Story Time Workshop (2022)

Cassel

Happy Day 3 challenge, Win or lose, Mischief! I love reading all the stories. Some are sad and others are fun.

I wrote about a teen movie night with friends. I cannot believe we did not fear walking downtown at midnight, but those were simpler times in a small town.

I made the heading using the Day 3 challenge, one layer of text,

Beveled, and with shadow; the paper is a jpeg of a fabric swatch, free clipart, and png files

Jannette (#81534), you can make the story as long as you want, and yes, you can do that in two or three pages if you want. (#81551) Yes, we can guess the rest! :)

Petra (#81540), who is Maaike? Is she your daughter?

René (#81541), that is a clever way to add the accent when you don't have it! (#81549) Great family tradition story. (#81557) That is certainly a fun story to tell even if it is not really mischief!

Ann (#81544), it is fun to read the whole story. We all know now!

Anne (#81547), reading the story, I thought they would put the child in the middle to pretend it was baby Jesus. At least, that is what I picture in my head reading that! (do you have any of those pictures?)

Harmony (#81555), it is true that funerals are often the rare opportunities to see relatives living far away. It is great to take that event and make it a happy one. It is usually sad that the person has left, but yes, so many stories are then retold. (#81594) Cute story. If that tree could talk, right?

Corrie (#81560), that explains the nice photos you are sharing!

Susan (#81576), those amusement parks can leave an impression! I remember Expo 67, La Ronde, and some of its rides. I was 6. Maybe I should write that story too!

Gerry (#81581), did your place sustain much damage during the hurricane?

Bonnie (#81582), you should add the year to your story. Playing pickleball is not very specific in that regard! ;)

Marie-Claire (#81589), one little trick: when using lined paper, adjust the Leading value and tweak it so the line spacing will match the lined paper.

Raquel (#81596), that is quite an interesting reason for an unusual spelling (for the time), but I am sure nobody has a hard time pronouncing it now!

Diane (#81598), oh my! I can just imagine your face when you came back to your room!

Pirkko (#81600), there was a Vic-10? I still have a Vic-20 downstairs. My husband is trying to make it work but it does not display well on the old (very old) TV he got for it!

I LOVE reading all those stories. Did anyone think they had no interesting stories to tell? I hope you changed your mind because everything is worth reading. Keep them up. We still have four more days!

Template for Day 2b and I so much like the new templates! It doesn't feel I'm repeating myself for this workshop. I tell the story of my hamsters and for the papers I used a freebie by Creative Fabrica from 2 days ago called RetroLinnen. The photo comes from the internet because I don't have one of my own hamsters and  the other embellishmments are from digitalscrapbooking.com. The font is a layered font called Groovy Yellow.

I like to read all the happy, funny and sad stories and see the layouts that are all different, even by using the same templates! So well done everybody.

Monticello Raceway is nearby, just north of us in Sullivan County, NY. All the photos are from a Google search, except for the class photo of Laurey when she was 16 and had finally shed her braces. The title is done with a pair of fonts that you combine the top (USA Nation Stars) and the bottom (USA Nation Line) with patriotic colors.

This story is famous in our family, and I intend to embarrass Laurey with this layout on Sept 14th, which will be her 60th birthday! (This is how to make ME feel old!) ;-)

Day 4 Sports. I had to dig deep to think of something for this one. I was not and still am not athletic. And, when I was growing up girls participating in organized sports was not a thing in my small town. Even in high school in the early 70's, the girls who did play basketball and volleyball were only playing in intramural sports. But there was a different type of sport that I could participate in. Bowling.

Kit is Bowl-O-Rama by Kirsten Aagard and is available at TheLilyPad.

Day 3 Story Time.  My dirty little secret and my life (short life) of crime.  I was never incarcerated  (grounded) though.  Whew!

I see some new layouts and cant wait to come back and read them.

Fonts used are Arial Rounded (journaling) and Arissa Typeface, that I scuffed up more with the eraser.  Cogwheels are mine for Lab 5-12 (I believe).  Background papers from Digital Scrapbook, except the red which is a flood filled layer.  the red-yellow circle is a flood filled gradient representing my journey back to being a good girl. ?

oops, I see all kinds of grammar errors and wrong works used.  Funny how you can read something over and over and still not see it until you post it.  Now, "that's" a crime!

I just realized that I used Day 4's alternate template for the Day 3 assignment. Although it is clearly marked, it wasn't until I read Susan's comments that it finally caught my eye.

Carole: Thanks for asking about the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. The worst damage was about 15 miles to the south of where I lived. That is where the iconic photos of blocks willed with flattened homes were taken. We had roof damage. Trees were downed, on cars and in living rooms. It was a mess that is still not completely cleaned up after 30 years.

Although I was a very good girl in school I once was in a conspiracy with my friends to do something bad.

For this layout I used papers and embelishments from Escale Amoureuse that. The poster I found on the internet and if have a template for a ticket but I don't recall where I found it, when I started with scrapbooking I did not always documented  my stuff. The font is Balloon

I got stuck on Day 2 template. Everything was going fine until I was trying to add text. Then I couldn't change the font colour and the whole thing was a bust! Still working on it. But this is a rather full-schedule time for me, and some of it is paid work, so that has to come first.  <sigh>

I think of all he promects I have done so far this has to be my favourite, papers and elements coming from tons of different places in my stash, more than a few, the alpha included coming from Marisa Lerin over atdigitalscrapbook.com. My main problem with all these projects is choosing which elements and papers to put together to complement the story I am telling. I think the waterdrop tube just finished this one off nicely.

Because I think the story may be too small to read on the reduced file it says :

When it came to sports day your house got a point if there was someone in a race no matter where they came, and obviously more points for those who came 1st, 2nd or 3rd. When sports day came there was no one for the Breast stroke 100 metres so I volunteered. On the day I prepared as usual and didn't expect anyone to cheer me on due to my lack of popularity. The whistle went and in I dived, concentrating on nothing but my swim and making good turns at each pool end.

On my final length I could hear people shouting, "Margaret, Margaret" (my birth name) and I remember thinking oh there must be someone else called Margaret in this race. The shouts got more excited and as I touched out at the end of the final race a cheer went up. It seems the combination of racing dive and good corner turns had made up for my slower swimming and somehow I had won. I don't think I have ever been more surprised.

Cindy you can never use an / as part of a file name as it is one of the characters your computer uses for knowing where locations are, the hash shows up in the file path all on it's own when there are subfolders, so if you open the cindy folders and make folders inside it then when you navigate to the subfolders from within psp you will see a / even though you have not used one in the name.

Sports and Activities during my school age days were very awkward. I loved to read, sing, and sew. I do remember each time I had a turn to bat during softball season, I made an OUT. When it would be my time to bat for our team, the opposing team would chant, “Instant Out”, and it was …LOL!

I admire Cassel in sharing her swimming abilities. I never learned to swim. I would sink and choke each time.

Everyone, keep telling these precious stories because they are all a part of our lives!

Items I used:

CoffeeShop Bredon Hill Texture blue; bwhite_ps-april21_flower1,2,3,4; ps_commons_dawn-prater_175356_flower-power-border-2_pu; ps_commons_sharin-johnson_314975_4x6-pastel-pointy-journaling-card_pu