What is your "favorite" purchase?

Cassel

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Remember when your PSP reverted to saving as X8 and you thought it could be from using a script.  that happened to me tonight (2023).  the last time I used PSP I was using the pinwheel script.  Tonight I started a layout and was saving and I checked the options and it was on X8 only.  I am paranoid because of the past issues, so I check it almost every time I save.  This is the first time for 2023 doing this, but also the first time using a script in 2023.

I haven't had the problem again and it was only after using the one script (Open A Copy) and it changed it to compatibility with PSP8.

It wouldn't bother me if it saved as X8 because I do use X8 a lot and I don't use the features that are not X8 compatible at this time. I just cannot use 2023. I have too many issues with the main one being the issue of it not always going to the layer I'm selecting and especially the bottom layer. So I actually have reverted to using 2021 for all my scrapping. But it doesn't always run scripts right especially the Credit List Compile script that I use on every layout. So I always save my layouts then open them in X8 to run that script, add any text and save. I then go back to 2021 to do any final touches and save the jpg copies. I do text in X8 because I have had issues with the text tool at times in 2021, especially if I have a lot of it. Text wrapping is wonky as well and will actually shut down the program on me. So I do hit save quite often when scrapping because I lost a lot during the Story Teller Workshop on one of the layouts. 

So I'm a multiple version user of the program!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I haven't had the problem again and it was only after using the one script (Open A Copy) and it changed it to compatibility with PSP8.

It wouldn't bother me if it saved as X8 because I do use X8 a lot and I don't use the features that are not X8 compatible at this time. I just cannot use 2023. I have too many issues with the main one being the issue of it not always going to the layer I'm selecting and especially the bottom layer. So I actually have reverted to using 2021 for all my scrapping. But it doesn't always run scripts right especially the Credit List Compile script that I use on every layout. So I always save my layouts then open them in X8 to run that script, add any text and save. I then go back to 2021 to do any final touches and save the jpg copies. I do text in X8 because I have had issues with the text tool at times in 2021, especially if I have a lot of it. Text wrapping is wonky as well and will actually shut down the program on me. So I do hit save quite often when scrapping because I lost a lot during the Story Teller Workshop on one of the layouts. 

So I'm a multiple version user of the program!

I wonder why it does it at all.  I have my compatibility set to x8-2021.  it drives me nuts if a program up and changes a setting on it's own without telling me first.  I have learned to save often too.  Sometimes though, you are in the zone and an hour goes by and then PSP does something weird and you are praying it unsticks itself.  After that it's save, save, save.  It's deflating to lose all the work you have done up to that point.  yesterday I was trying something and it was taking too long and there was a cancel button the action it was doing, so I clicked it and then I got windows pop up that PSP has stopped working, shutting down the program.  ARGh! I had just luckily saved a few minutes before, but still if I hadnt I'd have being quite deflated.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Susan, I haven't had any problems with compatibility, mine is also set to X8-2021, but it's good to know that it might happen so I know where to look.

And I feel your pain about losing work... Like Rene, I am having many issues with 2023 and using other versions to finish a project...  Besides the problem with selecting the layers, I had problems with Text (changing fonts, etc.) where the program crashed a few times... The last issue happened twice, and  I could not open the pspimage file: "Unable to open the file. Please verify that the file is valid."   The first time, I got an older version of the file from the external hard disk, but the second time, they were the same... So I had to start from zero after almost finishing the layout.

21 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

it drives me nuts if a program up and changes a setting on it's own without telling me first. 

If the compatibility is changed, it is likely when you used a script that does save files, like Open a copy for example. Very few scripts will use a Save as... command, but if it does, the compatibility has to be set to older versions of PSP in order for users of those versions to use the script. If you find out what script you used that caused that, let me know and I can tweak it for you.

5 hours ago, Cristina said:

Susan, I haven't had any problems with compatibility, mine is also set to X8-2021, but it's good to know that it might happen so I know where to look.

And I feel your pain about losing work... Like Rene, I am having many issues with 2023 and using other versions to finish a project...  Besides the problem with selecting the layers, I had problems with Text (changing fonts, etc.) where the program crashed a few times... The last issue happened twice, and  I could not open the pspimage file: "Unable to open the file. Please verify that the file is valid."   The first time, I got an older version of the file from the external hard disk, but the second time, they were the same... So I had to start from zero after almost finishing the layout.

Oh no, that is such a defeating feeling to lose your work.  I had the program (2023) crash twice on a layout I was doing yesterday.  I had a windows error pop up to  tell me PSP stopped working and it was shutting it down.  I would rather it have it's compatibility problem then just shut down while I'm waiting for a tool to load.  At least the other problem is just changing another setting.  I did leave my 2022 version on my computer, initially while I was setting up 2023.  I think I will leave it on.  It's not like the computer is old or slow, it's got a lot of ram and another SSD so now it's only 1/2 full.  I always just asssumed it was something I was doing wrong.  Now I'm not so sure, if others are having problems too. It's a bummer no matter what the reason it crashes or misbehaves.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Cassel said:

If the compatibility is changed, it is likely when you used a script that does save files, like Open a copy for example. Very few scripts will use a Save as... command, but if it does, the compatibility has to be set to older versions of PSP in order for users of those versions to use the script. If you find out what script you used that caused that, let me know and I can tweak it for you.

OMG!  yes, I used Open a Copy recently.  the only other one I have used recently is the pinwheel one.  I dont remember which script I was using when it happened.  But now I know so I will be able change it back right away.  thank you for that information.  

• Like 1