What are you working on (in April 2022)?

Cassel

Lab 7 Mod 11. Create a photobooth strip for 5 pics; an arrow ribbon; and a cutout edge (kind of like a picot edge on a scallop). All the elements and ribbons are my own creation. The font for the title is Hesthia Austine; the word "Travel" is Kristen ITC; and the narrative is Arial Rounded MT Bold; I used the color scheme of the Palette Challenge for this month.

A simple, no fuss page.  Vector  spiral, with a bit of a twist.  Created a burnt edge effect for the outer frame.  Created the frame around the  masked magpie.  I have told you before, that I used to have  Magpies  as pets, they were all named Jimmy.  After a period of time they all  learnt to speak simple phrases.   Jimmy good boy.  Pick it up, give it to me. Dinner.  They all enjoyed the freedom of flight, and would come and go as they please.

Mary, I love seeing your layouts on the Labs.  what a great way to learn about PSP.

Trish...OUTSTANDING!  I love abstracts and have started to move that way in my photography.

Sue, I simply love corvids.  Especially Magpies, which are new to me since moving to Alberta.  We have a winter family that comes everyday (I have bird feeders), spring we have a crow couple and the magpies toe-the-line when they (crow couple) are in residence.  Although they are cheeky and do push the limits.  They are all back in the yard, crows and magpies in late summer as I have 3 bird baths out. It is so interesting to hear about your Magpies you had.

Everyone has posted such great stuff.

I've only had time for my daily gaming group pics. Here are some I've done in the last week or so. If anyone wants to know a font, technique, or effect I used. please feel free to ask. As always, any constructive comments are welcome.

I don't remember when I posted something in this thread, and I still have nothing, but I love to see what everyone is creating... I am still creating layouts for the Template Workshop, and at the same time, I am reviewing my Scripting Lessons.

Mary, Bonnie, Ann, Marie-Claire, Trish, Michele, Lynda, Pirkko, Colin Hooson, Susan, Sue, lovely, creative, and fun work as always!

Don’t hesitate, order now online your nature prints, and I will guarantee it will arrive no later than Friday afternoon. :-)  I wanted to showcase the quote in a slightly different way, which meant I ended up creating the books, and taking out a page. The frame is unique to the butterfly photo. For this type of frame, I always create a new frame for each photo. The tag is one of many I have created. I love Carole’s spiral binding tubes to create books. Actually, I ordered gifts for my granddaughters for Easter last Friday through Amazon UK. At 8pm my time. 3am UK time. One gift arrived on the Saturday afternoon, and the other 2 arrived on Sunday afternoon.

I wish you all a very happy and sunny Easter!

For this card I used the diamond extra 1B card from the recent Template Workshop. I made all the brushstrokes into a mask for the photo of my easterdecoration on a sidetable. Then I put the same photo inside the frame. The font is Beladina Gadelia, a recent freebie by Creative Fabrica with a lot of glyphs and the dove silhoutte I found a long time ago on the internet.

LAB 7 Mod 12. Streamer, right angle triangle paper, speech bubble. OK, they are all present in this layout. I played with the streamer and the mesh warp tool and will post this also - it just didn't work with this layout. I also made several papers with different colors and played around with the previous papers in different colors. The Hue, Saturation, Lightness tool is CRAZY!!! It mage me several different colors of the paper with the multi lines at an angle. Would love to do something with the pink and purple papers I made.

Lab 8 Mod 2. Shaped Text, Word Frame, and an interesting arrow patterned paper. Accomplished, but - oh, boy - troubles with the shaped text: I forgot to hide the ellipse shape and had to erase it when it appeared on my background! The word frame gave me trouble until I listened and watched the video - then it made sense. Anyway, done. The elements and papers are mine. The pictures were taken by my great granddaughter which she graciously shared with me.

Pirkko, depending on the tool you use, you will get rough edges.

If you use a Selection tool (like the Magic Wand), make sure the Anti-alias is checked. Even if it is, it might not be smooth.

If you can Feather your selection by 1 pixel, it might help smooth the edges somewhat.

If you can use a vector shape (if the design is a Preset Shape), then you can go to Selections > From Vector Object, and that will give the best edges possible.

And of course, the smaller the selection is, the rougher it will be.