Double Page Workshop 2023

Cassel

21 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

Wow love all your wonderful pages , with so different themes and pictures

I am ready now with day 4 and 5

large.doublepage-WS-dayday4-Yin-templ--karneval--web.jpg.4ccae01cb91937495f3879a08212a14f.jpg

large.doublepage-WS-day5-panorama-rursee2-web.jpg.3bb67233105dd48a4e141af680acb27e.jpg

Anja, what beautiful layouts.  The Karneval layout is superb!  

Edited by Susan Ewart
spelling errer,errar,airer....error!
  • Thanks 1

Day 6: The photos are old, but we enjoyed this trip to the reservation so much. I made the grunge background per Carole's instructions. The Title font is an Open font License called "Baltic Boden." I am loving the ofl fonts that I found on the Internet. The text font is "Cascadia Code" and was in my font list. I used cass-shadow for the pictures. The Title shadow was done manually because I didn't like the shadow used by the script. The postage stamp was made by FF, but the stamp is from a scrap tutorial. The stamp font is "atara grunge" which was purchased from Deeezy.com. I used a mask on the photo on the second page and the cass-scatteredelements script using the succulent tubes. I also used the book script.

GrandCanyonWest.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Lesson 6 with the "Open Book" script.  What a fun script.  How does everyone save it to keep the transparent background?  PNG?  (I mean as well as saving pspimage file).  

Fonts: title is British Columbia rough, there are several styles of this font which i had to have, since I born there.  Arial is used in the journaling since I used white I needed it to be very readable.  This is a pretty way to showcase to pages.  

This packaging for the gift took a couple weeks to do.  Lots of components and time waiting for things to dry or glue to set up.  The card is the same, first I have to make a mock up to make sure it's going to unfold properly, then comes measurements (ugh, my nemesis) and then cut the piece and do the build and hope it all comes together.  

DPWS-Lesson 6-Open Book-Baby Slugger-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
fixed typo in layout
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

Lesson7. 

Carole, thank you very much for the recent workshop:)))))) It was a fine work with a double page. I knew some trends of doble page. I know certain places where I can use/find really great templates of double page. In short words: THANKS FOR ALL:)))))))))))))))

Thank you for all members who were working with double pages. Your works inspired me. THANKS:)))))))))))))))

• Like 2

I agree, this was a wonderful workshop.  I have never attempted a double page before and quite liked the results of them.  Lesson 7 was also very informative about how to print them and learning about the gutter.  I like the look of having a lot of photos and pages of having few photos.  I was wow'd by all the different interpretations of the layouts.  

• Like 3

Here is my photo project for Assignment #1 of the Double Page Workshop. It is in Memory of my Dad "Digger" Don Carey who passed away in July of 2003. This July will be 20 years since his passing. He was a wonderful husband, father, and Grandfather.  He was married to my mom for 40years before he passed away he raised 3 great-kids (myself and my 2 sisters) I am the baby of the family and the only boy.(Aren't I Cute LOL) The baby in the last photo is his only grandchild my oldest sister's daughter. Sorry I'm a little behind on the projects but it's been a busy week. Hope everyone enjoys this as much as I have enjoyed viewing the rest of the projects here.

DoublePGProject1.jpg.6c7a2610a58218cc14ab2c48c48e4f9c.jpg

• Love 10

And here is day 6 and the last of this workshop! The left side of the double page has photos of a few of the lakes to show something more than the mountains which I love so much. On the right side are some details of the country as a whole. The background is as in the lesson but when I had the left single page background I mirrored it to the other page to avoid a noticeable seam. The embellishments I already had done some time ago and could use here again. Between the photos I used the picture tube water. Fonts are: Lucinda calligraphy and Joaquin Regular which I used throughout this Workshop.

Double Page 6-600.jpg

• Love 10

OK, Project 3.  I've used photos with less opacity before, but this is the first time using one on 2 separate layouts and combining them in a double page.  As you may see, this wasn't really done well, but as they say, it's good enough for government work LOL.  I'm not going to redo it. 

The subject matter is dear to me.  I discovered this monument when Laurie, Joe and I took our RV trip out west to visit family and extended family members after the Covid lockdown; it is located in South Dakota. I love history and am fascinated by the desire to link various areas of the country by highways.  There is another highway out east that I discovered on a trip with a friend many years ago.  The monument to the road developed from Washington DC to Springfield, IL is located in Zanesville, Ohio.  It is located in a building and the monument is a beautifully done series of dioramas showing its development as time went on.  And then, of course, we now have Interstate 90 which links New York to Seattle, Washington.  Interstate 40 is a very busy highway also and goes from near the eastern seaboard almost to the western seaboard in California.  As I love to travel by car, the history of roads really appeals to me.

2023 DP Wkshop Project 3_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I'm almost glad Mary is also late with her projects. Had a busy week last week and when I finally sat down ,nothing was to my liking. But here's day 1?

My project will be about a museum in the North of the Netherlands.

I used Carole's Cut out phrase script for the text, Arial is the font and also Book antiqua, one other font I don't know. I think the template came from pixelscrapper

Dag 1-links-600.jpg

Dag 1 rechts-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Day 1

I have managed to get some work  done this week (between the computer and an external drive) in spite of my full disc. I plan on continuing to work on some more of the lessons this week! I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the fabulous creative work that has been posted during the workshop.

My pages were Sunflowers from 2022, they are dwarf Sunflowers that I grew in containers on a tabletop. I live in a woodland setting with spots of sunshine, but I have always loved Sunflowers. I have read that you can't grow them under trees, but I think this proves them wrong! If you don't have much space to garden, I would highly recommend giving dwarf Sunflowers a try it is very rewarding!

Cass-DBL-WKSHP_page-1_Day-1_600x600_Compressed.jpg

Cass-DblWkshp-page-2_Day-1_600x600_Compressed.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 9

18 minutes ago, Nancy McNamara said:

Day 1

I have managed to get some work  done this week (between the computer and an external drive) in spite of my full disc. I plan on continuing to work on some more of the lessons this week! I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the fabulous creative work that has been posted during the workshop.

My pages were Sunflowers from 2022, they are dwarf Sunflowers that I grew in containers on a tabletop. I live in a woodland setting with spots of sunshine, but I have always loved Sunflowers. I have read that you can't grow them under trees, but I think this proves them wrong! If you don't have much space to garden, I would highly recommend giving dwarf Sunflowers a try it is very rewarding!

Cass-DBL-WKSHP_page-1_Day-1_600x600_Compressed.jpg

Cass-DblWkshp-page-2_Day-1_600x600_Compressed.jpg

Nice and bright!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

There is another highway out east that I discovered on a trip with a friend many years ago.  The monument to the road developed from Washington DC to Springfield, IL is located in Zanesville, Ohio.  It is located in a building and the monument is a beautifully done series of dioramas showing its development as time went on. 

I'm curious as to what highway this is since I live in Ohio (although the other side of the state).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK, Project 3.  I've used photos with less opacity before, but this is the first time using one on 2 separate layouts and combining them in a double page.  As you may see, this wasn't really done well, but as they say, it's good enough for government work LOL.  I'm not going to redo it. 

The subject matter is dear to me.  I discovered this monument when Laurie, Joe and I took our RV trip out west to visit family and extended family members after the Covid lockdown; it is located in South Dakota. I love history and am fascinated by the desire to link various areas of the country by highways.  There is another highway out east that I discovered on a trip with a friend many years ago.  The monument to the road developed from Washington DC to Springfield, IL is located in Zanesville, Ohio.  It is located in a building and the monument is a beautifully done series of dioramas showing its development as time went on.  And then, of course, we now have Interstate 90 which links New York to Seattle, Washington.  Interstate 40 is a very busy highway also and goes from near the eastern seaboard almost to the western seaboard in California.  As I love to travel by car, the history of roads really appeals to me.

2023 DP Wkshop Project 3_600.jpg

We are looking for some day trips from where we live in northeast Ohio. Zanesville seems like a good place to visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

We are looking for some day trips from where we live in northeast Ohio. Zanesville seems like a good place to visit.

The museum is also a memorial for Zane Grey (obviously Zanesville is his family home).  Zane Grey wrote 3 books about his Zane ancestors which are very good even though they are novels and not biographies.  I was really impressed with that museum which is located off the highway (believe it is federal highway 40).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not finished but here is what I have created so far. I decided to use my basketball group as my theme. It has been harder than anticipated as good photos are hard to find. NOVA United celebrates its 20th anniversary this September. This page features some play and places we have played and other projects we participated in. Does not come close to represent everything.

I decided to use the open book script...just because.

NU open book 1 1200.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8