What are you working on (July 2022)?

Cassel

Sue I already commented on Facebook on this lovely bird! Although we have had the longuest day of the year I personally don't want to think of Christmas yet! I like the opportunity for making more flower photos, so I have new ones for the coming months besides my American photos.

Wow! Great creations, Everyone! I am finally feeling like creating. I have been playing with the paint splash script. This is the second page I used the script...didn't post the first as I wasn't happy with the splash. My fine tuning needs practice. I like this one better. The two pages are identical except for the subject.

Sue, once again lovely work.  and using the flip it up text was a great idea.. one that i had forgotten about... I  have that script so must use it again....  thank you for presenting it in such an appealing way.

Corrie, yes we have that kind of ice cream on a stick here in Australia and i have enjoyed a few over the years . Don't be worried about the stick not being straight because sometimes they are on an angle. you created a nice looking ice cream

Dawn.

Sue, preparing for your advent calendar might not be such a bad idea. the way the months are flying by it will be here before we know it...  what you have posted is a great start.

Bonnie another nice page idea to display your pickleball activity

Dawn.

Dawn, I really appreciate your  very kind comments.   I went through a phase when I used  the flip it up technique a lot.  There are so many different variations to create.  Having the script will save you  some time.  I have several seasonal projects on the go, that I  pick up and work on  throughout the year.  Doing a little bit here, and a little bit there.   Between calendars, cards and advent calendars,  it lightens the load as  that season descends upon us.

Take care, Sue

Bonnie, you always create such uniquely beautiful pages.  I don't know  how you come up with each one's layout, no two are ever the same. Happy pickleballing!

Sue, i will be experimenting with that script in my card making.

I have been playing with an idea i had some weeks ago .. i wanted to create stencils in PSP so i asked  Carole  if it could be done and she kindly gave suggestions to get me started... in  traditional card making  you buy a stencil/mask and brush ink over it to create patterns on your card stock. well i wanted to do a digital version and  here is  a couple of cards i have done using brushes and shapes to create a pattern and then turn into a stencil., on the green card i used a rose dingbat font

i forgot to mention on earlier 2 cards i used Cassels torn edge script..... here a 2 more i have made  with a stencil background ... the rose card .. for the background stencil i used a brush  ... Cassels corner brushes.. PSP rose tube .. leaves from a kit purchased a few years ago.  Robin card... the bird  i painted a few years ago when learning to paint in oils..  as i can't draw i was thankful there was a tracing in the book i purchased called painting songbirds.  the stencil pattern  i created was using a rose corner brush and the label frame is a PS shape converted into PSP using levifiction script. Carole has a Blog post about the script called Using Photoshop shapes in PSP.  I have been very happy with  the end result on my cards as i use a matte photo paper with a weight of 250gsm  to print on.

Wow! Dawn!  I'm blown away at your postings.  They are incredibly beautiful.

Here is my layout for lab 5-10.  Does it look like I got a kindergartener to color the crayon edges?  Of course, a kindergartener would do much better. ? I'm a lefty who uses a mouse right handed.  It was a challenge.  I shouldn't be surprised, in the physical world I can't color or sew. A tablet would work best for this type of work.

Even though it's not my best work, I am happy that I've learned new techniques which makes this work as important to my growth as work I've done that I like.

Tutorials learned:

Stitching (very cool, loved learning about the presets too!)

Random picture tube (Even more cool)

Crayon Edge (interesting, loved the sample. mine? not so much, hahaha)

hello Sue what can i say except, Thank You for  your kind comments about my cards  I appreciate it very much. I dropped out of the diamond membership at Lab 8  so maybe that tutorial came after.  Thank you  for your thoughtfulness in making me aware of  it though...   best wishes to you.

Dawn.

I love your layout, Sue. Being right-handed I never thought about left-handed people in terms of a mouse. I was curious so I googled it. While they are few and far between, there are mice made for you. Alternately, you can reconfigure a mouse to accommodate you. In Control Panel click on Mouse and in the properties menu you can switch the left and right click buttons.

hello Corrie.. Thank you is the only word I can think of to express from the heart my appreciation for the lovely comment you left about my cards ....  glad you liked them.. if my cards can create inspiration in others for their card making then i am very happy. .. best wishes to you.

Dawn.

hello Susan .. thanks so much for your kind message about my cards  appreciate  it very much and just want to say I really  like your spring page... if you are a card maker it would make a real pretty one.

hello Mary.. Thank you for your kind comment and i am glad you like the cards.

best wishes to you both,

Dawn.

Moving right along! Lab 9 Mod 5. Things to do: Brick wall (made 2, the spring colored one I used in this LO); Arrow shapes (made 2 and used them to point to the saying); Word sticker (used it for the title); Not sure what font I used for this one to make the word sticker. I'm beginning to learn some things about extracting an image to use as a sticker or ?. Obviously I did on this one with the Raggedy Ann doll.

Lab 5-11.  Quite an enjoyable Lab.  Well, except the part where my PSP wont save the pspimage file.  All is not lost as I could save as JPG.  And here it is.  It goes with the last Lab I did.  Lessons learned:

Chevron 2: loved this tutorial and this pattern.  I used a gradient for the background.

Cutout Word:  I think font choice is important and perhaps only using one word would have been better (more readable)

Punched Out Border:  another fun one that has so many possibilities.

The shadows were tricky on the Punched Out Border and the Cutout Word. I did lower the opacity of the shadow to make it easier on the eyes.  Papers and photo is mine, elements from Digital Scrapbook, Arial Font for the journaling and I forget the font for High Key and I rasterized it without duplicating (a boo boo on my part).  It did come from Creative Fabrica though.

UpDATE: I never did get it saved.  I see a spelling error in the journaling so when I recreate the layout I can fix the spelling error.

That's cool Mary, the gulls look like they have always being part of the photo.  Just from watching the Q&A today I did an extraction using the "smart selection" tool.  I like the style of your layout, especially how the photo's are arranged and the background being a photo really adds to the layout.

update from me…..

If you are on the fence to get the scrapbook Campus Diamond membership, you should do it! We had a really great Q&A session last night where we could ask Carole any questions we had in general or specifically about PSP.  Questions could be asked beforehand or at the session, so really, how accommodating is that?  The features or how to use them or even *why* you’d want to use them! Or how to do a certain thing, like blur to show motion or make something bigger. A lot I had never heard of, so I’m glad other people asked the questions! Layer styles? Never heard of them! Never even saw the icon!

I finally got my newsletter done. It's not very good primarily because NO ONE did his or her job on writing articles and getting important information like dates or future society plans to me in a timely fashion, though I did get five articles 2 and 3 weeks late.  To give you an idea of how bad it was, Scrapbook Campus’s <b>Ann</b> Seber did more than most our members and gave me enough for an article on Merlin, the bird app!!

When that happens, the lack of support, it does not motivate me to go the extra mile to make the newsletter look good.    <b>Sue</b> Thomas, I didn’t use the photo with the people and the masks you helped me with. I got COVID right when I was changing the bg color to primrose.  When I came back to life, I liked it ok, and had it in there, but the took the article out at the last minute in favor of a late-arriving article.

Here’s a link https://dafflibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ledger-33-1-2022-Summer.pdf  Everybody: Do NOT feel you need to comment on it or even look at it. It has no bells or whistles, and isn’t even that interesting, though I will say it is head and shoulders above any other Daffodil Society Newsletters in the US.

Now I’m doing Scrapbook Bootcamp BECAUSE I AM USING MY NEW PSP2022 instead of PSP X2!  This is big news!  Carole helped me find some scripts (on <u>MY</u> COMPUTER!!!) that I can’t live without and helped me get them bound; I think that’s always what was holding me back.  I need the bootcamp for two reasons - one to reset all my file association configurations so I can double click in Windows Explorer and it opens up in PSP 2022 for .jog, .png, all the file extensions. There always seem to be one or two I forget!   Also, because a few things are very, very different in this version. Cropping for one thing. I just have to get used to the weird icons - red lipstick icon being the eraser and red microphone being another. Tubes, I think.  And the barfing paint can being flood fill. :).