Masks Workshop 2022

Cassel

Finally some time to work on the masks challenge. I've been part of it last year too, (Love story) so I'm only using the extra's (Diamond) this course.

The church is in the village called  "Woldendorp" here in the Netherlands.

Holle bolle Gijs is famous in the Netherlands: Holle Bolle Gijs

The plaid with the church was one I had in my stash, with the colorchanger I made it suitable with the project.

And the bulbs in the basket are from last year, The text says Waiting for spring. The dragonfly and the flowers on the bottom are picture tubes.

Day 7 Layout.  I enjoyed this tutorial.  I like how we made the mask and the dots were fun to do and try different sizes.  Thank you Carole for having these tutorials available for the Diamond members.  I'm going to need to refer to them for some time to come.

Thanks again for putting this workshop on.  I have being inspired by and learned from everybody.  Cant wait till the next one.

Lesson 7

I'm afraid my attempts for this last lesson have been disastrous so I have nothing to show yet. I can't work out what I am doing wrong. I have created the frame shape more or less ok although there are some bare patches in it. The mask I tried to create just blanks out the photo and does not take on the frame shape. I intend to have another go tomorrow with a fresher brain perhaps but if there are any pointers for me, I would be grateful.

I agree with Sue when she thanks Carole for the effort she puts in for us all. Thank you so much.

Mask Workshop - Day 4- I am having a hard time with the masks, but I plan to" master the masks"  with lots of practice. I had fun however with the brush (mcbad watercolor 017) and added 2 small brushstrokes to the text. Font is:Carolina Script. The balloon graphic is from Art Explosion and I was trying to work the brush so the balloon picture would end up like a circle. Then I made a plaid background from what I learned in week 2 and turned up the opacity a bit more on the background.

MasksWorkshop-7. What a pity this workshop is over and I have loved every day of it and all the different layouts that are made. A big thank you to Carole!!!

Here is my last tree in bloom. I made a background with a small flower instead of a dot. My usual font for the title and the Calligraphy font for Time to Blossom.

I have seen such great work by other participants.

I like the things I have learned.

I don't think I would have ever wandered into the area to be able to create the Linoleum.

I decided to play around with other settings for "Displacement Map" and ended up with what I consider a pretty nice design that I could use in the future for a background.

CTRL+Y is a new friend :)

Thank you, Carole.

Sue Thomas, you are such a bright light for all of us who are still struggling to learn the ins-and-outs of PSP. Your designs are always inspiring, and your thoughtful comments are helpful. Thanks. I love bees too. But we have so many fewer in my area than in years gone by. I hope they don't become "artifacts".

Thank you Julie,  I appreciated the input of seasoned PSPers when I started many years ago. Prior to  joining the campus, I used PSP to edit photos, using those photos  for greeting cards and calendars.  I now regard myself as a scrapbooker too!  While still doing cards etc.  I am now in a position to  reciprocate and share my knowledge and encouragement and support with others.  When I was in school, many moons ago,  I was taught by learning by  parrot fashion. I have suggested to newbies,  choose a technique, and learn it, by repetition, once you have mastered it,  then move on to another technique.  So it doesn't all become overwhelming and confusing. Of all the challenges the Love Story is the most challenging for newbies, as there as many steps to remember.  We are all here to support each other.

Yes Julie, I too have noticed a decline in all insects, due to pesticides, herbicides and other factors created by humans.

Day 3 - I have used the kaleidoscope effect before, but it has been awhile. I wasn't really going for a pink background, but it looked better than the green I was getting, and it does seem to work. I could play with it all night, but that might not be a good idea right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Sue - Practicing over and over sounds like a good idea! Often I will do one tutorial, and then forget the steps, and how to do it.

The Polka dots process is something I will use.

So I also tried making a simple with lines and liked how that turned out with this same technique.

I assume that I will be able to use the technique for the border to make a postage stamp border in white.

I was wondering about the green background of the picture. In Lightroom, I can work with just the green and lighten it. Is there a way to do that in PaintShop Pro?

Thank you for making this workshop available to us, Carole.

Thank you so much Carole for allowing me to participate in this workshop.  You certainly provided us with an opportunity to learn new techniques.  I certainly enjoyed viewing all of the excellent layouts created by all.

Here is my Day 7 result.  The image was obtained by Pixabay and the font used was BankGothic Md BT

Day 7 - Lighthouse on Kangaroo Island.   For the background I created the paper from the photo then because of the lighthouse I made a brush from a ships wheel and another from a life buoy.   It didn't quite work out how I wanted but I will work on it.

Thanks Carole for your time and the effort that goes into these workshops, and this one was was especially popular and the results achieved by everyone have been outstanding and a delight to scroll through and be inspired.