Mask Workshop 2023

Cassel

8 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Carole, I noticed the written-out directions for Day 1 do NOT include the step to De-Float. That may have been the source of my difficulties.

That is a good observation and you got me to recheck things. However, the Deselect will do the trick. If using the Defloat, the selection would stay and it would require the extra step of deselecting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tonimarie said:

Day 1

I made a Valentine's Day card for my husband. It took me a few times to get the hang of this. I kept messing up. I'm going to try again later to see if I get it down. This was amazing to learn!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

maskworkshop01.jpg

It took me a long time too.  I had to write the instructions down and follow them every time...still do.  But I noticed this time it's feeling more familiar.  Sue Thomas is right, only LOTS of practice will make this something I can do without refering to instructions.  Keep going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

That is a good observation and you got me to recheck things. However, the Deselect will do the trick. If using the Defloat, the selection would stay and it would require the extra step of deselecting. 

I had wondered about that.  I was going to ask it in the Q&A.  Is it still a better practice to Defloat, then Deselect.  

18 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I had wondered about that.  I was going to ask it in the Q&A.  Is it still a better practice to Defloat, then Deselect. 

It probably just depends on your habitual workflow. Since there are often different ways to do things, use the method that is more comfortable for you, as long as you get to the same result in the end.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Memphis, TN is my theme.  Fun relearning how to make a shape into a mask.  I've been using the ClipToIt script so much of this year and last year (it's so easy and does all the work for you) but it is important to know what the steps are so that is how I shall continue.  The journaling font is Arial.  The pictures are mine.

2023 Feb Mask Workshop Project 1_600.jpg

I like the blue colour a lot! Suits the pics very well!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My first recollection of blackberry picking was when I  was around 4 with my gran and mum.   Then my  mum and I.  I continued blackberry picking after I got married, introducing my own children, as young as  babies in arms. My grandfather and father wouldn't  start  hedge cutting until after  we had finished harvesting the hedgerows.  My husband wouldn't  start either until I gave him the go ahead.   Sloes, Damsons, Rosehips  and Elderberries were also gathered for acholic beverages, such as Sloe Gin and tea.   When I was home last year, I took my 2 granddaughters blackberry picking several times, what an absolute joy it was. We ate as much as we picked, which was always the norn.   I can still smell the blackberry and apple tarts we made, and ate with  piping hot custard.   I  don't half miss the  fruit picking season. 

Day 2.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 6
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Carole, I noticed the written-out directions for Day 1 do NOT include the step to De-Float. That may have been the source of my difficulties.

Good call, Ann. I think that might've messed me up too, so I went back to my own notes from the previous mask workshop and followed those.

Day 2 Extra. In order to display the photo I wanted to use I had to rotate the page and relocate the little photos a bit too, otherwise they would have obscured the big mask. It was nice to make a plaid from the colors of the photo, I haven't done that for a while. Having scripts makes me lazy! The fonts used are Chocolate Sprinkle and Arial.

Mask Workshop 2023 Extra 2-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Too bad I can't read the instructions to know what to download, or the diagram labels on the mask instructions to figure out what to do.  I am not completely lost in using French, but there are special terms there which I don't know. I would not have signed up for a French language class with such minimal instructions if I had realized it. I think it could be presented in both official languages to be more inclusive.

Back to using the help files and Corel videos instead. Have fun!