What are you working on (July 2022)?

Cassel

Here's another of Corel's templates I used, "card-frame-frame-03." I ran across the pic of the girls several years ago and absolutely fell in love with it, but couldn't track down the original in order to give credit. I adjusted the size to fit FB's format and changed the colors by picking them from the photo. Using the Mosaic Glass effect gave the frame a little more interest without "overpowering" the subjects. The text font is Childwood Normal (free from CF) and the little decorative dingbats are Gumi Font Symbols (free from Dafont).

Mary, beautiful layout for your lab9-mod8.  The color choices are perfect

Ann, so lucky to have chipmunks, you are a master at making templates.

Michele, I love your use of templates and how you've changed them.  Thanks for adding the before and after, it's quite a change and wouldn't think to do that.

Bonnie, I love the colors you chose in both your templates.  And I like the look of both, especially the single one and how you have the subject perfectly in a frame of it's own .

And I agree, I hate the border FB adds.  Good ideas to change the size of the layout to match or make the black border.  On Marketplace they have a big blurred background and a smaller picture of what you are selling and that drives me nuts.  What a waste of pixels and space.

These are 2 of the new cards I made using the "envelop"freebie by CF a couple of days ago. It makes a great mask and I needed some new cards for upcoming birthdays etc. I always leave room to enter a special text for the recipient and I can replace the happy birthday with something else. There was a new freebie yesterday so I hope some of you have got that one. On the pink one I used it as is and the lilac one I adapted.

I just wanted to pass along a discovery I made. Carole mentioned the Basic Scrap Course is next on the agenda, and, as usual, I have done those exercises a few times. I took a look and was pleasantly surprised to find two new lessons added that were quite exciting. Ordinarily there were five lessons, but now there are seven! Here's a link to the new Module 6 of the Basic Scrap Course for everyone to explore. I'll be back with my own interpretation later.

Doing the Basic Scrap Course, just the final two Modules as they are new. Here is Module 6- all about my maternal grandparents coming to America. The title font is Snap. I'll post the journaling too as it's hard to read in 600 format.

"Emil Haggquist and his wife Selma Hammär Haggquist arrived in New York from Sweden via steamship around the turn of the 20th Century. They entered the United States through this huge Immigration Hall on Ellis Island, located in New York harbor. At the height of the immigration rush it could hold 8,000 people at one time.

Immigration officials wouldn't deal with the unusual spelling of his last name, so, willy-nilly, my grandfather became Emil Higgins. His birth certificate stated he was from Russia, but it was actually Finland that was occupied by Russia at the time. Selma had been a widow from Sweden and brought along a daughter, Agnes, from her first marriage. Settled in New York City, they had 2 more children; my uncle Stanford and my mother, Mildred."

Pirkko you made me laugh with these two!

Ann I have seen the new editions to the Basic Scrap Course also and I have started on module 6 but I'm far from finished yet. We have such nice and sometimes hot weather that I'm mostly outside these days, but it will come in due time.

hello Cristina.. Thank you kindly for your comments on my work.. you have always been encouraging  and i appreciate it very much.. Hope you are keeping well and i look forward to viewing more of your work when you are able. Best wishes are sent your way.

Dawn.