What is your "favorite" purchase?

Cassel

13 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

At first I was copying the text documents from each script into a WordPerfect document but that was a pain when I wanted to look up the info when I ran the script. I also have them on a spreadsheet I keep with info about Scrapbook Campus, again putting the info from the text document on it. But it was also a pain to look up stuff when running a script.

So I took the time the other day to set up a tab in my OneNote Scrapping notebook for the scripts. I have a page listing all that I have purchased and another page for my "to be purchased" scripts. I then organized them by type - Tool, Element, Photo with the main page listing all scripts bought from that category. Each category then has a page for each script where I copied the text document. I have thought about putting the preview on this page as well for each script, just haven't done it.

When I was playing with some of the scripts the other day, I had OneNote open to my scripts section and would have the info on the script I was using on my 2nd screen. Really helped since with some scripts you need a blank canvas and I can never remember which ones!

Good information Rene.  Thank you.  that is just my problem.  Some have instructions you need to follow and i want to have access to them.  I do have all the README files in one folder, but want a visual as well. then I can do a search say for BOWS and get all the ones that have bows, then I can see which one I want to use and how big the ribbon needs to be etc.  This is year I get organized....hahaha, just like every year! Really, I mean it this time.  Oh oh, that's another fib.  

Did you put One Note on the bottom bar (task bar?) I have to go diving for mine as I never use it, but seems like lots of people do so it might be worth looking at that one as well.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2

I'm still playing with the scripts that I purchased. A new one  is cass-scatterbrush which I love. I made a heart pattern and used it to fill a border on an 11by14 image for my grandson's engagement that I would like to have printed on canvas. If there are any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

merge11by14.jpg

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Did you put One Note on the bottom bar (task bar?) I have to go diving for mine as I never use it, but seems like lots of people do so it might be worth looking at that one as well.

Yep. Like you I would forget to use it since I had to go through the start menu to find it.

• Like 3

I am also organizing the purchased folders I created ages ago. While doing this, I  noticed I had scripts in 3 different folders; some were unzipped!!  This mess explains why I was getting "You already have this script" while trying to buy it again.

In the future, when I create a layout, I'll make a point of using at least one script, brush, and tube, as some I use more often than others... A few I never used. ?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cristina said:

I am also organizing the purchased folders I created ages ago. While doing this, I  noticed I had scripts in 3 different folders; some were unzipped!!  This mess explains why I was getting "You already have this script" while trying to buy it again.

In the future, when I create a layout, I'll make a point of using at least one script, brush, and tube, as some I use more often than others... A few I never used. ?

Me too.  Unzipped stuff, and me thinking, that's where that went.  I usually have a specific spot the zip and readme folder goes once I'm loaded it into My PSP Resources folders, sometimes I forget to do that.  We need a script to catalogue our scripts/store purchases...but where would that script go?  hahaha

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

My scripts were a mess when I transferred everything to a new computer. I had purchased scripts that I never downloaded. I now download all my scripts onto the desktop. After I have opened them and placed them in the 2023 scripts folder, I then save both the zipped and unzipped into a folder on my external hard drive specifically for scripts. That way if one is missing in 2023 or other version, I can recopy them.

Because of this thread, I discovered that I had the script raster to mask and had never used it. I have been playing with it, and I love it!

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 4

Hi All,  

Loved every one but a Few I have never got to run, just cant get there but I thought the mask maker one would be my favorite and I could make pages for my pictures but never have been able to run it  I have go to revisit it but its hard especially this last weekend  on the Birthday Discount days to not buy, I want to buy the one what puts a picture on pages so build pages to make my digital scrapbooking.   And the new one I seen that makes texts into Pictures but I bought so much I dont know how to do so need to hold back but trust me Its hard,  I love so much in our Store ?  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Everyone is so Amazing!!!   oh my gosh your all so Great

I am trying but    Need to get there  not where you all are but just to do it and not be stuck ?   I hear my Grandson about this square roots and negatives and negatives and positives are all equal doesn't matter if its positive or negative  Same way I am on this   I know I never could do what hes doing 11 grade math but  I am getting somewhere  at different times in my Quest to submit work  not just delete it all the time.  

this time i bought lot of wonderful things

not all used, 

Airbrushed Paper - PSP script

Contact Sheet - PSP script

Open book - PSP script

Stack'n Cluster - PSP Script

Color Paint - PSP Script

Curved photo - PSP script

Paint Splash - PSP Script

Pop Art - PSP Script

Split Photo - PSP Script

Watercolor - PSP script

Netting - PSP Picture Tubes

Skyline 2 - Picture Tube

Spiral Binding #1 - PSP Tubes

Colored Pearls - PSP Picture tubes

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This thread made me realize that I had already purchased the raster to mask script. I used it on my flower pictures. They are all from flowers in my yard. I also used the seamless pattern script to make the letter fill and the scatter script for the border. The font is Amen which was on my computer. It is not as clear as I would have liked it. The background paper is a solid paper from my kit. Most of the masks are from brushes except one.

page2600.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/25/2023 at 6:03 PM, Rene Marker said:

Yep. Like you I would forget to use it since I had to go through the start menu to find it.

If you use the Search function on the taskbar in Windows (or the CMD+spacebar in OS) you can find anything - fast! I never go searching for what I want. Just a quick search and it turns up.

34 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

If you use the Search function on the taskbar in Windows (or the CMD+spacebar in OS) you can find anything - fast! I never go searching for what I want. Just a quick search and it turns up.

I am a visual person and like having the icons where I can see them either on the taskbar or on my desktop. I also use the stuff when it is readily available. I also dislike the search function in windows and prefer not to use it if I don't have to. But that is just me!

• Like 1

I can't say I have a favourite yet, but I am just starting to play with some of the scripts I have. It seems to me that these Slats scripts work best on large photos. I downloaded one from Unsplash to test them out. I don't really do enough layouts to give the scripts a good old workout!

Lemur Word Slats.jpg

Lemus Slats 2 Script.jpg

• Love 6

2 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

And here's how the Word Slats script gets cut off when the photo I use is not large enough. This one is 1072 x 1440 px.

Since it is left in layers, you can enlarge the photo or size down the mask ?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I am a visual person and like having the icons where I can see them either on the taskbar or on my desktop. I also use the stuff when it is readily available. I also dislike the search function in windows and prefer not to use it if I don't have to. But that is just me!

Me too out-of-sight out-of-mind is me to a T.  I havent had very much luck with the Windows search, works sometimes but mostly seems to take too long.  I need to organize better so I dont have have to hunt for files, because on that day I thought to put a file somewhere brilliant.  So brilliant, I'm too dull to find it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

And here's how the Word Slats script gets cut off when the photo I use is not large enough. This one is 1072 x 1440 px.

word slats error.JPG

Do you get to choose if you want the word on the bottom or the top?  I have been curious about these scripts.  I like the look of them, but have been trying to get some element type scripts first.  

9 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Do you get to choose if you want the word on the bottom or the top?  I have been curious about these scripts.  I like the look of them, but have been trying to get some element type scripts first. 

Yes, you have that option. When I code scripts, I try to offer as many options as I can.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am not very good at scattering which is why I purchased the scatterbrush script. After experimenting, I created a star scatter to use on the glitter papers that I made in my kit. The original image was 500 by 500 px, made seamless with Effects and put on a new raster layer above the glitter paper. I added the pattern and changed the blend mode to dodge. The script was just what I was looking for to make scatters.

roseglitter600wstars.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 2

Last one for today. I am having so much fun playing with my old and new scripts. I made a flower paper using the seamlesspattern script. I am not that fond of the paper but it is part of my learning process. I love the script!

flowerpattern600.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Donna Sillia said:

Last one for today. I am having so much fun playing with my old and new scripts. I made a flower paper using the seamlesspattern script. I am not that fond of it, but it is part of my learning process.

flowerpattern600.jpg

Playing is fun but, more than that, is my learning process too.

4 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Playing is fun but, more than that, is my learning process too.

Believe it or not, I still learn and discover things while "playing" with PSP. Even accidents can be happy at times!

• Love 3