Story Time Workshop (2022)

Cassel

Thanks for all the good wishes and yes I will do my rehab faithfully, or at least as good as I can.

On the challenge two years ago I talked about my fear for lighting, but I'm sorry that was my only big fear I can think of. So I tell a story that is related to fear and again about a movie. I used template 6b and the papers are from  the Practical Scrapper in the July 2022 Blogtrain. The filmposter and the pistol are from internet; the cluster and gallows silhoutte are from digitalscrapbook.com

Corrie, Best wishes on your recovery after surgery. It can take a while, but the rehabilitation exercises will help the healing. I hated the orthopedic strengthening exercises after my knee replacement, but they really made a difference in my ability to walk and hike again.

Diane

The theme of our workshop today helped me remember some friendships from school. I wrote about a friend from my elementary school days, maybe in grade three. It is sad to see a child being laughed at or excluded on the playground at school and I wrote of my memory of Dovie.

I used the complimentary design from the workshop, some free clipart, and ps_commons_melissa-harris_266187_bubbles_pu.   It has been fun and I have learned many helpful tools!

Diane

Gerry,

Best thoughts and wishes to you during this stage with your mom. I understand how hard this path is to walk but these days are precious. Have you recorded some of her stories as she tells them? I would record my mom as she would tell of her memories but wish I had recorded more.

Diane

Gerry - I'm with you, I have a great dislike for snakes!

Bonnie - My story would be '3 dead copperheads', unless my husband was around. He likes to rescue the snakes, I prefer to take a shovel to them.

Susan - My childhood dentist was also a smoker, I feel your pain. I'm glad dentists wear gloves these days!

Ann (#81839), I can see that poster being pretty scary!

Diane (#81842), that definitely counts as a fear. At least, it is a story to share! (#81894) So thoughtful. Isn't it nice to remember those "minor" stories, that still deserve to be told? We are certainly happy to read those!

Pirkko (#81844), I guess you were ahead of many and ready for the pandemic as it has been quite popular apparently! (#81861) I used to also be afraid of lightning (my mom was), but now, I love them. I taught my kids to enjoy the show while being safe.

Gerry (#81847), a few years ago, my son decided to get some ball pythons and due to some unforeseen circumstances, had to leave his thirteen pythons at our house. I had NO CLUE how to care for them, and although I was not really scared, I was definitely uneasy. I managed to find someone to take them a foster home. My colleague is like you and is terrified. When I told her about the thirteen snakes at my house, she said she never wanted to visit me anymore... just in case!

Bonnie (#81855), I guess it was best for you to not act afraid, but calm and composed.

Jannette (#81858), it is hard when you are a kid as anything CAN be scary, even your own shadow! (#81880) I wish everyone would consider such disagreements behind them as we are so much more similar than different.

Susan (#81859), smell and taste have a very long-lasting memory and I can just imagine that taste/smell! But in addition, who REALLY likes going to the dentist in the first place?

Marie-Claire (#81869), spontaneously, we would use the arrows to change the settings, and the change is always too much, by default. Now, you might play with that setting more.

Lynda (#81871), I am sure an almost perfect game is almost as hard to get as a perfect one! You deserved a t-shirt! (#81875) It would have made for a nice picture... no taste!

Corrie (#81884), that is exactly what I do when I watch a movie that is somewhat frightening (I don't like those movies): I try to rationalize "how they did that?"

Julie (#81887), some other people will say that when you are not good at sports, you only have arts or music left. You were the other way around!

Even if you have not finished, please continue. There are so many stories we can tell. We can each fill a whole album of stories, at the very least. Let's keep sharing those, whether for ourselves, our family, or everyone else in this community!

Rene,

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was scared by the Wizard of Oz. Now it seems silly but then my Mom left me to watch the film with my sisters. She came back somewhere around the witch scenes and had to take be out of the theater for all the screaming and crying. Now it's one of my favorites, not so much then.

Lynda

Rene, I.m a genealogist as well. It's odd that in an original file not everything is written. I agree with you. But some clerks are rather easy. Might be there is another file for example a church file or a single mom file. My experience is that the more files you can find of someone the more information you have about them. Greetz.

Day 7 and finished! The story about being good is already told in the previous challenge and I really didn't know what to write about, but being nice to a little dog will fit in I think. So my layout is all about dogs and the supplies come from many different sources and some of them I adapted for this story, I used blend modes, overlays, metal leters on the name tag and I placed a photo of my little friend in a round tag. Way back when I started scrapbooking I tried to do just that and had to try many times before I had a more or less acceptable tag. But this time round it went smoothly, so I obviously learned a lot from Carole and the Campus.