a mask and went all white.?? I ended up doing the mask by hand (had to drag out my written instructions...the script has got me spoiled!)

I have only ever used it on PSD templates and have had no problems. I'm guessing it was something with the specific template that caused the glitch.

I scrapped 4 of my week in review templates yesterday and used the Raster To Mask and Merge Group Rename on all of them. Worked so well, I did bind them to my custom toolbar!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I have only ever used it on PSD templates and have had no problems. I'm guessing it was something with the specific template that caused the glitch

Thanks, Rene. It was the Yin_template 501.psd that I used for the scattered photos for Lesson 4 of the Double Page Workshop. I think two of the photo areas refused to process with the raster-to-mask script so I did them by hand. The script saved a lot of time considering there were 19 photos all told. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Thanks, Rene. It was the Yin_template 501.psd that I used for the scattered photos for Lesson 4 of the Double Page Workshop. I think two of the photo areas refused to process with the raster-to-mask script so I did them by hand. The script saved a lot of time considering there were 19 photos all told. 

I didnt use the template, just made the masks myself.  Raster-To-Mask would have saved me a lot of time.  On the other hand, I've finally committed to memory how to make the masks. Actually, it really didnt take that much time to make them.  I wonder which would be faster to see.  Carole making a mask or the script making a mask...my bet is on Carole.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

This is a sample the of the flyer "spines".  the big one is a shiny very thin 1/4 fold furniture flyer, the upper right is Safeway (food always makes cool colors on the spine) and bottom right is another thin, not shiny 1/4 fold Michaels flyer.  They make neat patterns.  Not sure what I'll do with them but maybe one day i'll figure it out.  Right now, they just look cool to me. This is a layout from a past sketch challenge.

sketch challenge ver2-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Ann I had the same problem as you and needed to do that one by hand too with the same result to drag out the instructions! I agree that script gets one very spoiled, but I continue to use it frequently.?

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I have only ever used it on PSD templates and have had no problems. I'm guessing it was something with the specific template that caused the glitch.

I scrapped 4 of my week in review templates yesterday and used the Raster To Mask and Merge Group Rename on all of them. Worked so well, I did bind them to my custom toolbar!

Rene I did bind it to my toolbar too, it's so convenient that way!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My favorite script is cass-alphaseparator which I actually downloaded by accident. I have found this script really helpful in making adjustments to my Titles and words because the script does all the work of separating and formatting for you on the vector letter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is a sample the of the flyer "spines".  the big one is a shiny very thin 1/4 fold furniture flyer, the upper right is Safeway (food always makes cool colors on the spine) and bottom right is another thin, not shiny 1/4 fold Michaels flyer.  They make neat patterns.  Not sure what I'll do with them but maybe one day i'll figure it out.  Right now, they just look cool to me. This is a layout from a past sketch challenge.

That looks like Bargello patterns!

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, Cassel said:

That looks like Bargello patterns!

Very much.  I have a number of them where I did the bargello pattern.  Your script is on my wish list for the next sale.  My original inspiration was from a glass artist who made complex bargello patterns in fused glass.  Soon I as I started where I work now and saw the spines of flyers or paper sections I knew I wanted to do that with paper.  The whole project was supposed to be called F & G because that was the sections of the paper that I inserted on those nights. My co-workers thought I was nuts, now they dont even bat an eye when they see me taking bundles home.  (these are left over bundles, sometimes there is really cool patterns but that flyer will run out so I dont get them) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Rene I did bind it to my toolbar too, it's so convenient that way!

Corrie, many months ago, did you post a picture of how you organize your scripts and other purchases from the store.  It looked like an Excel spreadsheet and it had the preview photo on it as well, and the instructions and other information (what folder to put it in etc).  I want to do a similar thing with my scripts, tubes etc.  Just having the Name and Instructions in a MSWord document doesnt work for me.  Excel has conditional sorting, and other types of sorting that will work better.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Corrie, many months ago, did you post a picture of how you organize your scripts and other purchases from the store.  It looked like an Excel spreadsheet and it had the preview photo on it as well, and the instructions and other information (what folder to put it in etc).  I want to do a similar thing with my scripts, tubes etc.  Just having the Name and Instructions in a MSWord document doesnt work for me.  Excel has conditional sorting, and other types of sorting that will work better.

At first I was copying the text documents from each script into a WordPerfect document but that was a pain when I wanted to look up the info when I ran the script. I also have them on a spreadsheet I keep with info about Scrapbook Campus, again putting the info from the text document on it. But it was also a pain to look up stuff when running a script.

So I took the time the other day to set up a tab in my OneNote Scrapping notebook for the scripts. I have a page listing all that I have purchased and another page for my "to be purchased" scripts. I then organized them by type - Tool, Element, Photo with the main page listing all scripts bought from that category. Each category then has a page for each script where I copied the text document. I have thought about putting the preview on this page as well for each script, just haven't done it.

When I was playing with some of the scripts the other day, I had OneNote open to my scripts section and would have the info on the script I was using on my 2nd screen. Really helped since with some scripts you need a blank canvas and I can never remember which ones!

• WOW 1