What is your "favorite" purchase?

Cassel

15 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

here I used the curved photo script , the airbrush paper script and the openbook

to finish my day 6 project

large.doublepage-WS-day6-nasenbren--web.jpg.94471a2296ef4e2ce3fff81dddd79bdc.jpg

Beautiful Anja.  I have two of those scripts.  I dont have the airbrush paper script, it sure looks great on your layout.  Another one to add to my wish list!  Love that font too.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I cant even imagine how you do scripting and keep it all straight in your head when you are doing it. 

I COULD show you some of my tricks if you want, although you have to not be scared of code!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I COULD show you some of my tricks if you want, although you have to not be scared of code!

It may be scary at first glance, but it is so interesting to learn how it's done. And the Scripting Course shows it at a very slow pace.

48 minutes ago, Cassel said:

40 minutes ago, Cristina said:

It may be scary at first glance, but it is so interesting to learn how it's done. And the Scripting Course shows it at a very slow pace.

I'm entertaining those thoughts, but still still a litte frightful of coding.  Not in the 'grizzly-bear-chasing-me' frightful, more like when I'm stretching on the floor after I workout and i turn my head...and....THERE IS THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIDERS STARING ME AND LICKING IT'S LIPS.  Spider lips are the worst!

Edited by Susan Ewart
spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I'm entertaining those thoughts, but still still a litte frightful of coding.  Not in the 'grizzly-bear-chasing-me' frightful, more like when I'm stretching on the floor after I workout and i turn my head...and....THERE IS THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIDERS STARING ME AND LICKING IT'S LIPS.  Spider lips are the worst!

Susan, you can try and see if this is for you... Sometimes, the fear makes the spiders bigger than they really are. ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

So true.  I think I might give it try closer to the fall when I want to stay inside (when it's snow and -30). 

I plan on another cohort for the scripting course. Last time, I started it in August, with 2 lessons per week (I was also making videos to illustrate the lessons and add information about changes in more recent versions). Maybe you would like to join then.

• Like 1

The $75.00 price tag is what stops me from purchasing the class, well that and the non-English, non-actual words in a script.  It’s a decision….Diamond member or Scripting class?  More and more and more finished useable scripts by Cassel or Scripting class?  So far, Scripting class has lost out, LOL!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Suzy said:

The $75.00 price tag is what stops me from purchasing the class, well that and the non-English, non-actual words in a script.

The whole class is $60. As for non-English in coding, you might be surprised that most of the commands are actually using English words as the language is Python and it is English based. Have you ever opened a script in Notepad?

And of course, you might still want to rely on ready-made scripts. I have over 15 years of experience in scripting, so even though I started with that same exact course, I have learned more since. But, at any point, if you change your mind, you know where I am!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I plan on another cohort for the scripting course. Last time, I started it in August, with 2 lessons per week (I was also making videos to illustrate the lessons and add information about changes in more recent versions). Maybe you would like to join then.

Very tempting.  Is it something I always have access to after the course is done? I feel it will be a steep learning curve for me, but the idea of learning something like that is appealing.  

7 minutes ago, Cassel said:

The whole class is $60. As for non-English in coding, you might be surprised that most of the commands are actually using English words as the language is Python and it is English based. Have you ever opened a script in Notepad?

And of course, you might still want to rely on ready-made scripts. I have over 15 years of experience in scripting, so even though I started with that same exact course, I have learned more since. But, at any point, if you change your mind, you know where I am!

NOT BITING OFF MORE THAN I CAN.....   BUT SOMEDAY YES I WANT TO TAKE IT AND NO never ever did open in notepad I am still lucky I can open my programs  but want to run the mask one  and a couple other   Ive never got that far in yet.

8 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Very tempting.  Is it something I always have access to after the course is done? I feel it will be a steep learning curve for me, but the idea of learning something like that is appealing.  

You have access, and Carole added videos to the course, which is very helpful...   After the course last year, I started to review the lessons, but then, my husband and I started to travel (to make up for covid times), and I didn't continue...  If there is another class this year, I will participate again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Is it something I always have access to after the course is done?

Yes, once you BUY anything in the Campus, you get the permanent access. I still have the written notes printed and bound. I keep referring to them, years later!

• Like 1

Yes, I’ve opened it in Notepad, but then I panic when I see all the symbols. YIKES!

HOWEVER, I have written a script myself, and it is one I bound and use every single time I open PSP. (I wrote it by performing the steps and having PSP record it).

• Like 2

Back in the day when I was learning to make webpages I acquired Note Tab Plus as an alternative to the Windows Notepad. Note Tab numbers the lines so you can find your place in the code. It also has little scripts of its own to automate repetitive tasks which made things easier. I still use Note Tab. It's a Swiss product and I always had the free version. I don't code any more. Left it behind when I transitioned to Dreamweaver for webpages. Honestly don't miss it. Not my favorite thing.

note tab light icon.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Back in the day when I was learning to make webpages I acquired Note Tab Plus as an alternative to the Windows Notepad. Note Tab numbers the lines so you can find your place in the code. It also has little scripts of its own to automate repetitive tasks which made things easier. I still use Note Tab. It's a Swiss product and I always had the free version. I don't code any more. Left it behind when I transitioned to Dreamweaver for webpages. Honestly don't miss it. Not my favorite thing.

note tab light icon.jpg

I also used NoteTab when learning to code webpages but I did get the paid version. I did several websites 25 years ago and did the coding from scratch. I haven't had those websites for years but I am thankful for the classes I took on learning HTML coding and CSS coding. I can actually look at the coding of a page and see where/why they are issues. Sadly I no longer have the program since I've had multiple computers since then. I never thought to move it to the next computer since I wasn't using it...

But coding of webpages is so far advanced of what it was in the 90's.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the topic of favorite purchase...

Awhile back I had bought the Multi-Tool Script then promptly forgot I had it. When I made a page in OneNote for all of the scripts and their descriptions, I took time last week to add the graphic so at a glance I could see what the script does. Because Bow #2 and Bow #10 doesn't tell me a whole lot! LOL

I saw I had the Multi-Tool script. So this weekend when scrapping with a template with lots of layers, I decided to try it. When I scrap I usually turn any of the template layers off (hide them) after I've added my stuff then go through and delete them one by one at the end. So with over 20 hidden layers I figured I'd give the script a go.... Loved it!

Best of all even though it has four tools (delete empty layers, delete hidden layers, re-number the layers in order, unlink all the layers), I was able to say no to the 3 tools I didn't want to use. I can't see me using the renumbering or unlinking tools at all. Delete empty layers is a maybe but I usually end up deleting empty layers as soon as I notice them.

For me, the tool scripts have been the most useful but I can see using some of the Element scripts for the next build-a-kit workshop ? I have played with a few of those. I did like the Custom Kit Buttons script once I got it to work. Wouldn't work in PSP2021 but worked just fine in X8.

I did have an odd result using raster-to-mask on the template I was using. It was not masking the circle template element but making the mask layer solid black. So I looked at the template again and specifically the circle. It appeared to be very close to the edge of the canvas. Turns out it was actually off the caanvas by a small amount. I moved the circle away from the edge and ran the script again and it worked perfectly! So now I know that if something is on the edge of the canvas, move it a little if I want to use raster-to-mask. For my layout, after doing the merge-group-rename on that mask layer, I was able to move the photo into the original spot on the template.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Back to the topic of favorite purchase...

Awhile back I had bought the Multi-Tool Script then promptly forgot I had it. When I made a page in OneNote for all of the scripts and their descriptions, I took time last week to add the graphic so at a glance I could see what the script does. Because Bow #2 and Bow #10 doesn't tell me a whole lot! LOL

I saw I had the Multi-Tool script. So this weekend when scrapping with a template with lots of layers, I decided to try it. When I scrap I usually turn any of the template layers off (hide them) after I've added my stuff then go through and delete them one by one at the end. So with over 20 hidden layers I figured I'd give the script a go.... Loved it!

Best of all even though it has four tools (delete empty layers, delete hidden layers, re-number the layers in order, unlink all the layers), I was able to say no to the 3 tools I didn't want to use. I can't see me using the renumbering or unlinking tools at all. Delete empty layers is a maybe but I usually end up deleting empty layers as soon as I notice them.

For me, the tool scripts have been the most useful but I can see using some of the Element scripts for the next build-a-kit workshop ? I have played with a few of those. I did like the Custom Kit Buttons script once I got it to work. Wouldn't work in PSP2021 but worked just fine in X8.

I did have an odd result using raster-to-mask on the template I was using. It was not masking the circle template element but making the mask layer solid black. So I looked at the template again and specifically the circle. It appeared to be very close to the edge of the canvas. Turns out it was actually off the caanvas by a small amount. I moved the circle away from the edge and ran the script again and it worked perfectly! So now I know that if something is on the edge of the canvas, move it a little if I want to use raster-to-mask. For my layout, after doing the merge-group-rename on that mask layer, I was able to move the photo into the original spot on the template.

Remember when your PSP reverted to saving as X8 and you thought it could be from using a script.  that happened to me tonight (2023).  the last time I used PSP I was using the pinwheel script.  Tonight I started a layout and was saving and I checked the options and it was on X8 only.  I am paranoid because of the past issues, so I check it almost every time I save.  This is the first time for 2023 doing this, but also the first time using a script in 2023.

• Like 1