Mask Workshop 2023

Cassel

This is my project 7.  finally finished the workshop.  whew!!!

Had fun playing.  The background is the combo polka dot - learned that in one of the previous labs I was doing.  I put a "squiggle" from one of the fonts that I imported as a brush.  (What fun!)  And I used that squiggle brush in the four corners of the papers behind the mask.  Ellie is the great granddaughter of my cousin that I visit every year in Illinois.  She is a barrel of fun.  The font is Arlington Script (the only font factory I go to is Creative Fabrica).  I chiseled and inner bevelled the title.  The journaling is in Arial (2 different sizes).  The original polka dot was a deep pink with a white heart squiggle, so the polka dot part of the paper is in the luminance blend mode as the background paper is a deep blue green.  Fun, fun, fun!

2023 Feb Mask Workshop Project 7_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, MoniqueN. said:

I'm finally getting a bit more confident playing with the settings, just found out why my floodfilled backgroundpaper had holes in it where the mask was. Floodfilling all layers wasn't such a great idea ? Uncheked, floodfilled again and it was right ?

Monique, I think we all have made this "mistake" and learned from it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not had the time that I hoped to have this past week to devote to this excellent mask workshop. When I did work on it, I spent ages trying to figure out how to make the plaid. Somehow I kept missing a key element in terms of the settings when going from the sample to creating a square. However, I finally succeeded. I will upload the result which as you can see does not involve any masks--next time, perhaps. Thanks Carole.

20220502Duff 600x600pixels.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@Hank SobahIt is with experimentation that you can discover what replicates reality, what you like, what you don't like, etc. Keep experimenting!

@sharon thompsonThere are some classes on the inside that plays and explains the Brush Variance palette. Have a peek. Once you understand the settings, you will be more comfortable playing with them.

@Donna SilliaThe placement of the photos makes me smile as it seems like he is he really spotting her!

@MoniqueN.Yes, adjusting the size of the pattern is something that depends on every project. And yes, one little checkmark can throw off a tool like the Fill tool! Doing great with creating your own masks, and you can see how it can be customized to the photos!

@Anja PelzerYou can see the different effects with the blurred mask and unblurred. Two ways to address future masks.

@Mary SolaasDid you try using the music picture tubes from the Campus? Colors of papers are changing often, right?

@Harmony BirchBetter late than never. Once you start to understand how masks work, you will see that you will likely create masks more often. Some scrappers tend to have their own preferences. If you like to add frames, go for it!

@Marie-Claire Great layout and Poncho is always so photogenic!

@Karen BorgmannYou are very patient and you will tame that PSP!!! You will win! 

@Alice DanielGlad to see you managed the plaid tutorial!

The tutorials will be left available to all until the end of month, so if you have not had time to complete your projects, you might want to take a  look over the weekend as the month is winding down.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Lesson 5

I used a branch brush, couldn't find another that I liked, at first I didn't like that one either, but then I rotated it on the right side and now it looks better. Not my best work, but it's ok for now.

I really forgot how much fun masks are to make and use!?

les 5-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
The background wasn't placed right.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2