Template Workshop 2022

Cassel

OK, here is my Day 3 layout. Photo is from Freerangestock.com, photographer is Jack Moreh. The poetry is an old English nursery rhyme (part of it I remembered from the dim, dark past, and the last line to the rhyme was found on the web). Fonts: poetry is Curlz MT, the acknowledgment for the photo is Arial Rounded MT Bold. The background is a blue gradient; the starry sky paper is an overlay (ps-marisa lerin) on a flood fill; the green and pink papers are from the Today kit (cpjess-today) and colorized. Elements: the gold glitter star is mine; the flower cluster is made from elements in the cpjess-today kit.

Oh, yeah - the moon paper is a copy of the moon from the picture tube that I isolated and made a png from for a Halloween layout. This worked fine to display as a paper for this layout!

Carole - thanks for your encouragement for lesson 3.  In reply to your question "Lois (#73985) beautiful. Are you feeling a bit more comfortable with the steps yet?"  I am getting more comfortable but still need to work on things.  I am so used to doing things the hard way that I am having trouble with some of your shortcuts.  Getting there though.

Lois

Day 4.  A  lovely template to work with.  I had other plans for today's  template. That is until I  spotted the ground squirrel while I was outside having my elevenses, a cup of tea and a welsh cake or two.  I grabbed the camera, and started shooting.  This chap hibernated under the tack room.  Truly a sign that Spring can't be that far away.  Fingers crossed!

Carole, your comment, about having to look twice at my pages....... made me smile. Thank you ever so much for your comment. I genuinely  appreciate your words. As you know I'm not a fussy, frilly creator. I am a stickler for fine detail though.  I feel just one small  detail can make a page  pop.

I used Carole's  lifted photo script. Replaced one photo with a tag with journaling.  Lifted corners of  the photos over their frames, tilted the frames.  Added  a corner font to two of the corners, to balance the  page, instead of using the frame  provided.  Background paper: took a  neutral colour from the  photo, added an overlay, and  a hint of texture.  This template was meant for  this  little beauty!

I wasn't happy with my day 3 layout and it hadn't any journaling, so here is it again together with day 3 Diamond tamplate. Both layout belong more or less together in my story and again I didn't use the greenery from the template. Because the instructions page had feathers in it, I put birdsilhouttes on the other one nd made a ricrac ribbob out of the straight one that is in the balloon kit that I used on day 1.

On to day 4 now and I enjoy all the great pages shown here, too much to comment on individually.

Second try, I forgot to change my journaling into a raster layer, so it didn't show up here. This it Template Workshop 4 and the story continues, we are almost in the air. The Diamond Template will show that, but it has to wait till tomorrow, it's almost midnight again. I changed the template to suits my photo and there isn't a 4th photo, because I needed some place for the journaling. The background is a paper I have in my stash (Boo by DigitalScrapbook) and I choose it because their is some orange in it which matches with the balloon. I did only a part of the frame with an edge punch from Carole.

I'm on a calendar countdown until the day I can go home.  As usual, I'm longing for spring in Maine, but everyone is telling me it's still pretty cold and not to hurry.  So I'm making do with just using pictures from home.  I rotated the template for my purposes (pics) and I did add the splat but I blurred it considerably.  I used Filter Forge on the thin little outline to make kind of a variegated effect with some sparkle.  A fun template, Carole.  Again, a lot of wonderful works to look at ... and I am enjoying your balloon adventure Corrie!  I can't wait to see how far you went in it and how high?  Loads of places around here give balloon "rides" they call them ... but they aren't really rides because the balloon is tethered.  That would be good enough for me!

I decided to try something that Carole had shown in another workshop to use a pattern (which I created using colours from the pictures) to fill to create my papers.

I know that Spring has officially arrived but I am looking forward to warmer days and the appearance of the spring flowers.

I stuck with the open layer script and was impressed - saved time along with the CTRL Y that I'd forgotten about!!!

I had a spot of trouble with getting my photo to 'fit' on the shape. I did the magic wand to make it only go on the shape but at first the photo had a large chunk missing, as if it was within another mask/shape... I kept at it and finally it went right, but to be honest, I have no idea if I had done anything different but it seemed to have just worked!

Here is my Day 3 page - I used various papers from Digital Scrapbook - Gina Jones February Kit. The photo is of crocuses that are in Mums garden.

I love what everyone has been inspired to do. So many different takes on a simple template. Does the template inspire us or do we take it as a chance to showcase pictures we have been anxious to use. I know that this one is displaying pictures I took of my great grandson years ago - I was fascinated with his fascination with his grandmother's little water garden. Now I have a chance to display them.

The font is Gigi for the title - inner beveled and shadowed. The background is filled from my gravel pattern. The blue paper was colored from the pic and texturized. The pink heart is from cpjess Cherish kit. The cluster is mine. Bought and used the ClipToIt script for the 1st time. Thanks, Carole - it really is a big time saver!

Lesson 3 plus extra.  Clip-To-It is so fast.  I had previously bought it but didn't know how to use it, time goes on and I forgot I had it.  It was like getting a surprise gift when I looked and saw it.

Geometric: PMC clay beads by Melanie Rowe, photo by me.  Font is Christmas Glee (from CF) papers from Digital Scrapbook.  I used the doge and burn blend modes on the elements and reduced the opacity to look like a watercolor wash.

Mask: PMC Mask by Melanie Rowe, photo by me.  I should mention the metal clay and glass masks Melanie first carves a wax mold and then uses a refractory mold mix (mold mix 6) and brushes on many small layers (letting it dry in between) of this mold mix over the wax (I've done it, it's painstaking). Then burns out the wax and the mold is ready for hot glass or metal clay to be pressed into.  I have two mask layouts, one shadowed and one not.  No shadow it's as if it was a poster.  The fonts are Ernestone Script ("Mask" with glyphs-M&L) and quote is Viner Hand. I used flood fill for the colors, was playing around and keeping it simple.

Day 2 posting for me...really having trouble keeping up. So many steps. I watch the video thru first, then open PSP and the template and chose my photos, then I begin.

I used some garden photos from last year. But today I saw my crocus are blooming, finally! I have been waiting for spring! I didn't use a drop shadow on the title text. It just didn't look good with the cut outs in the text.

Day 4 Project 2  :-)  I had made frames for my mask templates, but I hadn't thought about just using a frame without the promoting to a mask layer!   I also want to use the script writing tutorial so I can speed up the part about touching up multiple old photos.  So much to learn!!  Thanks for you help, Carol, and your comments and suggestions.