What are you working on (July 2022)?

Cassel

Date-07-2022.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in July, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better quality image than the resized image anyways.

Oh, good. I get to post my July Big Cat Calendar first! Here's Cheetah, the fastest animal, able to overtake fleeing antelopes! This is from templates that Carole gave us last fall. Just add your favorite photo, colors and frame.

I also posted this on our Facebook page and put a full size (8.5x11) copy for printing into the Files.

Well, this was supposed to be for the June Scraplift but it wasn't to be.  Life can get unexpectedly busy sometimes.  I learned a lot with this layout.  Out of Bounds technique on the centre dragon and Coloring the red balls with the eraser tool.  This was a long large freestanding cement installation in a new park in Edmonton where the city is putting in a Japanese Garden.  The sculpture starts with the big dragon in the middle and has two scenes on either side with two dragons playing/fighting (?) with a ball.  Since it was already mostly grey, I used HSL to turn the image red, then made a duplicate and desaturated that before using the eraser tool to reveal the red ball.  Out of Bounds was just a small area on the middle photo (top of the head).  I had a little problem with that as I  thought I followed the instructions to put the white frame on the inside.  when I did that the white frame went straight across the out of bounds part.  So I put it on the outside and it seemed to work. Not sure what I did wrong, but got there in the end.  I chose not to do the Slipped in Photo, and subbed in Cutout Word on a curve.  the pen tool was a bit tricky, thankfully the tutorial was really good and I actually made it work.  More pen tool practice is needed.

I have being enjoying all the various posts in the forums, despite not being too active in them.

Guest Guest

I actually made this for the Scraplift challenge, but it was a little late... well, better late than never :)

I have been following the work of a very skilled scrapper for some time now, and with this work I want to thank her for a very beautiful page that gave me the incentive to try as well. Her name is AMarie Charp. The accessories I used in addition to my own can be found:

Staycation Bundle by Jessica Dunn ? (326074) - Layer It 06F by Marisa Lerin (326046) from DigitalScrapbookin.com

Following on from lovely Michele's Silver Elegance last month.  I fancied creating something with that simple silvery look for my website.  Michele sent me the background... and I used it as the main supporting element.  The text was typed out, masked into the same background... then the text (Academy Engraved LET) was deformed with Perspective.  Drop shading was added to make the text stand out from the wall.  A curtain was added for contrast and some lighting and darkening.  No scripts used here but Cassel's flare.png used a few times.  The font on the screen was Kunstler Script.

I have been playing with my PSP21 Effects. I created this from a screenshot I took from a web cam I watch. This effect was from using the Artistic effects -- enamel. I have been having a great relaxing time just playing around because I just don't have any projects I feel like working on right now.

I'm not happy with this one, but I did all the Lab 9 Mod 3 required: watercolor paper, dots in a swirl pattern (made a number of these in various colors), template as a layout for multiple photos or papers or whatever. This was a trip to the Memphis Botanic Garden that my daughter and I took. Great fun. The font is Curlz MT; the rabbit is from PSBT-DBMagnolia, the teacup is from a group of images I got from somewhere as a freebie probably in 2020; the cheshire cat and his smile I got from the brochure we were given at the gardens. I made a large number of watercolor papers in various colors, yellow, pink, blue unfortunately I didn't do one or two in green, but maybe later. No shadows - this is a poster! The layouts in the garden for the different Alice In Wonderland sculptures were made from many flower plants - this is going to be ongoing from May into October - with the heat we have been having, that is going to be quite a job to keep them fresh.

Pirkko.. the yellow daffodils really pop  and draw the eye to your focal point. . I think the whole page is lovely . well done

Brian, great presentations using the silver background.

Anne, it is amazing what we can come up with when we just relax and have a play with effects in PSP . just playing can often spark an idea for a project.. have fun.

Mary, the Memphis Botanic Garden looks an interesting place to visit.. hope you all enjoyed your trip.

best wishes to everyone,

Dawn.

Susan, I just re-read your dragon and the red ball. Pretty neat - how you got the ball red when it's actually cement. Really a neat "trick". I'm going to have to try that somehow on something - I have to think about it, but I want to use it before I forget how you did that!!! LOL

Thank you Mary.  I think there probably is an easier way to do it.  I was trying to do it the same as the tutorial and since I didn't have a color picture to start with I figured I'd color it first then follow the tutorial.  I sure had to zoom in when I was erasing and when I edited the selection for the Out of Bounds.  It was hard to tell where I was sometimes.  I love your Lab postings, you are so dedicated and I can see how much techniques you are learning.  I hope to carve out more regular time to do mine.

Anne, I love your effects posting.  I have never tried them before.  They look like they could be addicting.

I'm so glad you found the silver backgrounds I posted to be useful, Brian. I love what you did with them.

Mary, I don't know why you're  not happy with your botanic garden layout. I think it's lovely and lots of fun. And Curlz MT is a perfect font for your light-hearted page.

Thank you, Michele. And so, this is Lab 9 Module 4. Curlz MT is used in the title again. Things to do: Quatrofoil paper (different than before and I also did papers with the quatrofoil with the square before everything except the outline is deleted; create a yardstick; create a decorated triangle to made an edge for papers, ribbons, etc. All done and the rest of the stuff is mine from a stash created for the things I am learning. The leaves I created in a previous lab - they are crayon rubbings. I used a leaf as was suggested and then created a bunch of them in different colors. The wood burned brad was also created in a previous lab. Fun. And yes, I did visit this afternoon with family on this beautiful 4th of July.

Oh, yes. Thanks to Carole and Sue Thomas, I can now work with a curled ribbon - this really was fun and a good learning experience.

It's a scary thought, but the nights are starting to get longer.  Christmas will be looming upon us  before we know it.  Last night I  decided to make a start  on compiling the dates for the advent calendars.   To be printed on Avery reusable  labels.  6 per sheet.

Sue, those are wonderful.  A great idea.  The weather in Alberta is dismal and cold today, rain, rain, rain.  And I'm pluviophile (rain lover)!  However, I'm in the middle of an abstract flower photo project and without the sun, the flowers are holding tight in their buds. I did get to practice 3 tutorials last night for the next lab, so all is not lost.

After the masterclass from last Sunday I wanted to have an icecream and as I haven't one in the freezer at the moment I made my own! Strawberry and dark chocolate with some, not too many sprinkles. I made a sprinkles tube some time ago and now was the time to use it again. I follow many of the tutorials and have made a lot of stuff that is now ready for use. As you maybe notice my popsicle stick is not perfectly in the middle and a bit on an angle because I have never ever eaten such and icecream that had its stick in the middle, have you? This was all about making an icecream but the principles and techniques can be used for other projects.